Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habe seit heute Probleme mit den Flaps.Die machen keinen Mux mehr.
    Hat das auch schon mal einer gehabt?
    Werde alles mal durchmessen:(:Confused:
    Evtl. liegt es am Control-Board.

Comment

• Has this become a German speaking forum???????

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian-M View Post
        Has this become a German speaking forum???????
        All are welcome.

Comment

• No. I don’t speak German. I use the translator program to speak to Hover to include him in the Squawk conversations. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian-M View Post
            Has this become a German speaking forum???????
            Same with Didier (French) and Gordon (Brit) LOLLOLLOL Just kidding Gordon. I love ya, Man!
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hover View Post
              Habe seit heute Probleme mit den Flaps.Die machen keinen Mux mehr.
              Hat das auch schon mal einer gehabt?
              Werde alles mal durchmessen:(:Confused:
              Evtl. liegt es am Control-Board.
              Hast du die servos mit dem sender verlangsamt?
              Ich finde, das funktioniert mit Freewing-flugzeugen nicht gut.

Comment

• How much expo do I use on the Avanti S?

Comment

• Originally posted by Axel S. View Post
                  How much expo do I use on the Avanti S?
                  That's different for each person. It also depends on what rate you are applying the expo to. Some don't like any expo regardless of expo. I like more expo the higher the rate. If I'm on 100% rate, I'll go 35 to 40 expo but on low rates of 60%, I might only dial in 15 to 20 expo. As you can see, there is no single answer. You need to pick something and try it. Then change it to suit you.

Comment

• Roger XViper… I use as much throw as comfortable for the mechanics on every plane, but I use 45 on Ailerons, 65 on Elevator, and 20 on Rudder. The 65 is usually a little mushy, and then I dial it down to match the airframe and the CG... However, I have not had a warbird or jet snap roll from an elevator stall from me over-controlling the surface... This is a conservative setup for sure, but it has worked well for me so far!! I dial it down as I go... Some planes, the Aileron goes to zero for roll rate,,, etc...

Hope that helps a bit!! Jerry

Comment

• I'll add that sometimes the pushrod placement in the manual is not the best. If you decide to reduce (or increase) overall surface travel don't do it in the transmitter, move the pushrod to a inner hole on the servo. Keeping it on a outer hole and reducing your travel 60% makes the servo work harder and you have less servo resolution. Also check your servo arms are 90 degrees to the pushrod. Many times the arm is off 1 spline.

I like 100/80/60 for D/R's as a starting point with 40/30/20 expo except I use no expo on rudder. These setting get similar feel at the center with increasing travel on the higher rates. But everyone has their own preference.

Take care setting up the flaps on the Avanti as using too much travel in the flap up position can cause the servos to fail.

Comment

• My go to plane, especially in 10 to 15mph winds. No gyro in my Red Avanti S. Here is a video of me flying this great EDF

If you fly with a Spektrum radio, be sure to use normal speed for flaps. Do not use delayed flaps. If you have any issues with flaps, turn off the delay, see what happens.....

I believe they have resolved the nose gear issues with the red version. I've already had a rough landing with the red version without that kind of damage. I did repair that issue on two yellow Avanti S planes, which I've sold. They both continue to fly without that nose gear issue. Use a razor knife, carefully cut out foam above plastic landing gear mount from battery compartment. Fill area with 2hr epoxy, be careful, use just enough to fill the area. Replace foam. All better.

Love this jet! Thank you Motion RC!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipripper View Post
                          My go to plane, especially in 10 to 15mph winds. No gyro in my Red Avanti S. Here is a video of me flying this great EDF

If you fly with a Spektrum radio, be sure to use normal speed for flaps. Do not use delayed flaps. If you have any issues with flaps, turn off the delay, see what happens.....

I believe they have resolved the nose gear issues with the red version. I've already had a rough landing with the red version without that kind of damage. I did repair that issue on two yellow Avanti S planes, which I've sold. They both continue to fly without that nose gear issue. Use a razor knife, carefully cut out foam above plastic landing gear mount from battery compartment. Fill area with 2hr epoxy, be careful, use just enough to fill the area. Replace foam. All better.

Love this jet! Thank you Motion RC!

Thanks for the tip with the flaps! Hoping to maiden mine soon now that the snow is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

Hoping to maiden mine soon now that the snow is gone.
                            Wow! Must be nice to have the snow gone!

Here's my reality in northern Minnesota! We won't see green grass this year for at least a few months... The benches you see are 4 feet above the ground... My Avanti is waiting patiently in my workshop for its maiden... :-(

Comment

• Bill!!! God Bless You Brother!!! Man, just get some Avanti floats and give it full throttle!!! Jerry from Texas. It was 16F here two days ago. Now it is 70F!!! :Silly:;):Cool:

Comment

• I am looking for a good looking pilot for my Avanti S , any ideas?

Also looking for carbon or 3D printed wing fences.

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYITRC View Post
                                  I am looking for a good looking pilot for my Avanti S , any ideas?

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, SKYITRC! If you want a prepainted pilot figure, consider pilots from similar sized aircraft, like the Freewing 80mm L-39. If you want a very highly detailed resin pilot bust, which require painting to finish, I recommend the 1/10 scale bust from www.jethangar.com. Chris Wolfe is a member here and he casts each pilot bust himself in California. If you wanted a painting service, see Akuma Zeto, who is also a member here.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

As far as those, I don't know of any aftermarket sources for carbon fences or customized 3D files. There are a few members here who draft 3D parts, try contacting them in one of the 3DPUP threads.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I am looking for a good looking pilot for my Avanti S , any ideas?
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2883.JPG
Views:	1805
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	186743

Comment

• Here are wing fences for the Avanti that you can 3D print.

Wanted to make a wing fence from original templates provided. Had to shorten the tail by 2.5 mm to fit on print bed. They are 2mm think. There are 2 versions, the standard long fence as what came with Avanti and the shorter one to fit print bed.

Comment

• Great help guys

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X