X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post

There’s a RCG forum dedicated to Scale FPV Flight with many helpful fellows:
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

and FB group called “FPV Scale Airplanes / Warbirds“ that can answer all your questions.
    Just what I needed - Thank You!
    (Although - I don't do fb but am a regular over on RCG)

Comment

• Got in a few flights this morning on my Hangar 9 Corsair and FMS Hawker Typhoon. Really happy with how the 3D printed rockets for the Typhoon turned out. Really makes it look ready to take out some axis tanks!

Comment

• F106DeltaDart is that the 20cc gas Corsair that HH used to sell? Sure is a nice looking bird, not to mention the Typhoon.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
          F106DeltaDart is that the 20cc gas Corsair that HH used to sell? Sure is a nice looking bird, not to mention the Typhoon.
          Thanks Hugh, that’s the one! Mine is built for 6S electric and is a really sweet flyer. Can’t believe it got discontinued so fast. It’s easily one of the best flyers I’ve owned so far.

Comment

• I just installed a new flight controller in my Blade 550, and took it out to test and make sure every thing was good to go. Checked out OK! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEPYK_U8Ujk

Comment

• My Brother and I went out early today. Here are two great photo's he got with my Iphone 11X Pro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4L.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	265506Click image for larger version

Name:	SU-30 FLYBY.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	265507

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                Got in a few flights this morning on my Hangar 9 Corsair and FMS Hawker Typhoon. Really happy with how the 3D printed rockets for the Typhoon turned out. Really makes it look ready to take out some axis tanks!
                Sweet! Love that Corsair...My ESM 85" Corsair is nearly complete. I should be able to pick it up in August sometime.

Maidened my buddy's Flyzone Beaver on our vacation trip to Netarts Bay, OR. Right at the end of the video it cuts out abruptly because I gave the controls to him and he was trying to take off and flipped it. My RunCam was lost but the SD card survived hence the footage. He had to go for a very cold swim to retrieve it though, lol.

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My HSDJets T-33 flight from last weekend. This model makes anyone look like a great pilot!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks Hugh, that’s the one! Mine is built for 6S electric and is a really sweet flyer. Can’t believe it got discontinued so fast. It’s easily one of the best flyers I’ve owned so far.
                    Very Nice F106DeltaDart . Hangar 9 made some IMO high quality ARF's. The only one I have though is the 60" Beast Bi-Plane set up for 6S electric as well. This was the 3rd RC plane I bought and only had 2 48" foam warbirds first and was out of my league when I bought it, but just loved the way it looked. Even so, when I flew it, it flew so well that I mistakenly thought, "Hey, I'm pretty Good", but it was just the aircraft. The quality of balsa and monocoat and the hardware is still first class. It knife edges so easy with no mixes and does acrobatics almost as well as my Extreme Flight birds. I loved it so much, I got a 2nd at least for spare parts because I could see HH was about to discontinue it (like they do for some many of them) and must have gotten the last one or so. It's still new in the box cause in 5-6 years, I've never had a mishap with it (unlike just about everything else I have). I even added a Mr. RC sound card in it, although there is no foam at all, but still sounds pretty cool. With the size and color scheme, it's extremely easy to follow it's orientation in the air. Fortunately it just fits in the back of my pickup without having to take the wings off. I was thinking of getting that same Corsair you got, but it quickly got discontinued, so glad to see you flying it.

Name:	20200703_110954.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	265518
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got in two flights on the Tiny Trainer yesterday, one flight each on the Scout and Versawing, and one short - and almost disastrous - flight on the Mustang (only thing I can figure watching the video, is I must have flown right into the early stages of a dust devil right after take-off). Fortunately, just before the Mustang hit the ground, it was about leveled off, so the only damage was sheared-off landing gear. I also got in two easy flights on the Stinger, just enjoying zipping around the pattern.

Comment

• I was out early morning and again tonight with two Choppers Blade 250 and my Blade 550 this video is a check flight I need to turn down the gain on the tail I have it set to sensitive, Back to the shop LOL!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYVVnJncPDU

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                          My HSDJets T-33 flight from last weekend. This model makes anyone look like a great pilot!

Make it tempting to get for a first jet...

Comment

• Man that is one slow landing speed. Looks like a real winner, nicely done!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Went out today before it started raining and flew my E-Flite Twin 64 mm A-10 Wart Hog That I added a couple extra colors to

Name:	A-10 Warhog fly by.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	265707

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                Man that is one slow landing speed. Looks like a real winner, nicely done!
                                Thanks! Landing could have been even better, I flared a bit too early. But this T-33 is quite forgiving.

