Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
      That looks great Aros!!! Can't wait to see it with the decals...
      That is exactly the way I am doing mine.
      I read where you used the green tape but I don't see where you posted the brand and color of paint used.
      I sure would appreciate it if you could post that info...
      Also didn't see the Arctic Thunder livery on Callies web site, is that a special order or something. I have never dealt with Callie, this will be first time.
      Again, fantastic looking plane, you did a great job...
      I may be a little partial though since I use to work on these at Eielson AFB Alaska...
      Thanks Tom! The paint I used was Krylon Flat White and Krylon Flat Black. The yellow on the tails is Valspar Tractor and Implement "Transport Yellow". (I love that yellow as it is more of an orange yellow than a bright, canary yellow. I use it for any livery that has yellow accents and works perfect to paint warbird prop tips). I then hit it with Miniwax Polycrylic satin. The Arctic Thunder livery actually is on Callie's site...Check it out here.

Note, I had Callie do a custom order for me because there's quite a bit of nomenclature and graphics missing from that set that I wanted added to mine (see the photo below). I referenced this sweet Mibo turbine version for mine... (try not to drool too hard, lol!!) Total came to 30 bucks. Well worth it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.PNG Views:	1 Size:	573.5 KB ID:	82906

I had to take several screen shots of that video above to get the camo pattern correct. There's no perfect top down, bottom up shots so it was as close as I could get it based on the views I had. If you would like the photos I referenced send me a PM with your email and I will be happy to email them to you!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Nice flight, Todd!:Cool: (I surely would have dented the dumpster.) Don't worry about the flaps- I just realized yesterday I've been flying all my models, for years, with NO expo. I thought I was just "inhibiting" the dual rate switches om my DX8 but noticed the little graph wasn't changing while setting up the A-10- expo was also inhibited. What a moron :Silly:
        Tom
        Ha! If I had a dime for every boneheaded thing I've done in this hobby I could buy a really nice bottle of CA. LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
          Looks great Aros! It's so easy to "over do" a camo. Yours is nice and clean. :Cool:

Even with the yellow frog tape, I had one spot that lifted between the nacells. Found out that in that area, the factory paint was loose from the foam for some reason.
          Thanks! Yes I noticed the same thing. That area between the nacelles is especially prone to pulling up paint.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            Great job on the paint scheme Todd....green frog tape and all! Incredible afternoon footage of the hog. You could see the fans slowing down coming out of loops and of coarse for landing. Pretty busy parking lot. What percent down do you have on the elevator for half and full flaps?
            Thanks buddy! Here's my settings for flaps on my DX18:

Position 0: -100% / Elev 0%
            Position 1: -20% / Elev 5%
            Position 2: 30% / Elev 12%

Speed: 5.0 seconds
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Pete Lane

LOL

I need one of those stickers!

Comment

• Ok
                Found it for ya

Comment

• Here are a few pics from today. Got all three of them in the air at the same time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_150948.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	83087Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_151004.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	83088Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_151043.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	83089

Comment

• Wow....all 3 have different nose art.

Plane

Comment

• Nice!! Now who's who?

Looks like another Field of Dreams!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Thanks Tom! The paint I used was Krylon Flat White and Krylon Flat Black. The yellow on the tails is Valspar Tractor and Implement "Transport Yellow". (I love that yellow as it is more of an orange yellow than a bright, canary yellow. I use it for any livery that has yellow accents and works perfect to paint warbird prop tips). I then hit it with Miniwax Polycrylic satin. The Arctic Thunder livery actually is on Callie's site...Check it out here.

Note, I had Callie do a custom order for me because there's quite a bit of nomenclature and graphics missing from that set that I wanted added to mine (see the photo below). I referenced this sweet Mibo turbine version for mine... (try not to drool too hard, lol!!) Total came to 30 bucks. Well worth it!

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture6.PNG Views:	1 Size:	573.5 KB ID:	82906

I had to take several screen shots of that video above to get the camo pattern correct. There's no perfect top down, bottom up shots so it was as close as I could get it based on the views I had. If you would like the photos I referenced send me a PM with your email and I will be happy to email them to you!
                        Wow! Found myself leaning into the turns on the Mibo vid. That pilot must have a special jockstrap for the brass balls he has. LOLBrad

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                          HELP!!! I have no idea wyt I can't get the ESC's to respond to the bind when using my AR9350 rx. Any ideas? Check out the video please. I've lowered the throttle trim all the way down. I've reversed the throttle to see if that was it. Nothing seems to work.

it says that the bind is complete, yet the plane doesn't respond.

