Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one more thing about the F22 .I have noticed on some of the YouTube videos and on this forum ,some people are having problems with the blue box and are bypassing it and plugging there leads straight into the receive .Is there a problem with the blue box, or have Freewing iron out these problems they seem to be having with the blue box ?

Comment

• There is a small percentage of people having actual problems. There are a larger percentage of people that bypass most functions to be on the safe side. Risk analysis...

Comment

• Figure I would share a cool video of my F-22. Hands down gotta say this is the best EDF Freewing has made. This is the 6s Version.
        Last edited by garlandk; Dec 6, 2019, 03:39 PM. Reason: video embed

Comment

• Originally posted by garlandk View Post
          Hands down gotta say this is the best EDF Freewing has made.
          It's definitely one of the best that's for sure...I absolutely love mine but I gotta go with the 80mm A-10 as the best Freewing jet to date for my money.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Unfortunately my F22 crashed shortly after takeoff. It was the third flight and everything seemed fine. The plane rotated and I had no control. First thought was a faulty transmitter/receiver. The plane continued to climb out and ended up hitting a mountain near the field. When we found the plane, the fuselage was damaged beyond repair. The battery had also suffered substantial damage. I will say besides the body the rest of the plane did really well considering the near vertical impact. Anyway I tried to figure out what caused the crash and discovered that the ubec capacitor had opened up. The ubec board was almost on fire, it was that hot. Parts of it started to melt. Not sure if that's what happened or not. Wondering if other people here have had the same issue. I'll buy another raptor just not right now.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Philatc, sorry your first post had to be about an unfortunate incident. Give our CS a call tomorrow and/or fill out a ticket and provide them as much information (photos and video too if possible) as you can. We have the best support staff in the business. If it is discovered to be a manufacturer defect/warranty issue, you WILL be taken care of. Good luck.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                Welcome to Hobby Squawk Philatc, sorry your first post had to be about an unfortunate incident. Give our CS a call tomorrow and/or fill out a ticket and provide them as much information (photos and video too if possible) as you can. We have the best support staff in the business. If it is discovered to be a manufacturer defect/warranty issue, you WILL be taken care of. Good luck.
                Thank you Aros I'll give them a call.

Comment

• Pictures will work, would not hurt if you can post them here how bad the board and cap got burned.

Comment

• Hey I just purchased a 90mm f22 from Freewing and the assembly went fine other than one of my elevator tails has much more slack than the other side in and out? Anybody come across this problem?

Comment

• Turbo5efhe Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Would you please describe "slack" "in and out"? Is the looseness emanating from the servo, or the servo linkage, or the stabilizer rod itself? I'm trying to picture where the problem is exactly so we can give you better suggestions.

I'd also recommend calling the tech support team at 224-633-9090. They're open for about 90 more minutes before they close for the weekend. Ask for Derek, I recall he has an F-22.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbo5efhe View Post
                        Hey...
                        Hey back, T5, Welcome to the "Squawk". Glad you're aboard, Sir. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          Turbo5efhe Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Would you please describe "slack" "in and out"? Is the looseness emanating from the servo, or the servo linkage, or the stabilizer rod itself? I'm trying to picture where the problem is exactly so we can give you better suggestions.

I'd also recommend calling the tech support team at 224-633-9090. They're open for about 90 more minutes before they close for the weekend. Ask for Derek, I recall he has an F-22.
                          It seems like the rod itself can move about a little more than 1/8 inch in and out while the other side is nice and tight while still rotating freely in its normal range of motion

Comment

• You can loosen the two screws in the fuselage and slide the rod in further or you can add some washers between the stab and fuse, nylon ones would be great.

Comment

• Ok figured that out the two screws that hold the rod in place we’re both just not ran in and bottomed out funny I checked it twice and same result just cracked them more after actually looking at it sorry about wasting your time
                              guys. Ok just installed my
                              gyro and receiver got it all bound up and set up now just need a good throw setup for its maiden flight. What are you guys setting up for high and low and what are you flying them in?

spektrum dx8 and ar8010t reciever being used for mine.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the different colors specially grey paint used for this model?

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                                  i am fan oc this plane and recently i saw this plane from freewing. But the question is what i have to choose: 6s, 8s or Arf version?
                                  Your recomandation?
                                  Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! It all depends on your preference but for simplicity I would recommend the 6S as it is a fantastic model with plenty of power on 6S. Some prefer a bit added top speed so they choose the 8S route but personally it is plenty fast in my mind on the stock setup.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I went 8s, my flying buddy went 6s. Only real difference is more top end speed and a little better vertical on the 8s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suhast View Post
                                        Can anyone tell me the different colors specially grey paint used for this model?
                                        Here you go, welcome to the forum group. Great Jet!

Rich
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• And can you order that colors online? Any webpage?

Comment

Working...
                                          X