X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post
    Finished flight 6 on Saturday. this things flies really nicely, have to admit. Came in a little hot one landing and it bounced, not high, but it was about 2 feet off the ground and 25 ft before it settled down again, the fact that I still had about 1/3 throttle may have been a factor. lol Chopped the throttle during its bounce, kept the nose up as it settled and it responded beautifully.
    The biggest complaint is the 3 min goes by sooooo fast. most times taxi in at the 3 1/2 - 4 min mark and between 18 and 30% battery remaining.

Hi Scale Freak,

what battery capacity are you flying?
    They indicate a 10min flight time on a 5000mAh package🤔

Regards,

Eric

Comment

• Hi guys,
      I am finishing up my AL37, I see nothing in the manual about setting the neutral position of the elevator. Should I set the neutral position with a slight amount of up trim?
      Thanks!!
      Anthony

Comment

• Hello,

i used the reference at the fuselage as a starting point.

regards,

Eric

Comment

• I have my AL37 ready for the maiden. They are calling for 3-4 mph winds tomorrow morning. Throws and CG are set per the manual.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Nice job Waconut ! Good luck on your maiden!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62188.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	277368Click image for larger version  Name:	image_62189.jpg Views:	3 Size:	330.8 KB ID:	277369Click image for larger version  Name:	image_62187.jpg Views:	3 Size:	126.1 KB ID:	277367Click image for larger version  Name:	image_62186.jpg Views:	3 Size:	280.6 KB ID:	277366Click image for larger version  Name:	714D493D-FB33-4135-9195-EA53766D6156.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	259.1 KB ID:	277365Click image for larger version  Name:	2BC01335-B159-4B87-9371-F9EB8C9AD45D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	277364 Just a few pictures and videos... Click image for larger version  Name:	B8E61CA3-63C7-4B8C-A4BD-9B7F25AD8BAF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.1 KB ID:	277363

Comment

• What a nice livery Piloti Modele!!!
                Also waiting for the maiden flight?
                Got mine all set up to, waiting for better weather here in Europe.
                Model is all balanced now, and weights 4,2 kg, with a 6000mAh 6s battery.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	42527D17-2A05-45A8-9ED1-096F21C4C9A5.jpeg
Views:	763
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	277393

Comment

• Love the livery! Very nice piloti modele!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• SUCH amazing paint jobs in this thread. Great job, all. Aircraft that spark mass interest in custom liveries are great to see. The AL-37 appears to be one of the most popular aircraft for custom paint schemes, like the A-10 80mm and a few other aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post
                      Hello,

Getting ready to maiden mine.
                      just checked the CG, and find that the indicated CG, on top of the wing, is quite conservative....
                      Does everybody flies on this balance point, or do we move it further back?

My experience on the Avanti is that I could move it more than an inch backwards.
                      Curious to hear your feedback.

Regards,

Eric
                      Strange that no one answered you yet... look, the recommended CG on virtually all retail RC products is set too far forward, or "nose heavy" as we usually say. Its like this on purpose because the models are more stable and easier to fly in general, but you should consider it only as a starting point.

Freewing and Flightline are no exception, the CG is too far forward on all of their planes. Some customers like it that way - but the planes are harder to land, they will often bounce and bounce and end up with smashed nose gears. The airliner flies really well but its hard to get the nose up for landing. Most of us here have the battery moved back a bit, so try moving the battery back a little each flight, and see the difference and evaluate according to your preference! Its very forgiving. With the CG moved back, the model will be much easier to flare and you can hold the nose up all the way down the runway. You will also need less "up" trim and takeoffs from grass will be easier.
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                        I have my AL37 ready for the maiden. They are calling for 3-4 mph winds tomorrow morning. Throws and CG are set per the manual.
                        Clear skies and no winds on your maiden!

She's a beauty!!

Comment

• Maiden went without a hitch two weeks ago.

No video as of yet. Hopefully soon! Click image for larger version

Name:	max1.jpeg
Views:	747
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	277481

Comment

• I put the maiden flights on the AL37, this is the only plane that I have ever flown that was perfectly trimmed from the word go. Never touched the trims. She fly’s great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferybray View Post
                              I didn't like the antennas that were flat and plastic so I 3D printed the antennas and also the broadband antenna. I also printed exhaust cones as well. If anybody is interested in the antennas and exhaust let me know, i will print them and post pictures so you can get an idea.
                              Would you be willing to post the 3D files here or send out the file in a DM? I have a 3D printer and am interested in the broadband antenna. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post
                                Well while my AL37 arrives I've searched and searched and I have to go with the NAVY P-8A Poseidon scheme, I will modify the winglets easy job since they are removable, more painting than another scheme but no masking involved. Need to place a call to Callie, already have the paint from another warbird so I'm good, maybe add some hard points and some ordnance, thinking maybe parts from the A10 my work...….. .now to wait for the brown truck.
                                I like that idea!! What color paint are you using for the P8 scheme??

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F2775E23-F316-4BF5-91BC-711EE7C2840D.jpeg
Views:	644
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	278295 My TAROM YR-BGM
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hi guys,

still curious about your CG setting?
                                    everybody on the default CG?

grts,

Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post
                                      Hi guys,

still curious about your CG setting?
                                      everybody on the default CG?

grts,

Eric
                                      I only have 3 flights on mine. I had the CG set right at the back of the Mark for the 1st flight and almost stalled on takeoff. I moved the battery forward about 3/4” for the next 2 flights and it flew great and behaved well.
                                      IMO I would not shift the CG aft of the marked location.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post

Would you be willing to post the 3D files here or send out the file in a DM? I have a 3D printer and am interested in the broadband antenna. Thanks.
                                        I will post the .stl file this weekend for broadband antenna.

Comment

• I put 4 more flights on my AL37 this morning, what a great flying plane. It really shines doing low slow passes down the runway with half flaps and 30% throttle. Looks very scale in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X