X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    From the people on here and at my field I would take a hammer to that receiver.
    Yeah, agreed. I really should've learned my lesson the first time and done just that.

Comment

• Probably a dumb question, but where'd folks stick the receiver and blue box to achieve a >100mm CG? Is everything under the battery tray?

Well, I played with it last night and shoved everything under the tray. Only problem is access if I ever need to get to anything but gives me plenty of battery space to get to a rearward CG.
      Last edited by Mizer67; Sep 9, 2020, 09:01 AM. Reason: Answered my own question

Comment

• What grey is a good color match? Does anyone have the color code?

Comment

• Hey Gents and Gentlewomen, Buttoning up the tail hook stuff. Just gotta glue the OEM parts back together after the paint dries. Can you smell the fresh paint, Tamms did. I have a new Inrunner AB light set coming from the Goonster (Gooniac33) yet this week, since I replaced the OEM setup. Next is install of all the 3DPUP NG parts. Should be, repeat should be uneventful, as those dry-fit well, but ya never know. . More when there's more. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Check your elevator servos guys.

There are still issues during install of these at the factory on the new version. I didn't check mine, figured they were good now, but fortunately this little guy let me know he wasn't happy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	274247
            Attached Files

Comment

• Wanted to share my progress on a Base Gray F/A-18 I've been working on. Doing the base work for the VFC-12 "Fighting Omars" livery. It looks awesome in pictures! But it sure is a challenging and rewarding amount of work! What I have done so far took several days to get through... Paint, let it dry... Mask for hours, paint, let it dry... Remove mask... Remask... Paint, let it dry, remove mask... Rinse and repeat... Over and over! LoL...

I've decided to do the decals and graphics myself, just due to there being so many variations of gray...

Enjoy! Will update progress as I move along!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.PNG
Views:	559
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	274429

Name:	IMG_1067.PNG
Views:	544
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	274430

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	274431

Name:	IMG_1082.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	274432

Name:	IMG_1083.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	274433

Comment

• dam718, Excellent work. Really like your Aggressors' livery. Paint is looking great. Patience is its' own reward. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Really cool man!

Comment

• Copy. And could someone get my Crew Chief to check the hydraulic pressure. Over. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow, this livery is SHARP! Would love to see someone attempt it. With Callie's help should be a winner!

Name:	98bc516e1d3ce427f661d26e4312776a.png
Views:	776
Size:	909.1 KB
ID:	274954
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Wow, this livery is SHARP! Would love to see someone attempt it. With Callie's help should be a winner!

Name:	98bc516e1d3ce427f661d26e4312776a.png
Views:	776
Size:	909.1 KB
ID:	274954
                        Send me another F/A-18 and I will do it 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          Wow, this livery is SHARP! Would love to see someone attempt it. With Callie's help should be a winner!

Click image for larger version  Name:	98bc516e1d3ce427f661d26e4312776a.png Views:	25 Size:	909.1 KB ID:	274954
                          I'm in!! I was originally going to do the 2017 red demo livery but then though about waiting to see what would be upcoming - 2019 had only the vertical stabs painted up and 2020 has none. My base gray has been in the box since I received after the first order. Will make a nice winter project! (Just submitted my order to Callie.)

Comment

• SWEET uscanuck1xa !! Way to step up! Can't wait to see her!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Getting this B1RD ready. Elevator servos checked perfect and function properly. Needed to reverse the elevator and aileron servos. Rates are set with high rates set at 80% with expo 30% respectively and reducing respectively. I set the flap to elevator trim using flight mode.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Bravo RC Air Marshal, very good job ! Take a minute to do it ah? I love mine and definitely she’s turning heads at the field.
                                you did a great clean beautiful paint job . Again and again BRAVO .

Attached Files

Comment

• I took quite a few pictures during the process of painting out the VFC-12 Hornet. I've attached some here for folks to take a look at and get an idea of the process involved and how I went about doing the splinter camo.

Comment

• And here is another batch of photos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                                      Bravo RC Air Marshal, very good job ! Take a minute to do it ah? I love mine and definitely she’s turning heads at the field.
                                      you did a great clean beautiful paint job . Again and again BRAVO .
                                      Thanks! Yours looks great as well! I guess there are more of the VFC-12 painted hornets than I thought! Certainly not the most popular out there, but I think it's absolutely one of the best looking schemes there is for the F-18!

Comment

• And finally, for those who may have missed it, James was kind enough to invite me and my newly painted VFC-12 Hornet on the Motion RC Live show this past Friday (9/18/2020) where we unveiled the new custom paint job and talked about how it was done. If you haven't seen it already, and you love Hornets like I do, it's worth the watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
                                          I'm not sure about VFC-12's livery match, but I'm going to do a VFA-192 livery and their colors.

Testors 1741 (FS36375) and Testors 1748 (FS36320) are supposed to be the matches for VFA-192 colors based on the research I did. My paints are still on the way, have not had a chance to test them yet, but will likely spray over the base coat as I agree it's a bit on the light side.

I'm a little concerned about the weight it will add though. My model's already higher than spec. weight; weight is the enemy.
                                          I ended up using Model Masters Acrylic 4761 Dark Ghost Gray (FS36320) as my base coat... 6 jars of it... LoL! In hind sight I probably should have used my siphon feed brush for the whole job, but I did use the siphon feed brush for my base coat. Made things a lot easier rather than having to keep loading up more paint every minute or two...

Comment

Working...
                                          X