Comment

• I had to go over to Gillette Wyo. today so I took my Free Wing T-33 with and flew it at their local AMA field. Which I am a member of. We got this photo just before touch down. We all had a great time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	T33 Gillette.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	265790

Comment

• Another nice soaring adventure with my Bird of Time EP today...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Got out a few prop planes on Thursday for some relaxing fun. Have to say the Corsair is definitely my favorite prop warbird. Always the first in the truck on prop days. We had a stiff 15-20 mph slight crosswind and she acted like it was nothing, commenting to me on the way home "bring on the hurricane". I'm not ashamed to admit that on flight #1, the pucker factor was 10, and on flights #2-8 it was 15 (on a scale of 1-10) just considering taking off and landing (in flight never a problem). I am a slow learner but after some 60 flights with her, the pucker factor has reduced to 0 for the last 15-20 flights.

Name:	20200728_125950.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	266163

Then yesterday got some EDF's out even though we had almost a 20mph wind in anticipation of the hurricane. We finally got our lawn equipment issue solved and ended up with a slightly used John Deere golf course mower for $14,000 that cuts the grass evenly at 1/2". I am in seventh heaven now, because the machine they were going to get cost $30,000 and cut only to 1". My F-16 and SU-30 could not get off, and after a lot of vocal lobbying (OK use the b word), they finally decided to go in another direction and ended up with the John Deere. Most of the members didn't care because they fly large scale gas and turbines (and like the longer grass) and I am one of the few foamy EDF owners, so I thought I'd end up on the short end of the stick, but now, it's even better than it used to be and "Life is Good"! So I keep reminding them that my b......ing saved us $16,000 and we ended up with an outstanding runway!

Anyway, took the F-16 (this time the Flying Razorback version) and SU-30 out to see how the new runway worked and to try out some recent modifications to each with putting a larger nose wheel on. I also wanted to try the HRB 6000 and the HobbyStar 8000 in both and before yesterday, they couldn't even get off with the RT 5500 70C. Well the results are now in and the F-16 got off with both batteries in less than 100 feet and the SU-30 in about 125 feet, both much quicker than even before when the grass was at about 5/8". The shorter grass and larger nose wheel made a huge difference. I'm attaching a video of each but have to apologize for the poor quality, a friend's hand held phone took the pictures and we had a good 20 mph gusting wind he said made him unable to hold the phone steady. I think it was too much Jack Daniels! I'll detail the performance of the batteries in the respective thread on each, but in summary, the F-16 likes them both, even better than the RT 5500, and the flying double decker bus SU-30 likes the HRB, but the HS 8000 makes it worse and turns it into the Exxon Valdez before it hit the shoals, but it does get in the air off of grass!

Name:	20200731_141332.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	266164 The F-16 You Tube video is : https://youtu.be/Nl4GVwb8dH8

Name:	20200731_141312.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	266165 The SU-30 You Tube video: https://youtu.be/lh20BwGw_h4
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Maidened my V3 HSD 105mm F-16 today. Was quite the ride! Need to figure out some trim/CG issues and go from there. At least she came home in one piece. WHEW!

There's a reason the song I chose for the video is called "Breathe Again"

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Got the F-16 Wisconsin version out again today along with the SU-30 and a few others. Beautiful day, which must be why about 20 members showed up as well (what doesn't anybody work any more). Probably because every Friday a few of us do a BBQ as well. Today was Kielbasa, Italian sausage cooked with onions, peppers and tomatoes and some burgers. Now that's what I'm talking about, RC flying and eatin good in the neighborhood, what virus! And if anyone says there was alcohol there, DO NOT believe them!

Name:	20200807_125326.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	267250

As I've mentioned before, we have about 400 members and I think there are only about 5 of us that fly electric, everyone else large gas or way to costly turbines (where do these guys get all this money, every time they come out their trailer has a new $15,000 jet in it-I doubt I could even afford the trailer, and some have A/C in their trailers). So this is the kind of I have to put up with. I feel like Trump at a Freedom rally in Beijing! I get a lot of good natured ribbing about my foamy electrics, especially all my prop warbirds with a sound system in them and all my EDF's with afterburners, but it seems everyone in this hobby is just a really great person. Too bad we can't say that about our politicians! I'd love to have something like the ones below, but then I'd have to sell my truck to get one and couldn't even get to the field, although some of these fly like I could just jump on the top of it and fly me and the jet to the field (now there's a thought). And the guy who flies the big SU-30 with thrust vectors does 3D maneuvers with it, "C'mon Man"! I bet you can't guess which bird is mine in these photos!

Name:	20200807_095521.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	267251Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_100440.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	267252

Name:	20200807_120925.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	267253Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_121034.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	267254
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X