X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    I opened the Micro Set bottle to pour it in the other bottle and was hit with a powerful odor. Oddly enough, it smells EXACTLY like distilled white vinegar. Hmm, I wonder...
    When I was researching setting solutions I found a lot of people mentioning this, there are some recipes to make your own with vinegar.

Comment

• I printed them on waterslide and applied them. It was a slow process but it made a huge difference. I'm working on the lettering for the bombs and missiles now. I hope they turn out as good as the others. Thanks for the lettering I was looking for it when you posted yours.

Comment

• Ready to rain "blue death" down from above! Painted the bombs to represent inert practice bombs and painted the Maverick to reflect a captive training round.

I wanted to add a little splash of color to this subdued scheme. I also plan on making the old ALQ-119 Pod to add to one of the outboard stations. That will also be painted white and should really help with orientation while flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
          Ready to rain "blue death" down from above! Painted the bombs to represent inert practice bombs and painted the Maverick to reflect a captive training round.

I wanted to add a little splash of color to this subdued scheme. I also plan on making the old ALQ-119 Pod to add to one of the outboard stations. That will also be painted white and should really help with orientation while flying.
          Looks great! Very well done. Adding color to the ordnance definitely helps.

Comment

• Well I figured vents should be vents so here they are. When the paint dries (a good colour match from Home Depot) I'll go in again with some fine paper and remove the fuzzies. I don't think the added airflow will make much difference but of course won't hurt either.
            Tom

Comment

• i also started making simple servo covers today, cut from some thin ABS plastic leftover from a ParkFlier Plastics sheet. Held on with double-sided Scotch tape, this first one seems secure but will come off without trouble if it needs to. Painted with that same matched sample from HD. I'll probably paint the servo arms and linkages too. :Cool:
              Tom

Comment

• I plan on doing a detailed cockpit and opening canopy this winter but just couldn't fly the season with the provided pilot figure so got the JHH guy done up and installed. I didn't want to pry up the canopy, only to glue it back down again so cut out the little guy from the bottom- the new figure also goes in from the bottom, the base just held with tape. I'm using RT 5000 batteries and there is just barely room, height wise, but it worked out (hence the recess for the base).

Comment

• I took out my F-18 pilot of a smaller scale and also put in my JHH 1/10 full body pilot today. Looks like we had the same thought on the same day :Cool:. Since my batteries are one on top of another in the rear compartment of the bay, I kept the pilot legs fully in tact. It looks hysterical with the canopy off because they hang down like he's on a ride at Six Flags. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	82781

Name:	IMG_1332.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	82782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1333.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	82784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	82783

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                    I took out my F-18 pilot of a smaller scale and also put in my JHH 1/10 full body pilot today. Looks like we had the same thought on the same day :Cool:. Since my batteries are one on top of another in the rear compartment of the bay, I kept the pilot legs fully in tact. It looks hysterical with the canopy off because they hang down like he's on a ride at Six Flags. LOL

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	82781

Name:	IMG_1332.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	82782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1333.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	82784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	82783
                    Flintstones...

Comment

• Hahahaha, he's totally Flinstoning it up. Who needs EDF's when you have legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                        Well I figured vents should be vents so here they are. When the paint dries (a good colour match from Home Depot) I'll go in again with some fine paper and remove the fuzzies. I don't think the added airflow will make much difference but of course won't hurt either.
                        Tom
                        Good idea Tom, every bit helps and I am sure they add up.

Comment

i also started making simple servo covers today, cut from some thin ABS plastic leftover from a ParkFlier Plastics sheet. Held on with double-sided Scotch tape, this first one seems secure but will come off without trouble if it needs to. Painted with that same matched sample from HD. I'll probably paint the servo arms and linkages too. :Cool:
                          Tom
                          Nice, looks very clean. :Cool:

Comment

• George, thanks for the nose gear mod. Very ingenius. You should throw some pictures of it up here.

Comment

• hi Steve,

are you using Qty 2 2inch speakers? Did you fit those before you joined the 2 fuse halves together? I am looking to move my Shockwave 2 sound card over.
                              Thanks

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                                hi Steve,

are you using Qty 2 2inch speakers? Did you fit those before you joined the 2 fuse halves together? I am looking to move my Shockwave 2 sound card over.
                                Thanks

Brent
                                Hey Brent, I used two of the TT-25 speakers in series to make 8 ohms. The Shockwave2 requires 8 ohms on 6S. I did take advantage of trial fitting the speakers before gluing the fuselage together but I don't think it is necessary. I cut a hatch in the bottom and framed it with strips of 1/8" plywood. Not having the back of the fuse glued on did help with knowing where to cut though.

Name:	20170514_001820.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	82825

Name:	20170514_002142.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	82826

Name:	20170514_150833.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	82827

Name:	20170514_150839.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	82828

Name:	20170514_150847.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	82829

Name:	20170514_163209.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	82830

Name:	20170514_170858.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	82831

Name:	1498365593863430039446.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	82832

Comment

• Your mods are so sick it's creepy. But in a good way. :)
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    Hahahaha, he's totally Flinstoning it up. Who needs EDF's when you have legs.
                                    Feets don't fail me now!:)
                                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      George, thanks for the nose gear mod. Very ingenius. You should throw some pictures of it up here.
                                      I've missed this mod- is it to reduce slop in the nose gear?
                                      Tom

Comment

I've missed this mod- is it to reduce slop in the nose gear?
                                        Tom
                                        Yes, but I will let George describe it. Didn't I see somewhere that you did a mod to reduce slop or was that someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yes, but I will let George describe it. Didn't I see somewhere that you did a mod to reduce slop or was that someone else?
                                          Yes, but it didn't work. The little brass shim bonded to the trunion came unbonded- JB Weld let me down.:Angry:
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X