X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
    I believe it was rcjetdude that made the single rail launchers(LAU-117a) for the mavs. Is there any possibility that you could make a set for a small nominal "govt contract" price?????
    Is there such a thing? Just send me a PM and we can discuss it. :)

Comment

• This was exciting to say the least. Close and personal to the real deal.

Comment

• It is always so cool to get next to what you are modeling!!! Very awesome!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
          This was exciting to say the least. Close and personal to the real deal.
          What a great experience! I bet it was exciting!

BTW...yours looks better. :Cool:

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

What a great experience! I bet it was exciting!

BTW...yours looks better. :Cool:

Sean
            The guys and gals at the base thought so too. Mine is more the artists rendition. The painters said it was going to be to much masking for the tail of the devil to go to the back end. So they cut it short. I saw the jet fly in also making a couple low passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
              Managed to get in a couple of early morning flights on mine this morning. Mostly testing the Runcam II that I bought from Amazon. (Of course it showed up on Motion's website about the time mine was delivered from Amazon)
              Using the "G Sensor" setting is not such a great idea as it got a little confused on which way was up a couple of times. I think the video quality is better than the Mobius and with it set to narrow FOV it doesn't bend the horizon like the GoPro and Mobius.
              It's a little long since it was two flights put together but gives a good idea of what the facility looks like at the SRQ Squadron where I fly.

Which model Runcam 2 do you have? Can video recording be shut on and off from the transmitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post

Which model Runcam 2 do you have? Can video recording be shut on and off from the transmitter?
                I have this one. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-60-fps-silver
                Video can't be turned off and on via the transmitter but can turned off and on with your cell phone via the wifi app.
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Did you get a set yet? If not you can have mine. I don't need any money for them, you are welcome to them...
                  Received my nose decals from Tom yesterday, and want to say thank you very much. The one good one I had left I got applied pretty well yesterday. Decided to cut it in half to aid applying it. Now if I dont screw the right side up again applying it lol. Thanks Tom

Edit..., and its on. Calling it good enough. LOL

Comment

• So you guys with the sound systems,have any pics of your install? It sounds great in the air already,but the system would
                    make it that much cooler!

Comment

• Just curious, and dont want to change the subject of the thread, How different is it flying an airplane like this compared to a low wing or a trainer?

Are they very twitchy, way too sensitive? Is the airplane more linear? tends to lose altitude quick if not flown?

I was just saying about the electric because of the overwhelming threads of brushless setups and barely no fuel rc at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                        Just curious, and dont want to change the subject of the thread, How different is it flying an airplane like this compared to a low wing or a trainer?

Are they very twitchy, way too sensitive? Is the airplane more linear? tends to lose altitude quick if not flown?

I was just saying about the electric because of the overwhelming threads of brushless setups and barely no fuel rc at all.
                        To me this A10 pretty much flys like any low wing sport plane. If you can fly a low wing plane,you'll be ok with this. Not twitchy at all and actually flies like it's bigger than it actually is. You can always add some Expo if it feels twitchy to you.
                        I haven't flown many EDFs but this one you need to control the power all the way to touchdown. Not that it's a bad thing,since most planes you're doing that anyways.
                        Frank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post

Received my nose decals from Tom yesterday, and want to say thank you very much. The one good one I had left I got applied pretty well yesterday. Decided to cut it in half to aid applying it. Now if I dont screw the right side up again applying it lol. Thanks Tom

Edit..., and its on. Calling it good enough. LOL
                          Looks good to me Thomas!!
                          And your welcome, glad I could help...
                          Have fun flying that great bird!!!

Comment

• Nice one Thomas and good on you tom. ;)

Comment

I have this one. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-60-fps-silver
                              Video can't be turned off and on via the transmitter but can turned off and on with your cell phone via the wifi app.
                              I'm wondering how the fps on this camera looks for prop driven planes. When I get one, I don't want the backward scimitar look on the propellor blades. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                I'm wondering how the fps on this camera looks for prop driven planes. When I get one, I don't want the backward scimitar look on the propellor blades. Brad
                                It's also capable of 120 FPS at 720P No idea of how it would look on a prop plane though
                                I do have a couple of prop planes laying around. I'll try shooting some (non flying) footage through the prop for you this evening when I get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                  Nice one Thomas and good on you tom. ;)
                                  Nice video Shirty. Love the landings/touch and goes. Smooth very smooth. Oiee, oiee, oiee.?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    Here's a short clip at the 60 FPS mode. May be from the lighting but it looks like the prop disappears to me at the higher rpm range.

Comment

Here's a short clip at the 60 FPS mode. May be from the lighting but it looks like the prop disappears to me at the higher rpm range.

Can't see it. Unavailable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                        Nice video Shirty. Love the landings/touch and goes. Smooth very smooth. Oiee, oiee, oiee.?
                                        Lol cheers mate. We'll make an Aussie out of you yet... ;) was really late by the time it uploaded to YouTube, so I went to bed and didn't post it.

I'll upload the Shirty films version later today, but here's the unedited maiden fellas. Great flyer I'm really enjoying the bird. Cheers.
                                        Ps: what did I win for the slowest maiden from batch 1 motion? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Lol cheers mate. We'll make an Aussie out of you yet... ;) was really late by the time it uploaded to YouTube, so I went to bed and didn't post it.

I'll upload the Shirty films version later today, but here's the unedited maiden fellas. Great flyer I'm really enjoying the bird. Cheers.
                                          Ps: what did I win for the slowest maiden from batch 1 motion? :)
                                          Wow, good job on those landings, you got it figured out that's for sure, no need to come in hot and take out the gear................:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X