X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Are you KIDDING! What is causing your hesitation?
    Hesitation:

1) Price - this is an expensive EDF (as most go).
    2) Batteries - needs 2 big batteries. That's about $200 in batteries for each flight
    3) A-10 - not my all time favorite.
    4) Was wondering how it flies. Everyone seems to say they love it, so that's cool.

Temptations:

1) It's big - the bigger the better....size really does matter :P
    2) It's a twin - twin EDFs are cool

That's about it.

I should have pulled the trigger on the new F-4 right away. Now it's mid-May before the next batch comes in. Don't want to wait that long for a new plane, so I'll probably get this one.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post

Hesitation:

2) Batteries - needs 2 big batteries. That's about $200 in batteries for each flight
      4) Was wondering how it flies. Everyone seems to say they love it, so that's cool.

Temptations:

That's about it.

I should have pulled the trigger on the new F-4 right away. Now it's mid-May before the next batch comes in. Don't want to wait that long for a new plane, so I'll probably get this one.

Fortunately, you don;t really need the $200 set of batteries.
      30C Turnigy packs from Hobby King are adequate. Appx 1/3 the cost. Minor reduction in max power. (you'd need a wattmeter to see it)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yeah, the stock power doesn’t require the highest output capable Lipo’s (budget LiPo’s can be found) to fly well. Two batteries per flight can be a negative in some aspects, but the model flies so well that is completely worth it in my opinion. For an A-10 of its size and features, it’s a great price. If it’s not your favorite airframe or not close to it than you may want to give it more thought before dropping the coin. I’ve been nothing but impressed with the model, and if it went bye-bye tomorrow, I’d buy another.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post

Hesitation:

Temptations:

That's about it.

Well, as long as you put it that way. LOL

Comment

• The A-10 is the best flying plane I own. That's why I'm not hesitating to replace the one I crashed yesterday.
            Pat

Comment

• I'm delaying both the A-10 and Phantom until I clear a bit of space. Maybe in time for the 2nd shipment of Phantoms.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                The A-10 is the best flying plane I own. That's why I'm not hesitating to replace the one I crashed yesterday.
                I have to agree with you, it is the best flying EDF out there in my opinion, it doesn't do anything wrong, flew it in some wind the other day and it handled it no problem, mine is all stock with no mods done to it, it is so easy to fly and land. Those who don't have one, get one, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• I love my A-10, great flying plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Alpha is a little premature with this. The oleo nose gear are in production but have not yet left he factory. ETA on those is likely 6 weeks. The main landing gear upgrade is not ready for production yet. I talked to the Freewing last night and we cannot yet order the upgraded mains and they don't have any ETA just yet.
                    Hello Tom,
                    Been steadfastly awaiting the oleo main gear upgrade.
                    Alpha posted this last July 30th on the Oleo Mains with a price/delivery date speculated for 6-8 weeks which would make for approx. the end of last Sept.
                    Almost 2 months ago you sort of inferred that availability is up in the air on these.
                    If FW had a finalized pre-prod run 8 months ago what seems to be the hold up :Confused:
                    Do you have any further insight ?
                    There's money to be made on those buggars;)

Best regards,
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      The A-10 is the best flying plane I own. That's why I'm not hesitating to replace the one I crashed yesterday.
                      So sorry to hear about yours Pat - never good when it happens. I'm just about done building my A-10 (just decals left and then CG check), and can't wait for her maiden when it warms up just a little. Good luck with your next A-10.

Jim

Comment

• Thanks Jim. But I won't need luck with the next one, they fly so good! :)
                        Pat

Comment

• Update on my grandson Noah and will be 1 year old the 23 of Feb. He is starting to see some light. :Cool:

Comment

• Very sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                              Update on my grandson Noah and will be 1 year old the 23 of Feb. He is starting to see some light. :Cool:
                              That's the best news I've heard in a long time, thanks so much for the update and the picture...what a blessing:Cool:
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That's the best news I've heard in a long time, thanks so much for the update and the picture...what a blessing:Cool:
                                Thanks TI still a long road for my daughter and Noah.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  Very sweet.
                                  He is a joy. Thanks Hope to make it out your way one of these days.

Comment

• My A-10 with the Model Sounds Inc sound system. 2 25 watt speakers operating from a separate lipo. Last summer.

Comment

Update on my grandson Noah and will be 1 year old the 23 of Feb. He is starting to see some light. :Cool:
                                      How very awesome!!! Thank You LORD for healing little Noah!!! Many blessings to you all!!! WOO HOO!!!!! :Cool::)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

How very awesome!!! Thank You LORD for healing little Noah!!! Many blessings to you all!!! WOO HOO!!!!! :Cool::)
                                        Thanks a bunch and greatly appreciated.

Comment

Praise the Lord for answered prayer! We will continue to lift your family up!

On another note, here's what guys like me do when we're grounded due to weather...make chalks for the next static display! :Cool:Rob

Comment

Working...
                                          X