Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

MS, Dittos what Hugh wrote. And I do believe I see a tribute to Williams Racing and World Champion Nigel Mansell (Red 5)depicted. I am a fan of both. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
    Thanks LB. A man of culture I see. Icing on the cake is we get to fly on land next to the pit straight of the old formula one track here in Adelaide.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Thanks LB. A man of culture I see. Icing on the cake is we get to fly on land next to the pit straight of the old formula one track here in Adelaide.
      MS, I am envious indeed. Fiddled around with a little SCCA Production class racing as a teenager. MGB-GT. Not very competitive as I drove the car to work and school as well. Oh, and it was an MG so there you have it. LOL. Never lost the feeling though. Living vicariously by watching F1, Indycars, and GT. Anyway, great looking EDF and again, well done. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Last time I had her out I clipped a small tree with the wing tip on final. She wiggled a little and then settled in for a greaser. Honestly it feels like someone else is flying it sometimes lol.
        That will teach the tree to get in your way.
        AMA 424553

Comment

Last time I had her out I clipped a small tree with the wing tip on final. She wiggled a little and then settled in for a greaser. Honestly it feels like someone else is flying it sometimes lol.
          Looks to me like the tree got the worst of the encounter, bravo Avanti, give 'em hell!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E2279998-9951-45B6-A098-F4DA0DF92E09.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	227401Click image for larger version

Name:	37369283-9483-410F-93A9-7A29A4DE408E.jpeg
Views:	440
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	227400Click image for larger version

Name:	E2A44A64-FD4C-406D-B1A3-DAC575BB911E.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	227399 My Piper mini-fleet as the moon sets this morning.

Comment

• Got to sneak in a Blue Angel F/A-18C sortie in between rain and snow showers.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• More goldilocks weather here this morning, had the warbird EDFs out at the field. Half a dozen packs through both.

Me262 only had a couple of flights on it before today, getting a good feel for how she likes to set up for a landing. Really nice flying model and comes back with plenty left in the tank after flying around at half throttle.

Comment

• I couldn't fly today TOO much wind and heavy rain

Comment

• Yes sir!!! Was 68F here yesterday afternoon, but after the bad front rolled thru, it was 28F this AM with snow.... 36F here now... Texas weather Bro!!

Comment

• MS, praying for ya'll down under... Fires suck! Hang in there our brothers!

Comment

• Not a plane i take to the field every time - but no work on a sunny monday morning, with the place to myself and 3kt winds? Perfect for a relaxing cruise with the AL37.

In at 7am, half a dozen packs, home by 8:30. Perfect.

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        MS, praying for ya'll down under... Fires suck! Hang in there our brothers!
                        Thank you, sir. Things appear to be settling down, although still a lot of summer to come yet.

Comment

• Got out to the flying field yesterday. Took the FW 70mm F16, FMS 1450mm P51, Rochobby Nemesis, and my repainted 6s Rebel. It is interesting what planes go to the field when I let my 7 year old decide, instead of me deciding. But, I ended up taking two (P51 and Nemesis) that haven't gone in a long time so maybe I'll keep letting him decide!

Rebel is a bad little critter with the 6s XRP setup in it. 128mph on the radar gun flat and level. Not much of a trainer anymore but it is FUN!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200112_161149343_HDR.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	227699

Comment

• Dogfight across the ages: Spitfire vs Tomcat
                            winner is not what you’d expect...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                              Dogfight across the ages: Spitfire vs Tomcat
                              winner is not what you expect...

Great video with the music, you both have some serious flying skills. Got me either smiling or laughing through the whole thing, bring on some more.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

winner is not what you expect...

Loved it! Awesome video.
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

winner is not what you’d expect.
                                  "Motionsic & Baron, report to the CAG's Office Immediately, That is all."
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• “Sir, yes Sir”. Haha. Glad you guys liked the video. The flying fun was over in 5 minutes. But editing is like going through debrief, painful. So gotta keep video to flight ratio low. Should only do video when something interesting happens - like finally entering jet combat.
                                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• An absolutely gorgeous day in South Florida today, 5-10mph winds out of the east, directly down our main grass runway. Was able to get 4 flights in each of the F-16, F-4, Stinger 90 and the Avanti. Last outing I had the F-16 with the "Wild Weasel" tail and black nose cone with teeth, so this time changed it to the Flying Razorbacks with a red nose cone and teeth, not my favorite of the 4 versions I did but certainly offers the best visibility. Next outing I'll change to the Wisconsin Fighter Wing tail or maybe the Lone Star Gunfighter livery just to shake things up.

Finally grew some cojones and flew the F-16 with a 6000mah instead of the 5000mah, and she handled it beautifully, with only a slightly longer take off on the grass (still with flaperons though). Now all my EDF's are feeding on the 6000 and I honestly can't tell that much difference in performance, except more flight time. More than 5 minutes of spirited flight on the Avanti and Stinger and over 4 minutes on the F-16 and F-4, and that's riding them pretty hard. Did I hear someone say 7000mah? Not likely for me, the last thing I need is to buy more batteries! At least I'm consistently making 2 point, high alpha landings with all (the F-16 almost does it like it's on autopilot) and confidence in landing has sure added an extra measure to the enjoyment of flying these jets.

A lot of our members showed up today (dah, you think it's cause of the light winds after 25-30mph winds the last two weeks), so we had EDF's, large gas planes and 5 huge turbine jets. One member brought out his 1/3 scale Belgian Air Force WWI Nieuport 17 Bi-Plane, and man was it a beaut. He's practicing for the Blue Max event in Sanford Florida in 2 weeks, for large scale WWI planes only. Man, if I only had more room in the truck (like a trailer) and in my hangar (not to mention cash). Posted a couple photos cause it's "too sexy for my shirt".
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Always a favorite recurring client and his wife, who both fly. Spent the morning around Tucson doing multiple approaches. It’s the same airplane I am scratch building, only bigger...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X