Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Grossman56 , by the way ....Finally, we got the option of buying a "Princess"...how did you say.. but in this difficult (expensive) way :(
    The price in nearby Austria (Europe) is about 600 Dlrs !!! (at the current exchange rate Dlrs-Euro). Someone once said that: "Beware of what you want because it can be realized"
    Greeting from Croatia.

https://www.lindinger.at/en/airplane...l-landing-gear

Note:It is more expensive for abt 250 Dlrs, see:https://www.motionrc.com/collections...f-tigercat-pnp

But most of us buy by heart.... not by mind.

Comment

• Very true Mes. We buy from the heart and pay from the wallet !!LOL

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• anyone had a hard landing cause the worm drive in the main gears to bend leaving you with a not so good working retract. i lost lift on landing and with the up hill grass runway it took a hard drop on the gear. broke one prop blade when the right main folded up

found both retracts suffered the worm gear being bent. nothing pulled out or any other damage just have to replace both retracts now. hope this isnt a weak point as the gear doesnt have a dip in the travel end point of the retract to sit in to take those forces. just a straight slot and the worm gear will have to handle the load. they are much smaller retracts than my 1700mm ones sad to see it looks like a 1400mm size gear they used.

Comment

• Has anyone else destroyed a beautiful F-7 yet, or am I the first one???:Silly:
          Not the planes fault, all mine...Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!
          First flight on plane, and first flight of the season...
          I was the only one at the field, beautiful day, and got in a hurry...
          The grass was a little tall and I was worried about the F-7 not handling the grass. I started taxing the plane wanting to see how it would do thinking I would not be able to take off, ( without double checking the flight controls ) and it was taking the grass great, no problem...
          So I pulled back on the stick and it rotated beautifully, went to turn crosswind to the left and plane rolled right, I give it more left now plane is inverted... Thinking I surly don't have my ailerons reversed and went to the right this time and plane snapped and was not high enough to recover, and unfortunately this was the result...:Crying:
          Never ever get in a hurry, especially on a new plane!!! It usually ends in an expensive mistake...
          When I was setting up the radio, I had the plane upside down on the stand, and is probably why I had them reversed, thinking right was left, and left was right...Wrong...
          Anyway, a preflight check of the controls would have prevented this. Also, had someone else been at the field that day, the mishap would also have been prevented as we normally double check each others plane on a maiden flight...
          Lesson learned...
          F-7 #2 is ready for maiden, and now I have spare parts. Amazingly, all of the landing gear survived, not even bent...
          Now if it would only quit raining...

Comment

• I feel for you Tom, but lesson learned, right ??
            I had a close one today as well, was taxiing the Bearcat out to take off, when the left aileron. well, it fell off !
            I always test my control surfaces flaps and gear before I taxi out, but somehow it survived the little wiggle. Fortunate for me so I just dodged that bullet. Out with the Foam-Tac as she's good. Lesson, check the surfaces for security.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys,

Thought i'd post on here directly for you guys. Hope you dont mind.

I have an extra Upgrade Gear set available for sale. Asking $40 Shipped. Send a PM if your interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                Has anyone else destroyed a beautiful F-7 yet, or am I the first one???:Silly:
                Not the planes fault, all mine...Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!
                First flight on plane, and first flight of the season...
                I was the only one at the field, beautiful day, and got in a hurry...
                The grass was a little tall and I was worried about the F-7 not handling the grass. I started taxing the plane wanting to see how it would do thinking I would not be able to take off, ( without double checking the flight controls ) and it was taking the grass great, no problem...
                So I pulled back on the stick and it rotated beautifully, went to turn crosswind to the left and plane rolled right, I give it more left now plane is inverted... Thinking I surly don't have my ailerons reversed and went to the right this time and plane snapped and was not high enough to recover, and unfortunately this was the result...:Crying:
                Never ever get in a hurry, especially on a new plane!!! It usually ends in an expensive mistake...
                When I was setting up the radio, I had the plane upside down on the stand, and is probably why I had them reversed, thinking right was left, and left was right...Wrong...
                Anyway, a preflight check of the controls would have prevented this. Also, had someone else been at the field that day, the mishap would also have been prevented as we normally double check each others plane on a maiden flight...
                Lesson learned...
                F-7 #2 is ready for maiden, and now I have spare parts. Amazingly, all of the landing gear survived, not even bent...
                Now if it would only quit raining...
                Yep, looks about like one of mine did. I had taken the wheels off to paint them and reused the E clips. Should have used new clips. Anyway, on takeoff right before lift off the right main wheel came off, right prop struck the ground and it quickly rolled right into the ground inverted before I could get the power off. Happened really fast.
                Like yours, both nacelles were untouched and everything in them including gear are good and horizontal tail is good. If the wing roots hadn't tore the spar tubes they would have been good.

