Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Dynam 1500mm B-26 Marauder Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    No I didn't release the 4 bombs on both flights using one battery. The nose wheel got hung on the plastic cover and I kind of got distracted looking at the plane as it flew around to see if the retract was indeed back in the down position or did I burn the motor on it. If flew around with the gear hung for a few circuits before I noticed it wasn't up. 7 minutes felt like nothing. I was playing with the flaps a bunch too. I don't think the bombs effect CG as they are basically on CG and as long as the plane is slightly nose heavy like mine was to begin with it should be fine. I used 60mm as my CG. @NoDirt. without making custom fiberglass doors there is no hope of fitting 4 bombs inside using the stock foam as doors. The most that would fit using the foam would be 2, but it would be easier to make. I highly recommend that everyone move their servos back one bay as I did. Access is super easy and it just makes sense for CG purposes. It was also really easy.

@ Alpha The foam village usually is good for no wind, but you didn't get to see the Hokaze Destroyer.
    Adam, I will be building my second B-26 today and plan to move the servos back as you recommend.

Bob

Comment

• I finally got up the nerve this weekend to break out the Xacto knife and start cutting the bomb bay (and I was sooo close to flying this thing!)
      I'm going the single bay/two bomb route. I raised (lowered?) the tail servos to make some room and cut out some foam. I have a couple servos but no hinges so, not knowing which ones would work best I ordered these two gear door styles to try. If they work I'll let ya'll know.
      And thanks to you "early modders" for the tips and photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
        not knowing which ones would work best I ordered these two gear door styles to try.
        Hello ND..........I was looking at those exact two different hinges on HK for my big Invader and Tigercat projects but of course couldn't find any dimensions.
        Would you possibly snap a pic or two of them with a mm scaled rule next to them in L & W and PM them to me.
        Thanx,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• PM on the way

Comment

• You may want to look at Sonic-Tronics, they have a bunch of hinges that look like this. I put a link to this page below.
            One of these is spring-loaded which could be really handy. I'm going to order some...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	128261
            Sonic-Tronics/McDaniel Manufacturer of Model Hobby products since 1970
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• changed my TX/RX and cannot find my instructions can some one help with deflection most important to me is flapsi think low is 10 deg

Comment

• Go to Motion RC and on the B-26 page, go to the support tab and the manual is there to download.

Comment

• I went to that page BEFORE i posted .. it does not show any settings for flaps. so that is the one i really need from some one that has experiance.

Comment

• Thanks for the link themudduck. Just what I need for gear doors.
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by capecoral View Post
                      I went to that page BEFORE i posted .. it does not show any settings for flaps. so that is the one i really need from some one that has experiance.
                      I am sorry! I forgot that the Dynam instructions are not really helpful... I have my TO Flaps at about 15 degrees...:Cool:

Comment

• Time for a Marauder update

Here's mine finally. Almost ready. Just need props and final adjustments.

Not much info available but I like the livery.
                        No name. She flew with the 322nd bomber group, 450th bomb squadron. Flew at Normandy. One page said downed by AAA.

Comment

• I have the same livery as well.

Comment

• I finally got the chance to maiden mine this morning , No Issues at all . Used a 3600 set at the top of the battery ramp, because any higher and it will hit the canopy, thru a 1/2 of weight in the front and away she went . Added some up trim and flew great . Not sure why I read through post and people were adding shim to the tail because it doesn't need it . If you need up just adjust your trim . All those other things do nothing but confuse someone who may consider this plane and think they may get a dud .

Too much over thinking , put a battery in and fly !!!!!!!

Bryan
                            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Maybe they finally corrected the issue at the factory

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                I have the same livery as well.
                                Cool! Too bad we're not close enough to fly formation!

And Hippie, glad to hear it went well. That's reassuring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                                  I finally got the chance to maiden mine this morning , No Issues at all . Used a 3600 set at the top of the battery ramp, because any higher and it will hit the canopy, thru a 1/2 of weight in the front and away she went . Added some up trim and flew great . Not sure why I read through post and people were adding shim to the tail because it doesn't need it . If you need up just adjust your trim . All those other things do nothing but confuse someone who may consider this plane and think they may get a dud .

Too much over thinking , put a battery in and fly !!!!!!!

Bryan
                                  Glad to hear you finally got a chance to fly it Bryan, I went to a fly in yesterday and got a little stick time in myself. Had a good time with some good folks. I did buy a used ST Model Acrobat for some 3d action. I got it at good price. It was a little windy but still got some time in and had a good time. Glad to hear the maiden went good.
                                  Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Maybe they finally corrected the issue at the factory
                                    I heavily doubt that. I put 3mm in mine and don't think it is enough. 4mm would have been better.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Luck of the draw thing then.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Luck of the draw thing then.
                                        I don't think so I have had this one since before December just sitting around . I didn't even do the CG on it til five minutes before walking out the door .

Just a basic maiden nothing special . But I will say I feel like too much hype was put into the trying to shim the tail and do other things to take the need to trim out. I have many planes that have a natural flight that needs trim all the time . As long as the CG is done RIGHT it will fly fine. I have a CG Machine by Great Planes and never used it only looked at Mike & Ryan's video and used what he did ...... Work perfect .

Thanks Pauly and Nodirt

Bryan
                                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post

Cool! Too bad we're not close enough to fly formation!

And Hippie, glad to hear it went well. That's reassuring.
                                          Just set the CG and fly !!! I can feel it may want to keep up some speed and not go too slow in the turns or on landing . It floated in like it was on a cloud and yes the flaps were down full . Take off was half flap because I was on grass . Watch the video that Mike & Ryan did , set your CG there , add a little weight in the nose if needed and go . You'll fine . Enjoy

Bryan
                                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                                          X