Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was WWII warbird Tuesday. Pretty much the same cast of characters as I flew last time, only difference I swapped out my Silver B-24 for the Olive one this time. Outstanding weather, 10-15 mph winds and got 16 flights in, 4 on each. I have to say that now that I finally got consistent with smooth take-offs and landings on grass with the Corsair, I actually enjoy flying it better than the Spitfire, if that's possible. Over 8 minutes on a 5000, can't beat that IMO. And of course the B-24 just flies so sweet and with 10 minutes on 2 4000's, it's a pleasure to take her up anytime. I'll have to move back to flying the jets again next time, but with this group, the pucker factor is down to 0!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200623_093449.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	261239Click image for larger version

Name:	20200623_093432.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	261240
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Just got started flying Choppers again last time was in the late 80's love all the new electric Choppers I have a Blade 250 I have about 20 flights on now and a Blade 550. I have been practicing with the Blade 250. I find Nose in flight the hardest to get use to right now but it is getting easier A few more flights and it is time to start doing rolls and loops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tws2mWoMKOE

Comment

• I flew formation with my buddy’s FPV T-33 and a LOS flown T-34. It was quite erratic in the beginning, but we settled down after a few flights. Check out the Formation flights from flight lead’s perspective, looking back.

View looking back at my T-33 from T-34 lead’s 360° camera:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• And formation flight from my T-33 FPV perspective:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
            It was WWII warbird Tuesday. Pretty much the same cast of characters as I flew last time, only difference I swapped out my Silver B-24 for the Olive one this time. Outstanding weather, 10-15 mph winds and got 16 flights in, 4 on each. I have to say that now that I finally got consistent with smooth take-offs and landings on grass with the Corsair, I actually enjoy flying it better than the Spitfire, if that's possible. Over 8 minutes on a 5000, can't beat that IMO. And of course the B-24 just flies so sweet and with 10 minutes on 2 4000's, it's a pleasure to take her up anytime. I'll have to move back to flying the jets again next time, but with this group, the pucker factor is down to 0!

Name:	20200623_093449.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	261239Click image for larger version

Name:	20200623_093432.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	261240
            luv that sqaudran hugh ...16 flights ,,u lucky thing ....i need more 6s lipos practice makes perfect

Comment

• Flew my two "big-uns".

Name:	IMG_3684.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	261367

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

luv that sqaudran hugh ...16 flights ,,u lucky thing ....i need more 6s lipos practice makes perfect
                Got lucky and went out for the 2nd day in a row. Nothing sweeter than to have the field to yourself 2 days in a row. This time I got 20 flights in with an odd collection of several I haven't flown in a while (except the Slick). 5 each on my Hangar 9 60" Beast Bi-Plane (truly one of my favorites), my FMS Red Bull Corsair (still not as nice as my 1600 mm Corsair, but haven't flown the Red Bull since I can't remember), my small E-Flight P-51 (my first foam warbird, but dormant for 4 years) and my 60" Extreme Flight Slick (always a favorite for me). I liked the Beast so much, I bought a 2nd when HH was discontinuing them fearing that some day I'd auger it in (fortunately have yet to have a single mishap with it and it was my 4th electric plane and first ARF), and it's still new in the box.

I do have a few lipos, over 120 of them (and over 70 of those are 6S). That's just crazy, especially thinking about all the other great planes I could have bought instead!!! Yes, practice makes perfect, but I'll never get there, but I'm having a hell of a good time trying.

Name:	20200624_101347.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	261383

Name:	20200624_101051.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	261384
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• viper they r biguns...is it a trojan?? im still abit of newby ,, must b 2200mm and my bucketlist includes al37 in quantas livery ..of course.... hugh thats way to many lipos 4 1 person... i will fly f35 this wend with to much tape and glue ...ugly no gyro this time... waiting 4 wings 4 corsair... only remaining flyer is waco ....... couldn't possibly crash that ..mmm

Comment

• Here is the batch of planes I flew last night just before sundown flew all the batteries I had for these flew flight after flight for just over three hours. No on else showed up, so I had the field to myself. Had a great time

Name:	fly1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	261411Click image for larger version

Name:	fly2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	261412

Comment

• i wanted a red wako ..but they only had yellow o well its so lazy to fly

Comment

viper they r biguns...is it a trojan?? im still abit of newby ,, must b 2200mm and my bucketlist includes al37 in quantas livery ..of course.... hugh thats way to many lipos 4 1 person... i will fly f35 this wend with to much tape and glue ...ugly no gyro this time... waiting 4 wings 4 corsair... only remaining flyer is waco ....... couldn't possibly crash that ..mmm
                        Yes, it's the original Carbon Z T-28, 2m. I think Eflite made it then. Both it and the B-24 are 2m.
                        I have nearly 100 LiPos myself. It's a disease.

Comment

i wanted a red wako ..but they only had yellow o well its so lazy to fly
                          All depends on How You Fly it

Comment

• Was pretty windy at the field today (15-25mph) so I took out a few of the aircraft that don’t care, and the new Rochobby Willys Jeep. Brought the 600 UH-1N and HK Cub. Unfortunately, the cub stripped the rudder servo while taxiing, so it didn’t get any flying. Put in 3 flights on the Huey though, it cuts through wind nicely. Also impressed with the Jeep, fun car to mess around with!

Comment

• Comment

• Click on pics for commentary. Still learning this too​​​​​​

Comment

Click on pics for commentary. Still learning this too​​​​​​
                                  The 70 mm F-35 will get the best of us it is one quick bird. I LOVE FLYING MINE. This F-35 is not for the faint of heart. That being said it is not for a beginner or novices Pilot even the Expert Pilot's I know find this one a hand full to fly As per the Man. Set up. I hate to see this happen to any Pilot. PS flying mine one a Spektrum AR 8000 8 cannel rec.also fly my Skynetics Havoc racer with an AR636 no problems

Comment

• Got out early today but was only able to get 12 flights in before the heaven's opened up (typical for afternoons here in Florida with 94 degree temps ). Did get 3 flights in each on the F-16, Stinger 90, F-4 and the F-18. This was the first sortie with the F-18 on grass (we maidened it on asphalt), and it got off surprisingly well and landing on grass is so smooth. Got over 4 minutes with a RT 6250 35C and the stock outrunner (but I was a bit "heavy" on the throttle so should get more with additional flights and getting used to it), so the extra 1.2 pounds I have in this with the 3D cockpit and extra paint and graphics wasn't even a factor (but then I have no idea how the F-18 BA flies compared to this, so what I don't know, I'm not missing).

Name:	20200629_101053.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	261973Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_101117.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	261974
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Some T-45 work today. The second bird is a salvage job I’m working on for my brother. Also got numerous flights with the F-18, which still kicks my behind in the landing pattern.😂 Click image for larger version

Name:	F746B894-810A-4583-ADB1-C3B8D61E7773.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	262017

Comment

• Took my planes for their final ride today. Its off to the aircraft graveyard.

Name:	planes.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	262334

Comment

• Elbee
                                          Elbee commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          MB, That's just a sad photo. Are you driving those to Tucson, AZ to set them free? Best, LB

• Happy Independence Day weekend everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                        X