Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my shipping notification as well!!!

Comment

• Received my shipping notification, too. Probably won't be able to fly it for a couple weeks, due to work, but oh well! :Cool:

Comment

• Mine is going to some modifications in a repaint so it'll be awhile before I can get it in the air Click image for larger version

Name:	20170711_235827.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	88256
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
          An answer for "flyingmyAoff" about cracks.
          No I did not have any cracks, but found when they assembled the base plate for the nose gear it was lacking enough glue which caused it to raise up on the front edge of the plastic base. So I went in and add epoxy to the area and under the plate. I made a wooden plate for the side wall which is about 3/32 thick to beef it up some then I made my strut brace out of 1/4 inch hard-wood and epoxy it in place. You can still get the gear out with no trouble. It's best to pull the steering servo out as well. Very easy and worth the mod. I'll see about posting more photos. If you run off a grass field, you'll be glad to add this as we all know that all landings are not perfect and not all grass fields are with out their bumps here and there.
          Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya......
          Hey, nice to know I wasn't the only one with problems with the base plate. I finally had to split the fuse and use lighter fluid to loosen up the glue and pulled the plate out, had a crack in it which I repaired and reinstalled the plate using Gorilla Glue. Now she works great !! I like the extra pieces you added as well, helps with some of the slop in the nose gear I'm guessing.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
            From all the positive things I read about the Avanti, I guess I will go ahead and build mine. I have not flown for over a year or so after hand surgery but I am ready to hit the field again. I flew the Viper, ME262, F86, SU35, and F18. I should be able to fly this one even with a year off. I hope! I think I will try this one before the T45, which I have had for years now. One does not realize just how important ones hand are until one cannot use them fully. I thank God every day now that I am getting full use of mine hands back. Blessings to all.
            Hey Pheonix, that's great to hear and it'll be great to have you back in the air as well. You'll have no trouble with the Avanti, it's my first jet and what a sweetheart it is!! She likes to roll, had to turn my rates on the ailerons down to 80%, so beware. Fly it on low rates at first, but hey, you're an old Jet Jock, you'll be great!!
            One of the fun things to do with it is to watch the jaws drop when you take it 'off road' The back of our field is patches of grass and dirt, pretty rough and the Avanti handles it well. The guys at my field are totally impressed with it.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• TopGun

Thanks for the nose gear stabilization mod. It should help alot with tracking during takeoff as I fly off a very clumpy grass field.

Comment

• Hey Ron,
                Glad my idea was able to help someone. You did a great job. The four holes in mine are there so I can unscrew the nose gear, should I need to. This mod should cut down or eliminate nose gear problems.
                Have fun... Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                  Hey Ron,
                  Glad my idea was able to help someone. You did a great job. The four holes in mine are there so I can unscrew the nose gear, should I need to. This mod should cut down or eliminate nose gear problems.
                  Have fun... Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.....
                  The front screws aren't a problem, I could drill holes for the back screws if needed.

The engineered play in the nose gear on these new Freewing planes is interesting to say the least. A friend has the A-10 and it's the same way. According to Freewing it reduces malfunctions, not sure about that but it does cause tracking issues.

Comment

• ok guys here is something really funny....When you leave the nose for your Freewing Avanti at home and have a good friend give you his spare 90mm F-104 nose.... this happens...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWY--cOh...n-by=gooniac33
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                      ok guys here is something really funny....When you leave the nose for your Freewing Avanti at home and have a good friend give you his spare 90mm F-104 nose.... this happens...

So, all the slots and magnets are the same? Amazing. Painted up, you would think it was born with it.

Comment

• Onboard video at southbury field ct

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                          So, all the slots and magnets are the same? Amazing. Painted up, you would think it was born with it.
                          not quite. We put a couple dabs of hot glue to keep it in place. but the magnets could easily be changed! it can also be sanded or molded to fit the plane as well...
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

not quite. We put a couple dabs of hot glue to keep it in place. but the magnets could easily be changed! it can also be sanded or molded to fit the plane as well...
                            Too bad. Was hoping it was a direct fit with same shape where it connects. Looks really good from a distance.

Comment

Pinocchio ??
                              They did that with a DC-3 of all things too, I have no idea why ??

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Ron for the encouragement.

Comment

• Guys, I need some help. I put my Avanti together last night and everything works except my landing gear will not deploy. I've tried two different receivers, checked the connections, verified that all other servos are responding. Any ideas of what I'm overlooking. I'm using a Spectrum DX9 with the Spektrum AR610 and AR6210. I have not removed the battery tray yet to look for other problems.

Any ideas?

Comment

• I jumped the gun. I found a bad connector running from the board to the receiver. A wire pulled away from the connector. Replaced it and it works fine.

Comment

• Sounds good cruiser. Let the fun begin!

Comment

ok guys here is something really funny....When you leave the nose for your Freewing Avanti at home and have a good friend give you his spare 90mm F-104 nose.... this happens...

Can't see it without an account. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post

Can't see it without an account. :(
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	sa.PNG
Views:	589
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	88622
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	s.PNG
Views:	814