It it has to be something I haven't thought of. My AR6210 binds just fine, but not the AR9350. Horizon says it has to be something in the ESC settings that aren't working with the rx.

Yes, I know I could just use the 6 channel rx, but that doesn't solve my issue with this rx. I'd like to add sound as well as have the option to do other things.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!
                          The same thing happened to mine. After binding, rebinding, checking that the throttle trim and stick were all the way down, I finally looked at the settings in my radio. The endpoint/travel adjustments on my throttle were less than 100% for both the full throttle (stick fully up), and zero throttle (stick fully down). With the ESC's beeping like crazy, I went into the radio and reset the endpoint/travel adjustments to 100% and both ESC's kicked in and acknowledged the signal right away. I have been fine ever since. My suggestion is to check EVERYTHING in your radio that impacts the throttle signal including endpoint/travel adjustments, subtrim, etc.

Good luck!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHs...ature=youtu.be
                            Hopefully everyone can see this video from the other day. Albeit it is an FMS 70mm A-10 as the FW is still a work in progress. Family and other things come first and still waiting on Callie graphics.

Tim T
                            Last edited by ColtPilot; Jun 26, 2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• You can see the elevator is at the dimples on the Mibo vidio.

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                Nice!! Now who's who?

Looks like another Field of Dreams!
                                We have a beautiful field and are extremely thankful for it. Our runway is 750′ x 90′ and is East-West facing The pilots face North. We have clear approaches on either side, and the sun is never a problem!.

As far as who's who, Mike J. (a.k.a. "Crashguru") is on the left, Mike T. (a.k.a. "Mike_Then") is the handsome guy in the center, and Chuck M. (a.k.a. "afjetmech") is on the right.

Comment

• Here are some photos of Roy David's A-10 taken yesterday at JAXRC. The maiden flight was without ordinance but the A-10 flew just as well when the ordinance was added. He also has a sound system with engine, cannon and missile launch sound effects. All the Freewing jets look great in photographs.

Comment

• Mine still in the painting stage but a friend had his out for the maiden yesterday less deals Flew beautiful.

Mike
                                    Attached Files
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post

We have a beautiful field and are extremely thankful for it. Our runway is 750′ x 90′ and is East-West facing The pilots face North. We have clear approaches on either side, and the sun is never a problem!.

As far as who's who, Mike J. (a.k.a. "Crashguru") is on the left...
                                      That would be "Crashmaster", please!

Yes. We are extremely fortunate to have one of the best fields in Eastern NC. Come fly with us!

https://www.facebook.com/Tarheelrcfl...homepage_panel

Comment

• I have ordered an ARF+ which will be here today but does anyone know if it comes with the battery to ESC leads and BEC? If not I guess I will find out later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashmaster View Post

The same thing happened to mine. After binding, rebinding, checking that the throttle trim and stick were all the way down, I finally looked at the settings in my radio. The endpoint/travel adjustments on my throttle were less than 100% for both the full throttle (stick fully up), and zero throttle (stick fully down). With the ESC's beeping like crazy, I went into the radio and reset the endpoint/travel adjustments to 100% and both ESC's kicked in and acknowledged the signal right away. I have been fine ever since. My suggestion is to check EVERYTHING in your radio that impacts the throttle signal including endpoint/travel adjustments, subtrim, etc.

Good luck!
                                          Much thanks Mike! I'll go back into the radio and check other throttle settings to see if a difference can be made. I changed the rx out for both an AR6210 and an AR8000, and they both wok just fine. But those receivers are taken out of my other planes. Wanted to see if the rx was maybe faulty. Horizon says it's fine if it binds with the radio.
                                          It's just not activating the ESC's after it binds to the radio, so they think it's a problem with the ESC's.

Thanks for the ideas. Will check that this week. Hoping to finally getting her ready for maiden in the next couple of weeks. Work and travels have kept me grounded...and I'm part of the first group. Yikes!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X