Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 70mm AL37 Airliner Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Wild Man looking good so far. I assume you had Callie do the graphics for you, no?
    Nope. My Son in law has a graphics Business in Phoenix. He will make me any thing I want, and has done so on many of the planes I build for myself and others. One nice thing, they do not cost me anything. He enjoys doing them for me, He also does T's I have three he has done for me, they are bad ass LOL!!! here is one I had him do the other is a Corsair

Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	271886Click image for larger version

Name:	bt1.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	271887

Comment

• Nice!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Two admiral 5000 gave sluggish performance. sticking with one 6000.

Comment

• Flew the AL37 this morning. All went well till the second flight when I put in a used battery and the plane dropped into the lake. It's fixable but it won't quite look like this again. A friend took these terrific pictures of it for me. I'm glad he did. At least now I have a permanent record of just how nice it was. (I'll fix it over the winter. Too many planes to fly at the moment.) Someone also made a video using FPV chase quad. When he puts it up on YouTube, I'll post it here.

Name:	IMG_3730.JPG
Views:	750
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	272038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3731.JPG
Views:	684
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	272039Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3732.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	272040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3733.JPG
Views:	690
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	272041

Comment

• To bad, sorry to hear that xviper that's like taking off with out fueling your plane

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Flew the AL37 this morning. All went well till the second flight when I put in a used battery and the plane dropped into the lake. It's fixable but it won't quite look like this again. A friend took these terrific pictures of it for me. I'm glad he did. At least now I have a permanent record of just how nice it was. (I'll fix it over the winter. Too many planes to fly at the moment.) Someone also made a video using FPV chase quad. When he puts it up on YouTube, I'll post it here.

Name:	IMG_3730.JPG
Views:	750
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	272038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3731.JPG
Views:	684
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	272039Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3732.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	272040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3733.JPG
Views:	690
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	272041
              Too bad. Sorry to hear that.

I do really like your photos and choice of livery! Looks like the real deal!

Comment

• @uscanuck1xa Thanks.
                Here is that video I promised. This was done by another member at the club I belong to. He used an FPV equipped quad to "chase" me. You can see the very nice first flight of that day and then the second flight that did the splashdown "into the Hudson". Thankfully, Capt. Sulley talked me down and nobody died.

Comment

• Xviper, I'm sorry to hear about your mishap, its good you had a quad following you to locate the plane, although I got dizzy watching it go round and round. lol. I hope there was no real damage and I guess the
                  the positive of a foamie is that it floats nicely. Looking forward to seeing it up and flying again.

Comment

• xviper so sorry to see such a beautifully modeled bird end up in the drink, and to think I had earlier said how nice your field looked with the water near by. Hope you get her back in service this winter, but I'll bet you start diagnosing what you need to replace sooner than that. I know from experience that it's tough to let it sit too long without itching to start repairs as soon as possible.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That "lake" makes for a scenic backdrop but it's also a scourge. No wonder the club has a rowboat, life jacket and chest waders as standard equipment. Oddly, it's really not a lake. It's an effluent pond from a former gas processing plant. They say it's been cleaned up from the "old days" of sulfur production but after I got back from retrieving the 37, my hands and face (from the oar splashing) were itching like crazy. I hope I don't grow an extra finger or ear.

Comment

• For added structural strength to the horizontal stab, and rear wing tube I have added a 4 mm carbon fiber rod inside the rear wing tube and the horizontal tube for greater stress factors. I have done this on other planes and it does Increase the structural strength which decreases flex of the surfaces

Name:	stal.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	272265

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          That "lake" makes for a scenic backdrop but it's also a scourge. I hope I don't grow an extra finger or ear.
                          Actually I could use a couple extra fingers on my hands. It seems the 5 I have occasionally do uncontrollable movements on my control sticks now and again. Maybe new ones would work better, assuming they weren't connected to my brain.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Still have a few more minor detail graphics to add .... but was anxious to fly it. I modified the winglets and the rear of the engine nacelles to make it look like the older B737 that Western Pacific use to fly.
                            Maiden flight went well .... but I will add a bit more up elevator throw for the next flights. I used a 6S 6000 mah pack, and am happy with that size.

Name:	518CA3FE-2423-43AD-B5E7-6016981DD45B.jpeg
Views:	588
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	272497

Comment

• Great googlymoogly another outstanding livery! Excellent work!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• WOW Nicely done Simpsons AL-37

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                                  Still have a few more minor detail graphics to add .... but was anxious to fly it. I modified the winglets and the rear of the engine nacelles to make it look like the older B737 that Western Pacific use to fly.
                                  Maiden flight went well .... but I will add a bit more up elevator throw for the next flights. I used a 6S 6000 mah pack, and am happy with that size.

Name:	518CA3FE-2423-43AD-B5E7-6016981DD45B.jpeg
Views:	588
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	272497
                                  Incredible work, the only problem is that the visibility in the air might be low!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thanks Hugh.

Once you reach 60, the eyes really like yellow airplanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                                      Thanks Hugh.

Once you reach 60, the eyes really like yellow airplanes.
                                      Don't I know it! That's why I have some yellow on virtually all my planes, if nothing more than at least the wing tips.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Maiden on wednesday, love this plane. 🤗

Comment

• Does anyone have a crappy livery on this model yet? My word!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X