Comment

• Yes it happens really quick...
                  We learn, and we go forward...
                  A few dollars less in the RC account, but we move on...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Yep, looks about like one of mine did. I had taken the wheels off to paint them and reused the E clips. Should have used new clips. Anyway, on takeoff right before lift off the right main wheel came off, right prop struck the ground and it quickly rolled right into the ground inverted before I could get the power off. Happened really fast.
                    Like yours, both nacelles were untouched and everything in them including gear are good and horizontal tail is good. If the wing roots hadn't tore the spar tubes they would have been good.
                    Whether you put new ones on or reuse the old ones, put a dab of Foam-Tac on them and they won't come off guys. Good flying!

Roy B.

Comment

• What an awful story Tom Patten. I am very sorry.

Yesterday I had three great flights - I am using Admiral 3600 40C packs. Timer was set for 6 minutes and I used an additional 45 seconds to do the landing and taxi back in. The cells came in at 3.85 volts per cell, which is just about perfect.
                      I'm very happy getting 6-minute flights plus the landing.
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the Cat Tom. This is a preflight check I never forget to do. Seen too many planes lost to reversed controls. And I don't just wiggle the sticks like some people do, I actually go through all of the flight controls slowly and carefully to ensure proper control direction and deflection.

Two more great flights on my Cat yesterday. Even got it to do a tail slide once.
                        Pat

Comment

• Unfortunately the forum software errors when I try to search for "receiver" in this section for threads I subscribe too so please pardon the question if it has been asked and answered already.

I finally got around to getting my Tigercat assembled and ready to fly. I'm having trouble finding a spot for the receiver, I'd like to know what you guys are doing for placement (pictures would be great). I've got a couple of different ones I can use, the two pictures show my AR610. I've got an AR636 and a couple of Lemon receivers.

The problem is the antenna placement, if you look at the two pictures you'll see what I mean,.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                            Unfortunately the forum software errors when I try to search for "receiver" in this section for threads I subscribe too so please pardon the question if it has been asked and answered already.

I finally got around to getting my Tigercat assembled and ready to fly. I'm having trouble finding a spot for the receiver, I'd like to know what you guys are doing for placement (pictures would be great). I've got a couple of different ones I can use, the two pictures show my AR610. I've got an AR636 and a couple of Lemon receivers.

The problem is the antenna placement, if you look at the two pictures you'll see what I mean,.
                            Hey DK,

I ran into the same issue with my first Tigercat and the AR610 I had at the time. Here are some pics of what I did. I glued a little plywood plate and ran the wire along the fuselage side aft. The little antenna sticks up into the aft area of the canopy cover.
                            On my 2nd Tigercat I used a Lemon that plugged in inline and mounted that one in the aft fuselage with the satellite running forward attached to the side of the fuselage between the batteries.

Comment

• Thanks Beeg, that's exactly what I was looking for. I see you ran the power cables under the circuit board, I did not, mine are over the top. Don't know why I didn't think to run them under it. I'll be moving mine which is going to help with the space issue.

Comment

• She's definitely a tight one. I put a 10 channel Lemon in mine with the extension aerial, forgot about the gyro just because there really isn't much room. Turns out the plane really doesn't need one anyway.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                  Unfortunately the forum software errors when I try to search for "receiver" in this section for threads I subscribe too so please pardon the question if it has been asked and answered already.

I put my rx in the space right under the latch. Its out of the way

Comment

• Mines at the rear of the hatch, just past the control harness box.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I just purchased this beautiful bird, and I am having trouble getting the decals to stick to the foam; does anyone have any tips? Thanks

Oldschoolflyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                        Maiden flight was flawless. Had down dialed into the flaps and she landed like a feather. Has MrRC sound card and it is impressive on startup, not so loud in the air though. Love this ship, working on the P-38 now.
                                        How did you get the decals to stick so well?

Comment

• Originally posted by oldschoolflyer View Post

How did you get the decals to stick so well?
                                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Did you peel off the clear covering over the decals?
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X