Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 70mm AL37 Airliner Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third time was the charm, this white matches the stock white almost perfectly. Semi gloss has just a little more shine to it, but you can adjust that with polycrylic on top if necessary.
    Attached Files

Comment

• I never would have thought that my AL37 would have been modified so much but it became a KC-135. I then got more and more ideas which took me to this wild idea that was proven successful today. The newest mod is that I added an F-16 to my Boom and made it look like it was refueling in the air. I hope you all like the pics and video. Video link here https://youtu.be/wD-hzv6mAM0

Comment

• 4923crew that has to be the coolest AL37 Mod to date. Well executed.

Comment

• Here is the youtube video highlighting my successful first flight of my Custom Kc-135 and F-16 Boom flight

Attached Files

Comment

• 4923crew Jeremy, that is way too cool. Can you hook up my 90 mm F-16 as well, that may be the only way I can get a clean flight in! I couldn't tell, but is your boom on a servo that raises up on landing so the poor little F-16 doesn't touch first, or is it on some sort of spring loaded retract?
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That is just too cool!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Wouldn't it be neat if the little F-16 was an unpowered RC glider? Drop it and a second person could fly it to land. I've seem it done with the space shuttle on top of a 747.

Comment

• The PA8 Poseidon took First Place at Top Gun in the new EDF class, cant ask for more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats! Well deserved!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just about have mine finished up! Does anyone have a good method for getting this assembled at the field? It seems really awkward trying to plug in the wings, extend the gear, reattach the wings, etc.

I haven’t read this thread much so go easy on me. Thanks my dudes

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
                        Just about have mine finished up! Does anyone have a good method for getting this assembled at the field? It seems really awkward trying to plug in the wings, extend the gear, reattach the wings, etc.

I haven’t read this thread much so go easy on me. Thanks my dudes

I made a stand out of the box it came in. Using a HOT hacksaw blade, I cut two sections of the box that the fuse lays in. It's the exact shape of the fuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I made a stand out of the box it came in. Using a HOT hacksaw blade, I cut two sections of the box that the fuse lays in. It's the exact shape of the fuse.
                          Wow that’s a really good idea!

Comment

• I made a PVC cradle to transport and assemble at the field. I will take a pic tomorrow and post. It also works with my A-10.

Comment

• I have thrown out so much foam packaging since I started back into this hobby. It's nice to be able to use a little of it in a practical way.
                              Cut out another piece to act as a base to elevate the holding part - glued with foam glue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3764.JPG
Views:	687
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	285141

Comment

• I am fixing to maiden my al37 and I see all of the videos showing battery strapped down about middle of a admiral 5100 carbon pack and battery strap at the rear of the battery plate, when I put at that location, she seem really nose heavy .to make her balance slightly nose heavy. I have hang 3/4 of the battery off the rear of the battery plate, is the plane suppose to fly nose heavy?

Comment

• I got a cheap keyboard stand and 3DP'd an attachment for it, which is wrapped in foam. It gives a nice amount of clearance when assembling at the field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191214_125701.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	285181

Also, wow, can you believe this thing is almost a year old already?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomama View Post
                                    I am fixing to maiden my al37 and I see all of the videos showing battery strapped down about middle of a admiral 5100 carbon pack and battery strap at the rear of the battery plate, when I put at that location, she seem really nose heavy .to make her balance slightly nose heavy. I have hang 3/4 of the battery off the rear of the battery plate, is the plane suppose to fly nose heavy?
                                    How are you holding the plane to balance it? Are you doing it right side up or upside down? It is not accurate or easy to do it right side up. This plane should be held upside down.

Comment

• 3/4” PVC with foam pipe insulation. They work great at the field, just flip the plane over for attaching the wings. Build the cradle tall enough so you can lower the gear in the cradle.
                                      These are approx 30” long the one for my AL37 is a bit longer.

Comment

• Another incredible photo shot by David Hart of the of the EDF class winner at TOP GUN 2020
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• A few more from TG 2020
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X