Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the updated Broadband .stl files. I have not done a test print on it yet, let me know if there needs to be changes.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferybray View Post
      Here is the updated Broadband .stl files. I have not done a test print on it yet, let me know if there needs to be changes.

Thanks,
      Jeff
      Thanks so much! I'll try to print tomorrow if I don't go flying.

Comment

• Here are some static shots of my repaint. This is a rebuild of my crashed United MAX-10. Decided to do this one as a 737-800. 3D printed the winglets from someone who posted them here. I have this one setup as FPV as well but was having some wiring issues so today, I just flew it the old fashioned way today. Click image for larger version

Name:	AA738_1.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	278662Click image for larger version

Name:	AA738_2.JPG
Views:	889
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	278663Click image for larger version

Name:	AA738_3.JPG
Views:	889
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	278664

Comment

• Ryan and I finally got both AL37’s at the field together yesterday. He put the first two flights on his, both were perfect. Had a blast with these things yesterday.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Is it possible for someone to post a picture of a really looking AL37? Really getting tired of seeing all these outstanding looking repaints. John Bergsmith , they both look great!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• My 738 FPV flight from today.

https://youtu.be/2lllmEUjJCU Click image for larger version

Name:	738b.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	279401

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferybray View Post
                Here is the updated Broadband .stl files. I have not done a test print on it yet, let me know if there needs to be changes.

Thanks,
                Jeff
                Jeff,
                Thanks again for sharing the files. I printed them out but unfortunately, there is a gap along the sides if you if you glue both halves together. I don't think there is enough curvature to the mounting area where the antenna meets the fuselage. I carved a little off of the front and back ends to help and opted to allow for the seam along the top. It'll be easier to fill and sand now. I'm grateful for your contribution and it works for me but just wanted to give you this info incase you wanted to tweak the design a bit. The photo shows the gap after some carving. Prior to, the gap was much larger. Just an FYI. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4319.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	279682

Comment

• “Caulk and paint makes a carpenter what he ain’t.” A little putty, a little paint and it looks pretty good! Click image for larger version

Name:	D139157B-E3EC-4281-9264-8B26337E4AB1.jpeg
Views:	767
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	279696

Comment

• FPV flight from yesterday. Much better landing this time. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rwy 5.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	279724

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post

Jeff,
                      Thanks again for sharing the files. I printed them out but unfortunately, there is a gap along the sides if you if you glue both halves together. I don't think there is enough curvature to the mounting area where the antenna meets the fuselage. I carved a little off of the front and back ends to help and opted to allow for the seam along the top. It'll be easier to fill and sand now. I'm grateful for your contribution and it works for me but just wanted to give you this info incase you wanted to tweak the design a bit. The photo shows the gap after some carving. Prior to, the gap was much larger. Just an FYI. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4319.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	279682
                      Thanks for letting me know, I'll create more of a curvature, looking at the pictures I see what you are saying.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                        FPV flight from yesterday. Much better landing this time. :)

Name:	Rwy 5.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	279724
                        That was fun to watch, great POV. I like the way the light changed inside the cockpit.
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ok,

maidened mine today, with the CG as indicated.
                          During the take off roll, it became obvious that the CG was way to much fwd.
                          It was such that I had no more elevator to flair during the landing.
                          Apart from that, it was a successful maiden flight on the 737 today

have a nice one,

Eric

Name:	44D90892-7E06-4299-AE7A-6218C2C43689.jpeg
Views:	800
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	280008Click image for larger version

Name:	D04EFB2A-6380-46AC-981A-88439E7941BE.jpeg
Views:	827
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	280007Click image for larger version

Name:	ED650A62-89CF-4A88-BC97-BC2DB8E9A5D6.jpeg
Views:	834
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	280006Click image for larger version

Name:	F989C75C-2FAD-4C0C-B9BD-7BD008957ED0.jpeg
Views:	815
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	280005

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post
                            Ok,

maidened mine today, with the CG as indicated.
                            During the take off roll, it became obvious that the CG was way to much fwd.
                            It was such that I had no more elevator to flair during the landing.
                            Apart from that, it was a successful maiden flight on the 737 today

have a nice one,

Eric

That is a beautiful job on your plane!! Its stunning!

The marked CG on virtually all FW planes is too far forward, its a "starting point" and virtually all of us prefer to move the CG back. "How far back" depends a lot on what you like in terms of the model's performance. For the AL37, try moving the battery back 5mm on each flight until you like it. Don't go back further than that!

I took an airborne video with my AL37 today. It was quite windy, made all the passengers very sick. But I made a perfect landing on one wheel, then the other one!!
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	10-10-2020 Paul and Sparky's Commerical Jet liners in the air 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	280111 Click image for larger version  Name:	10-10-2020 Paul and Sparky's Commerical Jet liners in the air 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	280112Click image for larger version  Name:	10-10-2020 AL-37 solos shot 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	280113Click image for larger version  Name:	10-10-2020 AL-37 solo shot 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	280110Sparky and I were able to share the skies together at our club fun fly this week end....pretty cool airshow

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post

Hi Scale Freak,

what battery capacity are you flying?
                                They indicate a 10min flight time on a 5000mAh package🤔

Regards,

Eric
                                I have 6S 5000 mAh batteries. I am finding that with better throttle management, I am getting up to 4 min with around 35% battery left. I cant see how you would get 10min flight times, so if anyone is please tell me how! I am considering 6000 mAh batteries next to extend the time available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post

I have 6S 5000 mAh batteries. I am finding that with better throttle management, I am getting up to 4 min with around 35% battery left. I cant see how you would get 10min flight times, so if anyone is please tell me how! I am considering 6000 mAh batteries next to extend the time available.
                                  A 10 min flight, even on 6000s, would require very careful throttle management including a partial throttle take-off and slow flying.

Remember - Long flight times may equate to the following:
                                  - Long recharge times
                                  - Reduced battery life
                                  - Not having a safety net at the end if a go-around is necessary
                                  - Increased chance of battery puffing
                                  - Increased chance of going below the 3.3V minimum battery voltage
                                  - Hot battery... and heat is a LiPo killer
                                  - ESC low-voltage motor shut-down

Shorter flight times allow for a more flexible throttle management with some acrobatics and fast passes.
                                  Target a flight time and style that leaves about 3.7 V cell voltage. Safer and your batteries will love you for it.

-GG

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	280391 Thai Airways Suphannahong Royal Barge - inspired by the 777 livery. 6S 6000 with JP Hobby Brakes. Maiden pending at Coachella Valley RC Club, Thermal, CA.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	United 982_ (112).jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	280394Click image for larger version  Name:	United 982_ (111).jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	280395
                                      For safe transport, Reflectix. Total costs $55.

Comment

• AL37 power consumption using in line amp meter. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201013-153524_Message+.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	280406

Comment

• Hi All,

I'm loving all the paint schemes on this AL37, I'm just in the finishing stages of my own (which I will post soon).

Just curious what sort of clear coat sheen levels are people using? Matt, Satin, Semi-Gloss or Gloss?

Cheers Darius

Comment

Working...
                                          X