X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looks great! I hope it does well in the sun.
    Thats my biggest fear, after seeing how some of my other planes have reacted to being in the sun! Love the look, but???

Comment

• Embarrassing maiden!! New nose gear ordered....love this open though...need to watch those bouncy landing...ughhh

Not what I was hoping for on the maiden. I had a terrible landing. These gear are strong, but I am awaiting a new nose gear. Ughhhhh. This plane flew great,...

Comment

• I hope so too, RCJetDude,,, Except for flight time, She WILL be either in the shade or covered. My HSD F-16 is also this scheme, and the paint is holding up very well. I do have to keep a close eye on the cockpit's though. I usually throw a towel over em". Talk about a "Marathon" putting the decals on. I actually have to get a few more, but printed in WHITE, to be applied in the cockpit area. More Decals---Oh My !!!

Comment

• I agree. The artic looks awesome. Re the esc thingy, I had that on my avanti till I calibrated the throttle. Don't know it it will help, but trim all the way down, turn on transmitter, full throttle, plug in battery, reduce throttle to zero after esc initialisation tone (and before menu beeps), it should then arm. Unplug battery and I also turn off transmitter. Wait a sec and then try as normal. Worked for the avanti. But yes also, make sure your throttle channel doesn't need reversing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
            I hope so too, RCJetDude,,, Except for flight time, She WILL be either in the shade or covered. My HSD F-16 is also this scheme, and the paint is holding up very well. I do have to keep a close eye on the cockpit's though. I usually throw a towel over em"
            My plan will be to keep her in the shade whenever she's static, and even a blanket if need be. It's only an issue for me in the Pac NW between July and August when the heat is higher. Haven't had any issues in the Sun when it's been 60's or less.

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Mightywarhoover View Post
              Embarrassing maiden!! New nose gear ordered....love this open though...need to watch those bouncy landing...ughhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlZ...c&spfreload=10
              Chris, nice flight! Sorry to see the bounced landing. It helps us though to see how important that flap elevator mix is. Do you remember how much mix you gave it...was it per the manual, or a bit more down dialed in?

Comment

• I'm playing it safe with my Euro Green as well. So far no issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mightywarhoover View Post
                  Embarrassing maiden!! New nose gear ordered....love this open though...need to watch those bouncy landing...ughhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlZ...c&spfreload=10
                  And man, there's still snow in the mountains? Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Could someone who has added decals to their ordnance please post pics of the ordnance removed from the plane? There are no application instructions included in the kit for this. Also, if you've added your own stencils to them, please provide some close up pics of that as well. Thanks!
                    Look on the Motion A-10 page. Go to the spare parts tab and it shows the weapons set with decals on except for the large yellow ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

Look on the Motion A-10 page. Go to the spare parts tab and it shows the weapons set with decals on except for the large yellow ones.
                      I did see that, and will be using that for help. But was also wondering if anyone has added stencils as well that I would like to copy. ;)
                      Pat

Comment

• After applying the plethora of decals, it's amazing how it transforms the bland gray canvas to something spectacular. This jet, its size, and it's engineering is absolutely incredible, and I sometimes just stand back and think how absolutely amazing it is to be in the hobby these days. An A-10 of this size has a heck of a presence!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          After applying the plethora of decals, it's amazing how it transforms the bland gray canvas to something spectacular. This jet, its size, and it's engineering is absolutely incredible, and I sometimes just stand back and think how absolutely amazing it is to be in the hobby these days. An A-10 of this size has a heck of a presence!
                          Amen to that! It sure has crowd appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            I did see that, and will be using that for help. But was also wondering if anyone has added stencils as well that I would like to copy. ;)
                            TIGRB added some nice markings to his ordnance. It definitely helps make the plane "pop". George, did you post the shot of your plane with the ordnance graphics here or was it on your FB page?

Comment

• I have seen some pics, but I too have a hard time keeping up with where they were posted. Here, RCG, or FB. :Confused:
                              Pat

Comment

• It would have been nice to have some ordnance markings, but Oh Well. I put on enough for now....I, Now present to You "Arctic Thunder":

Comment

• That looks so sweet! I can't tell you how jealous I am that I wasn't the first to paint that livery. LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Wow!! that came out outstanding!!!

Comment

• I still have a few decals to finish up on my Flying Tigers scheme but finally the rain has stoped here in PA and I am going to maiden it tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by buffetbob View Post
                                        T-Cat,
                                        thanks. I did rebind to no avail. Also trim is all the way down. Reluctant to reverse throttle but may try full throttle then I can pull back if all hell breaks loose. Getting new rcvr today so I'll see if that is the cause. Thanks again everyone for the assist.

bob

If the ESC senses full throttle, it won't arm, sort of like what it's doing now. It'll go into program mode.

Comment

• Awesome repaint on the Arctic Thunder!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X