Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidened the FMS A-10 V2 this morning. Absolute sweetheart of a plane, looks incredible in the air and floats in for the softest of landings. Really surprising given the > 4kg flying weight.

Significant 'moment' for me as getting a big ol' warthog has been a goal I've been working towards since getting into the hobby (the Freewing is a bit too much plane for our field). Really rewarding even if it was just two short flights cruising the pattern.

Will give her a thorough inspection tonight but otherwise look forward to taking her out with a box full of batteries tomorrow.

​​​​​

Comment

• Just the Cub today. I was the only one crazy enough to fly.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Two flights with the FT Simple Scout, and one flight each with the Stinger and Air Hooterville. We get kinda spoiled by our weather down here in Baja Arizona this time of year.

Comment

• I pretended I was patrolling the Mekong River Delta today...
          There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Yesterday, I made two flights of my 1.5m ElectroStik. I'd also brought my new T-33 and 1.4m EFlite P-47. The skies were really cloudy/hazy, and after flying my ElectroStik twice, and having a hard time seeing it when it got a reasonable distance away, I decided to keep the two other silver planes grounded. It's kinda hard for me to accept that I seem to be listening to the inner voice of reasonableness more than I used to. LOL

When I got home, though, I finished up my Follow Me Truck. The guys in the club will get a kick out of it when I bring it to the field and drive out to meet some landed planes, to guide them back to the Pits.

---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Nice weather today in Germany, the coming week will be rainy and windy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                Yesterday, I made two flights of my 1.5m ElectroStik. When I got home, though, I finished up my Follow Me Truck. The guys in the club will get a kick out of it when I bring it to the field and drive out to meet some landed planes, to guide them back to the Pits.
                OX, I presume it will drive straight to the 'O Club' tarmac. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is a link to today's flightvideo with the A-10 with and without ordnance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

OX, I presume it will drive straight to the 'O Club' tarmac. Best, LB
                    Of course! That’s where all of the visiting pilots want to go.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	maiden3.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	233669
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks like you had a missile failure, good choice for song.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• AH! I was wondering what happened to it! Didn't even notice until I got home, lol! @ :22
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Geez that F-16 looks big just sitting there.

Perfect flying conditions for the Australia Day long weekend down here with three sunny and dead calm mornings in a row. A bit of rain earlier in the week filled out some of the patchy grass which has been suffering in the immense heat.

Had the AL37 and FMS A-10 out to start with, and one of my favourtie field combos this morning - the Me262 + F-86 sabre. All flying beautifully and safely back in the hangar with no damage. Top weekend.

Comment

• Finally flew air-to-air FPV chase sortie in a EDF jet! My friend Alex generously invited me to fly his L-39 to chase his F-14. What was he smoking trusting me not to take down both jets? Don’t know. And indeed there was a near miss, lucky we didn’t hit. It was exhilarating! Jet FPV air combat has got to be a thing...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Finished this one for my older brother so I can budy box with him to get him use to tail draggers this is the third flight on it with the 3 axes stability on using th MRC 6 channel receiver with stability. After flying all my jets and racers this was a joy to fly. Our weather today, Overcast 30 degrees with a 5 mph direct cross wind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVnHlDzBsg

Comment

• A Freewing classic that flies great!!!! I take it easy on her since it is "one of a kind" now....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2065.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	234170Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2113.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	234171Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2145.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	234172

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    A Freewing classic that flies great!!!! I take it easy on her since it is "one of a kind" now....

ID:	234172
                                    That is a gorgeous plane, you're one lucky dog to have one. Now for an incredibly stupid question; on the last photo as you're in your glide path to land, it looks like this planes flaps actually go up? Is that correct? Imagine it ends up creating drag like an airbrake. Can't imagine it creates any lift, maybe just the opposite with an airfoil in reverse? Whatever it is, very cool.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman Hey Bro!!! It is the dive brakes... They are split and they go up and down at the same time. (one actuator per side, so no choice) They work well for a real dive brakes, but help it settle in for landing too... Just have to carry a little throttle!!! I need to weather her up, but with so many projects on the burners, it is WAY back in line!!! LOL Blessings!!! Jerry

Comment

• To clarify, on the bottom, the surfaces all go down like flaps, but the top comes up like a drive brake and acts as a spoiler... So there!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL It is kind of cool and really works! I am eyeballing it to make the same type of setup for the A-10 ailerons!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          A Freewing classic that flies great!!!! I take it easy on her since it is "one of a kind" now....