Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From all the positive things I read about the Avanti, I guess I will go ahead and build mine. I have not flown for over a year or so after hand surgery but I am ready to hit the field again. I flew the Viper, ME262, F86, SU35, and F18. I should be able to fly this one even with a year off. I hope! I think I will try this one before the T45, which I have had for years now. One does not realize just how important ones hand are until one cannot use them fully. I thank God every day now that I am getting full use of mine hands back. Blessings to all.

Comment

• Glad to hear your hands are coming back for you! Obviously without them there is no RC hobby so good to hear.

The T-45 is a wonderful jet. Heavier than the Avanti as a 90mm scale jet but very predictable in the sky. You won't have trouble with either one of them. Cheers!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
        Yep, almost as bad as those boys waiting on an Avanti Sport Jet...
        This is true. Being a RCG'er I see a lot of complaining over there on waiting for the pre-order. It is a good flying model and hope the ones waiting will be hearing it's shipped someday soon. Out of curiosity, what was the projected due date for this batch?
        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

This is true. Being a RCG'er I see a lot of complaining over there on waiting for the pre-order. It is a good flying model and hope the ones waiting will be hearing it's shipped someday soon. Out of curiosity, what was the projected due date for this batch?

Late June/Early July. Or "Next Week", which of course is this week.

Comment

• Seems like the posting here is falling off a bit. I agree with most of the guys here, the Avanti IS worth the wait. I was in the 2nd group to receive my order. It came in around Memorial Day. All in all the Avanti came in well packaged, and was very easy to put together and set up. Most find that the high rate settings are to much. I use the low rates as my high and I have 2 more lower settings as well. The faster you go the less surface movement you need. For those of you waiting, hang in there, this plane is a blast and a head turner. Will post some pics later.
            Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.......

Comment

• Here are a couple of pictures of my Avanti and its pilots that I added. That shot was taken at my club field a week ago. The next picture is of a modification that I added to my nose gear to take any stress off the base of the strut. Since that photo was taken I have painted all the parts to match the Avanti. Mod came out great and is working fantastic. The mod did not change the CG at all. Enjoy!
              Cheers and Blue Skies to ya!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                Seems like the posting here is falling off a bit. I agree with most of the guys here, the Avanti IS worth the wait. I was in the 2nd group to receive my order. It came in around Memorial Day. All in all the Avanti came in well packaged, and was very easy to put together and set up. Most find that the high rate settings are to much. I use the low rates as my high and I have 2 more lower settings as well. The faster you go the less surface movement you need. For those of you waiting, hang in there, this plane is a blast and a head turner. Will post some pics later.
                I think the posts have fallen off some because we have run out of superlatives to describe the airplane. I will say it again, there is no better foamie arf on the market. I have flown mine quite a bit now, at several fun fly events and my club field. I know of at least 3 people that have ordered theirs and is waiting for this batch to come it. I suspect we will see a lot of chatter once this batch gets into the hands of those that are waiting. Personally, I am anxious as I would love to see a 3-ship of yellow Avantis' over the field.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my Avanti and its pilots that I added. That shot was taken at my club field a week ago. The next picture is of a modification that I added to my nose gear to take any stress off the base of the strut. Since that photo was taken I have painted all the parts to match the Avanti. Mod came out great and is working fantastic. The mod did not change the CG at all. Enjoy!
                  That's quite clever, nice mod!

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my Avanti and its pilots that I added. That shot was taken at my club field a week ago. The next picture is of a modification that I added to my nose gear to take any stress off the base of the strut. Since that photo was taken I have painted all the parts to match the Avanti. Mod came out great and is working fantastic. The mod did not change the CG at all. Enjoy!
                    Did you add the wood because of cracks? Can you still remove the nose gear?

Comment

• An answer for "flyingmyAoff" about cracks.
                      No I did not have any cracks, but found when they assembled the base plate for the nose gear it was lacking enough glue which caused it to raise up on the front edge of the plastic base. So I went in and add epoxy to the area and under the plate. I made a wooden plate for the side wall which is about 3/32 thick to beef it up some then I made my strut brace out of 1/4 inch hard-wood and epoxy it in place. You can still get the gear out with no trouble. It's best to pull the steering servo out as well. Very easy and worth the mod. I'll see about posting more photos. If you run off a grass field, you'll be glad to add this as we all know that all landings are not perfect and not all grass fields are with out their bumps here and there.
                      Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya......

Comment

• Hey! Ron Lake

Glad you liked the mod, hope it is a help to others that may be in need of a setup like this. I will be posting some photos with a closer look at the mod. By the way, the doors still close just as they did from the beginning, I kept all the mod below the edge of the foam and unless you turn it over on its back, no one will ever see the add on.

Comment

• Here are some closer looks of the mod to the nose gear that I made. Everything is painted to match as close as I can get it. The doors close just as they did before the mod. No one will see the mod unless you flip it over and show them. I kept the mod work below the edge of the foam on each side. This mod did not effect my CG, still flies the same with the battery placed in its same location. I may have spent an hour in making the two parts that I used for this add-on. I can post more photos if needed, just leave a post to let me know.
                          Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya........

Comment

• Nice mod. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Nice mod! I added a piece of telco wire around the retract and through the foam with a plastic piece on the top side. It could break the retract but I think the wire will stretch and break first or the foam will rip.

Comment

• Rosytime I had a different model that the pin in the plug was not fully seated. I didn't notice because I did not see it push back. I tugged on each wire and one came out. After clicking it in all the way the servo has worked ever since.

Comment

• I see MotionRc has updated the 3rd round ETA.
                                  • This is Pre-Order #3 for the Freewing Avanti S Sport Jet. The current ETA for Pre-Order#3 is July 19th. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
                                  • Tomorrow is the 19th, hello......... I think they are here and will be soon to ship.....
                                  • Just have to wait and see.
                                  • Who will get their Avanti first in this 3rd round of Pre-order.
                                  • Post post post when you get yours in, want to hear how excited you are.......
                                  Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.........

Comment

• From all the positive things I read about the Avanti, I guess I will go ahead and build mine. I have not flown for over a year or so after hand surgery but I am ready to hit the field again. I flew the Viper, ME262, F86, SU35, and F18. I should be able to fly this one even with a year off. I hope! I think I will try this one before the T45, which I have had for years now. One does not realize just how important ones hand are until one cannot use them fully. I thank God every day now that I am getting full use of mine hands back. Blessings to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                      From all the positive things I read about the Avanti, I guess I will go ahead and build mine. I have not flown for over a year or so after hand surgery but I am ready to hit the field again. I flew the Viper, ME262, F86, SU35, and F18. I should be able to fly this one even with a year off. I hope! I think I will try this one before the T45, which I have had for years now. One does not realize just how important ones hand are until one cannot use them fully. I thank God every day now that I am getting full use of mine hands back. Blessings to all.
                                      You'll be fine with that kind of experience just keep your aileron throws low (about 14mm) for the maiden. Godspeed

Comment

• Just got shipping notification happy days.

Comment

• Me too!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X