X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
    Ordered early..... this morning !!!!LOL;):Cool: What's up Tired Iron, James and Steve (Jet Dude). I want to Personally Thank Mr. Tom (Owner) and especially Alpha !! Motion R.C is my Favorite Store hands DOWN :)!!!!!!! You guys are doing a SUPER VANTASTIC JOB !!!!! I'm a 22 year Retired Army Veteran. I get so...…………….. many complements on my Freewing EDF every time I load them into my truck from various neighbors and their guest as well.! I love this country !!! And gentlemen I've lived and been to 10 different countries. Can't touch the Great USA !!!!!
    Good to hear from you sir! Looking forward to seeing and flying with you again at Nall in two weeks. You will be there, right? :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Making some 1:11 scale 330 gallon external tanks. This is the napalm cannister by apmech1 that I just scaled differently to make it the size needed. The ends could be a little more pointy but they are close enough for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190425_200659.jpg Views:	2 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	191938
      Need some F/A-18C wing pylons now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17279_rd.jpg Views:	2 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	191939

Comment

• I admire the pitot tubes alpha. Good add! :Cool:

Comment

• That's the stuff right there Dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Making some 1:11 scale 330 gallon external tanks. This is the napalm canister by apmech1 that I just scaled differently to make it the size needed. The ends could be a little more pointy but they are close enough for me. Need some F/A-18C wing pylons now.
            RCDJ, Are you going to start those soon? Also, do you know if there will be any 3DPUP cockpit parts and accessories for this airframe? Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Will this plane come with a separate UBEC?
              Last edited by Wiz1; Apr 26, 2019, 06:27 PM. Reason: Never mind, I just downloaded the in manual. 5A UBEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                You would be ready if those were Admiral packs. LOL.
                Yeah... yeah... LOL

I just purchased the gray and decided to go with this livery :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	04581952-C812-4CD3-9382-E4AA578CEE0B.jpeg
Views:	1306
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	191970

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Good to hear from you sir! Looking forward to seeing and flying with you again at Nall in two weeks. You will be there, right? :Straight-Face:
                  Yes...……..Sir I will be at Joe Nall Friday May 10th !!! Definitely looking forward to see you, Tired Iron and James with all the Motion RC Family !! :)

Comment

• Just finished the Diamondbacks scheme on an FMS 70mm. Graphics by Callie.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

It's a numbers game, no doubt about it. I always appreciate all of the team's effort at Motion RC to explore ideas. If it doesn't work out financially, it won't make sense to do if it affects the bottom line to a point where business cannot be sustained at a high enough level. I would rather have an aircraft of great design within a price range I find appropriate, which is what I've seen over the years from Freewing and Motion RC, rather than be too picky over ordnance offerings. If it changes in the future where it is more feasible to do, then that's icing on the cake.

I didn't know what to call the "MWS" design of locking mechanism that mate the ordnance to the pylons LOL. What does MWS stand for? Motion Was Smart?
                      Multi function weapons system??

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Multi function weapons system??
                        I like it :Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RCDJ, Are you going to start those soon? Also, do you know if there will be any 3DPUP cockpit parts and accessories for this airframe? Best, LB
                          I may take a crack at the pylons. Kinda hard to judge without the plane and I bet that Alpha and crew are probably working on ordnance for the 18. As a temporary solution I am modifying a pair of the F-16 pylons. I am looking at from 1-3 tanks and a pair of Sidewinders for the bird I am trying to replicate. I currently have Dirty Dee's Sidewinders on the printer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                            I just purchased the gray and decided to go with this livery :)

Name:	04581952-C812-4CD3-9382-E4AA578CEE0B.jpeg
Views:	1306
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	191970
                            Nice! Look forward to seeing her painted up when the time comes!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Blue angel ordered!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                One other question:

Regarding missiles, this plane will need Sidewinders or AIM-120s on the wingtips to make it look right. Will you be carrying those as spare parts? And if not, which plane's missile set will be the best match for this plane?

Thanks!
                                I highly recommend searching on thingiverse.com.

DirtyDee and others have made tons of weapons for stuff like the A-10 and F-4 - all of which should be perfectly possible to scale to fit
                                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Dirty Dee 1/10th Aim-9 scaled to 95%. Came out just over 10-1/2" long.

Name:	IMG_20190427_113954.jpg
Views:	1943
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	192122

Comment

• Hey guys, I have a question concerning the wing tip rails. I ordered the BA version and I donˋt like to install the rails. At the tips there are two cones for better attachment of these. Now, could there arise an aerodynamic issue without the rails or doesnˋt it matter at all? I ˋm not quite sure. But drag should be reduced anyway. THX

Comment

• Hi Wolfgang, welcome to Hobby Squawk! We designed the Hornet's wingtip rail to be held on with two screws. If you don't want it, just leave it off. The real BA retains the rail, but you can do whatever you want with your model. The aerodynamic advantage will be slight in this scale. Perhaps a barely perceptible increase in roll rate with the same aileron throw.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Hi Wolfgang, welcome to Hobby Squawk! We designed the Hornet's wingtip rail to be held on with two screws. If you don't want it, just leave it off. The real BA retains the rail, but you can do whatever you want with your model. The aerodynamic advantage will be slight in this scale. Perhaps a barely perceptible increase in roll rate with the same aileron throw.
                                        Hi Alpha, thanks for the quick reply. So not a problem at all. I thought, BA are without the rails. I ˋll try, which one looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

Hi Alpha, thanks for the quick reply. So not a problem at all. I thought, BA are without the rails. I ˋll try, which one looks better.
                                          The full scale Blus Angel's have the wingtip rails installed, just without ordnance. I personally think all F-18's look best with the wingtip rails, and ordnance attached makes the look even better.:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X