X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
    Thanks. Looking to maiden next week when we expect some better weather.
    Although the flaps look cool, like the FLRC 1600 Spitfire they aren't necessary. I think the 1600 Corsair actually lands better, as well takes off better without using the flaps. This plane handles light and has great low speed control and characteristics in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I haven't fine tuned yet but yes, an elevator mix with full flaps is good. If I fly this weekend I'll let you know how much unless Aros already has his dialed in.
      I need to double-check but I believe I have no elevator mix in with my flaps...If I recall it wasn't needed nor is it called out as necessary in the manual. Strange but true!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• A Corsair without flaps on approach is like a day without sunshine!!;)

Comment

• F4-U got in her first flights here in SW Arizona....looks and flys good, I used both extra weights for the balance I was looking for...solid flyer and easy to take-off and land, I am using 6s 5000-size lipos= 5-minute flights and I was landing with 3.88 per cell.

Comment

• Awesome looking bird!!! Congrats on the maiden!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post
              F4-U got in her first flights here in SW Arizona....looks and flys good, I used both extra weights for the balance I was looking for...solid flyer and easy to take-off and land, I am using 6s 5000-size lipos= 5-minute flights and I was landing with 3.88 per cell.
              Love the weathering. Awesome scale look. Great job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                A Corsair without flaps on approach is like a day without sunshine!!;)
                Amen! Like a dog without a bone, peanut butter without jelly, a bomber without nose art... LOL

Nice job on the weathering and maiden fastphil!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I use flaps on my Top Flite 60 Corsair, which is probably twice the weight as the FL model. Not that I have to but it sure makes it more stable and looks too cool not to.

Tom

Comment

• I had a ziroli f4u w g-62 for power. on final, full flaps, 1/4 power, and i'm just another bystander cause it knows what to do.no E trim required, hope this one is the same.

Joe
                    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Howdy everyone! Just joined the forum here as I recently received my Birdcage and wanted to learn as much as I can from you folks here. I LOVE the Corsair and have a bunch of 'em! I saw alot of posts about the gunsite and I just happened to have a Mk8 mod8 gunsite on display with my Hobby Master 1/48 Corsairs. Here are a couple of pics:

Comment

• Originally posted by 727 Dude View Post
                        Howdy everyone! Just joined the forum here as I recently received my Birdcage and wanted to learn as much as I can from you folks here. I LOVE the Corsair and have a bunch of 'em! I saw alot of posts about the gunsite and I just happened to have a Mk8 mod8 gunsite on display with my Hobby Master 1/48 Corsairs. Here are a couple of pics:
                        727, Most excellent and Welcome to 'Hobby Squawk"! Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB! Glad to be here! :)

Comment

Howdy everyone! Just joined the forum here as I recently received my Birdcage and wanted to learn as much as I can from you folks here. I LOVE the Corsair and have a bunch of 'em! I saw alot of posts about the gunsite and I just happened to have a Mk8 mod8 gunsite on display with my Hobby Master 1/48 Corsairs. Here are a couple of pics:
                            Very cool! Welcome!

Comment

That is a very cool thing to be sitting in your house. Love it!
                              From looking at it, the Mk8 is a match to the gunsight that is attached to the 3D-printed instrument panel - and its easy to see where you could attach a piece of clear plastic to the angled part on the model, to replicate the display screen.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Wow now that's what I call a "Gunsite" Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Squawk. You'll find a lot of real valuable information and resources here not to mention great guys and comradery. Welcome again - Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
                                  Anyone know of a place to buy the FMS 4 blade hub? Blades are available but no spinner/hubs. Motion tells me the 1700 Corsair is discontinued.
                                  Tower Hobbies has both parts in stock, prop blades and the spinner.

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Comment

• Very cool indeed!!! I need one in my truck.... Oh, nevermind!!! Welcome Bro!!

Comment

• Trim off the side panels at the red lines and it fits just fine in the birdcage!

Comment

• Here is some panel work to go below the color coat for weathering....

Comment

Welcome 727! What a great piece of warbird history, very cool!:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X