X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Maybe contact Motion tomorrow to see what happened? Also, have you checked your account to see if it shows as “Fulfilled”? If it does, then there’ll be a FedEx shipping number available. I never received a shipping notice from Motion either, but it’s there.
    Trust me I checked the account several times today lol. The anticipation is killing me. It still say unfulfilled and no tracking. It’s all good though. It will ship when it ships lol

Comment

• OK you guys that have flown this bird what flight time should we look for on maiden check flight with 5500 mah battery --oh batteries?

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
        OK you guys that have flown this bird what flight time should we look for on maiden check flight with 5500 mah battery --oh batteries?
        Plan to be on deck at 3 min useful throttle on a maiden. That way an unplanned go-around won’t leave you hanging at the edge of the power reserve if you’re heavy on the throttle for the maiden.

Flys great, and very honest. Good luck! 👍🏼

Comment

OK you guys that have flown this bird what flight time should we look for on maiden check flight with 5500 mah battery --oh batteries?
          Hi duke I would recommend watching through the several videos we have published so far showing this bird flying. Flight conditions, throttle usage, battery health and other factors will influence your experience compared to ours, but as always with a large EDF we recommend a conservative 3 minute timer for your initial flights.

At the 3:00 mark in this video, the total flight time ends up being 4 minutes (3 minutes of which is throttle use above 10%), landing at 3.79V per cell, on two Admiral 6s 4000mAh PRO batteries, so your 5000s should fly longer, assuming you're not trying to hover or break a speed record on your first flight (which you shouldn't be).

But as always, it is smarter to land too early and add time in 10-15 second groups on subsequent flights, rather than to land too late...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
            The tension in here is high as your MiGs get closer and closer. I know many of you know what you're doing but I wanted to point out a couple things I went over on my build. I estimate I spent about 45min building the jet and about 6hrs setting it up. I pulled the engines to check the fans, pulled the ESC's to solder bullets, and setup my radio system on the bench first before installing it in the plane. Make sure to set the elevator servo horn positions to the middle hole and set the manual recommended 1mm of nose UP neutral trim. Book rates seemed solid with 30% expo on elevator/aileron.
            Hi RCGuy83,

Can you please tell me if the retracts can be operated from the receiver, or they need the blue box?

Thank you,
            Cristian

Comment

• Given the sequenced doors if you run the mains direct from the Rx they'll need another channel so you can add the appropriate delay.

That said, even the most strident critics of junction boxes usually leave them in charge of gear sequencing and light control.

Comment

• I will use a 12 ch receiver, so every control surface is on it's channel, and also dual motor control, so no issue here.

Comment

• Heck you could run the gear doors on their own channel and have whatever sequence you like lol.

Comment

• She's out for deliverywaiting patiently

Comment

• Originally posted by 1horse59 View Post
                      She's out for deliverywaiting patiently
                      Let us know when it arrives...anxious for you!

Comment

• You need 11ch for everything I'm doing. Having everything on separate channels makes set up much easier and so that I can have tailerons, full span ailerons and flaps, crow and rudder air brakes.

Thr
                        R Ail
                        R Ele
                        R Rud
                        L Flap
                        L Ail
                        R Flap
                        L Rud
                        L Ele
                        Gear
                        Steering

Adding the second motor and separately doing the gear doors makes it 13. I'm doing the 11ch route to have every surface on it's own. If I end up doing TVs (still zip on date or price) I'll Y the rudders and steering to get the 3ch's the TVs need. That takes away my rudder air brakes.

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                        Heck you could run the gear doors on their own channel and have whatever sequence you like lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Let us know when it arrives...anxious for you!
                          Will do

Comment

• What about the lights? I think I read that it's the retracts that supply power to the blue box and then to the lights.

Comment

• Any channel can power the lights. I use the retracts since it's a convenient 3 way plus if there are doors or a landing light they may need to be sequenced. Plus it's not a critical control surface.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                What about the lights? I think I read that it's the retracts that supply power to the blue box and then to the lights.
                                I don't think retracts can supply power.

Comment

With 5,000mah packs I set my timer at 4min. I was landing right on the timer and my packs came off at about 3.75V per cell. I won't be setting my timer any higher.

Comment

• Correct. It's the LiPo battery that powers the BEC that powers the receiver that supplies it to the retracts port of the MCBe via the male to male.

I think we all understand that???

Originally posted by CristianMarin View Post

I don't think retracts can supply power.

Comment

• Going live in :10 min!

Friday’s normal time slot has been moved to 12pm EST TODAY to reflect our respect for Sept 11th tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Correct. It's the LiPo battery that powers the BEC that powers the receiver that supplies it to the retracts port of the MCBe via the male to male.

I think we all understand that???

I just wanted to be nice to him.

Comment

• Got it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X