X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James View Post
    WrightBrosRC - Looks gorgeous, any in flight pics or videos coming? I feel I mostly see this one on the ground
    Thx, the maiden flight is posted on my YouTube channel.
    There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

Thx, the maiden flight is posted on my YouTube channel.
      Thanks for sharing the link to your YouTube page, very nice maiden flight.

DaleD

Comment

• Originally posted by DaleD View Post

Thanks for sharing the link to your YouTube page, very nice maiden flight.

DaleD
        No worries, many thx!

Comment

• WrightBrosRC Fun video. The period music was a nice touch.

James Thanks for chiming in with a restock update.

Comment

• After a few more flights I managed to get her dialed in. I mowed the runway and added a couple psi to the wheels. Low rate on elevator, mid rate on ailerons, and high rate on rudder (watch the tiny rudder working hard in the landing slow motion). It much prefers to land on the mains then setting the tail down, compared to flaring for the three pointer.

Comment

• WrightBrosRC Well done. It looks much smoother. Your new wheels are much quieter than the stock ones. The metal bearings in the stock wheels are very noisy. What size wheels did you use?

Comment

• Twowingtj Thx, I used Dubro 5" treaded inflatables.

Comment

• Alright, back at it! Wings are all done, epoxied, servos installed, push rods installed, etc. Next up was installing the landing gear. Regarding the thin plate that goes on the back side of the fairing- I understand it doesn't need to be glued in place, because it will be held in place by the shoulder at the top and the wheel pants at the bottom. Still, I'm having a heck of a time getting one of them to fit. Anyone else have to trim their's? Looks like I'll need to trim out some of the fairing itself at the top and bottom to get it to fit height-wise. Might still need to trim back some of the piece itself to fit side to side. No big deal, but was wondering if others had the issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairing.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	312036

Next question- the parts list show the push rod for the rudder to be 109 mm, and the push rod for the elevators to be 103 mm. But if the servos are mounted under the canopy, they need to be the long push rods that came in the box. Is the manual mistaken or am I?

Thanks!

Comment

• RCBobP The manual stated pushrod length unit of measurement is wrong. They should be centimeters(cm), not millimeters(mm).

My thin strut covers were a tight fit, but were okay. I did tack them in place with a thin bead of Foam-Tac for the length of the cover. The reasoning was to prevent them from becoming loose or fluttering. Using a thin bead will allow for easy removal in the future if need be.

Comment

• Thanks for the note about push rods. I was getting paranoid that I had misplaced them, and then was just getting confused because the elevator and rudder servos were mounted under the canopy, so how could they be that short. That's a major boo-boo that you'd think the manual would have been updated for.

Comment

• Originally posted by djmoose View Post
                        I'll show you how to attach the landing gear and tail wheel in this episode.
                        Did you use the stock wheels or did you go with inflatables? I'll be flying mostly off of grass, and wondered what the downside is of using the stock wheels. Inflatable and other larger wheels have a 1/4" opening for axle. The axles in this kit are 6mm, just under 1/4". Is that a tolerable difference? I'd prefer not reaming out the landing gears to fit a 1/4" axle.

Comment

• Gilmore is back in stock at Motion !!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                            Gilmore is back in stock at Motion !!
                            OoooooH YeeeaaaH😀

DaleD

Comment

• I don't know how many they ordered, but there's only 9 left in stock. Get'em while their hot!

Comment

• Curious to see if they made any changes based on comments in this thread, e.g., wheels.

Comment

• Has anyone installed a DLE55 yet? Was curious about a DLE61 just because I have a new one in the box

Comment

• Originally posted by chines123 View Post
                                    Has anyone installed a DLE55 yet? Was curious about a DLE61 just because I have a new one in the box
                                    The DLE61 should pull the Gilmore around with no problems. It wont be a speed demon, but it wont be slow either. Run a bigger prop once it's broke in like a 23x10 and it will be a nice setup I would think.

There is a video linked further back in this thread with one running on a saito FG-61.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

The DLE61 should pull the Gilmore around with no problems. It wont be a speed demon, but it wont be slow either. Run a bigger prop once it's broke in like a 23x10 and it will be a nice setup I would think.

There is a video linked further back in this thread with one running on a saito FG-61.
                                      I agree. I think this aircraft would be a dog with the 55 which makes about 5.5HP at WOT. The 61 makes about 6.5HP at WOT. I fly mine with the Rimfire 65cc which makes about 7.5HP at WOT and I can't imaging flying it with less power. If I were going gas on this one I would try fitting a 70cc twin in there.

Comment

• chines123 Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I concur with 406Pilot and WrightBrosRC. The Gilmore likes to have lots of power on tap. A slow or sluggish air racer just seems a little unnatural lol.

It does have a lot of drag inducing surface area, so having sufficient power available to recover, if you find yourself in a bad situation, is a good idea.

Comment

• Have any of you gents tested the stall character of this aircraft?

Comment

Working...
                                          X