• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat thumbs-sorry for the double post
    Time to chill

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      Anyway, never heard back from you about the Tamiya Navy Blue that you used on your Queen's canopy originally and whether it's a good match for our bubble Corsair. Might use it for touch up and to widen the canopy frame between the windscreen and sliding canopy.
      I still am drawing a blank on that paInt Brad. I don't recall ever using that paint...Someone - I forgot who - referenced a page to check on on that build thread...You may need to go back about 15 pages or so and scan for it? Sorry man! Must be gettin' old! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
        Is it me or does the AOI pilot look small in the cockpit? Compair the photos (sorry for the quality) of the Red Bull. Pilot seems to take more “space” in them.
        He looks great. Is he the same size as the “stock”pilot? Maybe just my eyeballs might be off on this.
        Yes like I have been saying in recent posts, the 1/8 scale Aces of Iron pilot sadly is too small for this bird, even though we list this model's scale at 1/8. I am thinking the 1/7 AOI pilot will look much better. I will buy one and check it out for fit before having AkumaZeto paint it for me. Oh well. I am sure I can find a home for the 1/8 pilot somewhere.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I still am drawing a blank on that paInt Brad. I don't recall ever using that paint...Someone - I forgot who - referenced a page to check on on that build thread...You may need to go back about 15 pages or so and scan for it? Sorry man! Must be gettin' old! LOL
          Page 29 Post 562-566

Comment

• Just got my birdcage. I have to say this is so much nicer than my 1700mm fms corsair. The finish is so clean that it's hard to tell its a foamie. The ball links are so crisp, the hinges are so free that the servos aren't fighting against foam hinges. I put my receiver, gps unit, sbus2 hub and e-fuel gauge in it. They are velcroed to the sides. You can't even see them when you look into the battery compartmet. It has to be the cleanest, fastest install I've ever done. I paid $459 for my FMS corsair, this is by far a better value for the dollar than the FMS offering. Especially since the FMS is $499 now. Totally awesome.

just a wonderful model. If it flies half as good as it looks it will be awesome!

Comment

• No I just have to wait until FL comes out with a 1600mm P-51 D so I can Replace my FMS 1700mm Ferocious Frankie! Hint hint, nudge nudge.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Page 29 Post 562-566
                Thanks Hardway! Brad, did you get that?? :)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                  Just a wonderful model. If it flies half as good as it looks it will be awesome!
                  Well you're in luck as she flies 100% as good as she looks! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Thanks Hardway! Brad, did you get that?? :)
                    Sure did my friend. I'll check it out pronto!

Comment

• This is a pilot that I had on hand, I think it is 1/7 scale and seems to be a good fit to the cockpit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                        This is a pilot that I had on hand, I think it is 1/7 scale and seems to be a good fit to the cockpit.
                        Quick reference: Column "A" Bigger usually looks better than smaller even if it's wrong. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	AoI Pilot Sizes.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	175838
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                          Is it me or does the AOI pilot look small in the cockpit? Compair the photos (sorry for the quality) of the Red Bull. Pilot seems to take more “space” in them.
                          He looks great. Is he the same size as the “stock”pilot? Maybe just my eyeballs might be off on this.
                          Maybe a little small but I bet if your raise him up a bit sitting on a higher seat or painted foam he'll look great. I've noticed a very slight size issue with Callie Graphics (no fault of Callie) but this bird is bigger than 1:8, IMHO - I think it's closer to 1:7

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Maybe a little small but I bet if your raise him up a bit sitting on a higher seat or painted foam he'll look great. I've noticed a very slight size issue with Callie Graphics (no fault of Callie) but this bird is bigger than 1:8, IMHO - I think it's closer to 1:7
                            Based on Wingspan..................

Click image for larger version

Name:	FLRC_Corsair1600Scale.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	175845

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

G54..............No, it's actually damn close to 1/8 by the math.

Full size span and length are 492" (41ft) and 404"(33'8")
                              Model is span and length are 63" and 51.2" which is 1/7.8 and 1/7.89 respectively.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• At 1/7.8 we always round up to 1/8. So technically this model is larger than 1/8. Thanks for posting that photo Cws, that proves the 1/7 AOI pilot is the way to go.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The AOI 1/7th scale pilot is what I had in my parts box so that's what I went with. Was pleasantly surprised it was the perfect size.

Comment

• Just ordered a 1/7 AOI pilot having sent to Akuma's house for another paint order...I will have to find a good home for the 1/8 version.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

G54..............No, it's actually damn close to 1/8 by the math.

Full size span and length are 492" (41ft) and 404"(33'8")
                                      Model is span and length are 63" and 51.2" which is 1/7.8 and 1/7.89 respectively.
                                      Ok, thanks for the detail. Maybe my error is assuming the livery is also to 1:8 scale but it's a little larger than other 1:8 scale graphics.:Confused: Oh well.....

Comment

• So I made a couple of scale additions to my Corsairs landing gear and wheels. I 3d printed scissors and disk breaks. I would like to add the folding braces too but I don't think there will be enough space in the wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                                          So I made a couple of scale additions to my Corsairs landing gear and wheels. I 3d printed scissors and disk breaks. I would like to add the folding braces too but I don't think there will be enough space in the wing.
                                          TK, I like it. Are you posting those stl files? Hmm, maybe, if we beg, offer bribes, trades/swaps, mo' monies...? LOL Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X