Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB lights are the Multiburner from RCGeek. Uses 2S lipo. I run a 2S 350 for mine, get 3 or 4 flights before needing a recharge.

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
      I found the problem meanwhile: since I used all my receiver channels already I had to use the second elevator port on my HobbyEagle gyro (internal Y & reverse option) but after trimming the plane it will remember the trims on 1 elevator port only creating a difference in the next flight. I will need to put the trims back to neutral after the trim flight and use the internal trims option of the gyro.
      Gotcha. Maybe better to trim the stabs mechanically too?
      (Changing linkage length, that is)

Comment

• My cg is about 10mm aft. Rc geek center burners. Only the best.

Comment

• ReMaiden of this bad boy! With the upgraded factory servos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
            My cg is about 10mm aft. Rc geek center burners. Only the best.
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
              ReMaiden of this bad boy! With the upgraded factory servos!

Nice flight and excellent landing. I know there's a bunch of you out there that take off and land next to light poles, but you definitely have my admiration for doing it. I have a hard enough time flying around the open Everglades and hitting a super wide and long grass strip!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I hear you Hugh I wouldn't have the balls to fly around any light poles either.

Comment

• Wanted to put a shout out to SMCARY on thingieverse for the 3d design for the Mig-29 upgraded nozzles. They look way better than the foam ones. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4659231

Comment

• Wish I could get some !!

Comment

• Still no news about the thrust vector units... MRC Europe just answered me that they have no ETA or other information. Sigh.

Comment

• After James said I sounded upset asking through the threads and to PM him direct I did both last week asking if there was any new info. One person on here said they heard they were postponed to after the new year.

I wanted to know since my tacked on rear section came loose and want to figure out what to do. I tacked it back on. I’m ready to glue it back permanently if it comes loose again.

Never heard from James.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                          Wanted to put a shout out to SMCARY on thingieverse for the 3d design for the Mig-29 upgraded nozzles. They look way better than the foam ones. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4659231
                          Can you print me up a set and I'll pay ya!!

Comment

• Alternative vectoring nozzles?

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            One person on here said they heard they were postponed to after the new year.
                            Thanks for the info, Evan! And darn... I am wondering if we could improvise something. The problem with e.g. the existing Freewing nozzles such as for the Su-35 is that they really are too small. A 60mm outlet for an 80mm fan does not seem appropriate - Wemo recommends 65mm, and the real area difference is more than the 5mm insinuate, namely roughly 15%.

The nozzles from the Flexjet are 80mm, afaik, which is too big, and out of stock at the shops I looked at in Europe. The nozzles from turbine jets are made from metal and thus heavier, as they have to withstand the turbine's exhaust heat.

Anyone have an idea for an alternative nozzle?

Thanks!

Comment

• Another one bits the dust!!!!!
                              After +- 20 flights. First flight today, after take off I turned and came back down the runway in a shallow dive and it would not pull up. Not much else to say.
                              Duke

Comment

• Sorry to hear that that always sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
                                  Another one bits the dust!!!!!
                                  After +- 20 flights. First flight today, after take off I turned and came back down the runway in a shallow dive and it would not pull up. Not much else to say.
                                  Duke
                                  That sucks.

Can you tell us about the plane? Servos? CG position? etc, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
                                    Another one bits the dust!!!!!
                                    Duke
                                    Did you forget to put the flaps up?

Comment

• Sorry to hear mate. This is kinda why it's a little frustrating when people say stuff like "5 great flights on the mig today, no issues, don't know what you guys are worried about".

Comment

• Sorry Duke....Please detail any mods you have made and radio installation details. That sucks big time!

-GG

Comment

• If you have crashed a MiG please complete this poll.

If you have crashed a FW Big Mig - RC Groups

Comment

Working...
                                          X