Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I finally got my Bearcat, got it before Christmas but my wife wouldn't let me work on it until after Christmas. I ordered a couple of Admiral 4000 batteries today cant wait to see how this bird will fly! I do have to finish the rebuild of my FW B-17 since it is taking the workbench space up before I can start on the Cat!

Nick

Comment

• She's an awesome bird Nick, especially with the 4000s

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• That's why I went ahead and got the 4000s every one was saying that it will fly the best with the 4000. I have some 3300 and a 3000 will these work as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          That's why I went ahead and got the 4000s every one was saying that it will fly the best with the 4000. I have some 3300 and a 3000 will these work as well?
          Absolutely! I've even used 2750's but you'd want to add a little nose weight with batteries that light. 3000 and 3300's will work great just check your CG and make sure it's not too far aft.

Comment

• I have some 3600's as well and she flies fine with them, but I can see the difference, not anything huge. Maybe its just me, but the 4000's seem ideal and, of course, that's all I've tried in her. Some of the bigger batteries may be even better. Nothing like a bigger gas tank.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Well I received mine and opened her up, boy is she pretty!
              Then I put her together and tested controls, prop blew apart leaving a nice hole in the wall where a blade decided to nest. Then I get aysymetric Flap deployment centered servos and noticed that the servo that I noticed had red, white, and black wires doesn't center the same as the brown, yellow, and orange one. So I pull the servo and no dice that servo doesn't center like the other and the servo arm either lines up forward of center or aft of center and no matter what I can't get rid of the aysymetric deployment of the flaps.
              The final issue is the control horns. Both ailerons were hanging by the literal thread as well as one Flap horn. Good thing the prop blew I suppose or I'd be looking at a pile of foam. I'll glue them back in, but dang I know I didn't get a lump of coal for xmas.
              Motion has been very good about the prop and I've no issue with them. My Cat musta been built on Friday or Monday because I'm starting to feel it's a lemon in a group of margaritas.

Comment

• Hey Rfenner, first off, welcome to the forum!!
                That's a tough break, but the guys at Motion are the best, so I have confidence they'll get you straightened around.
                Funny how that works because up until this point, there hasn't been anything major, but you seem to get everything, good thing the prop ended up in the wall and not some other place softer like flesh!
                Hang in there and keep us updated on how you make out.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I finally got started on my Cat today have to test the electronics first and figure out the little control box for the radio. I have been searching for the Varathane and it looks like I would have to order some in.

Comment

• I built my second Bearcat this weekend. What a beautifully done model. Everything worked as advertised. I did not use the little blue box. I still prefer my "y" connectors. The decals included were some of the best I have ever received. They went on very easily.

Bob

Comment

I finally got started on my Cat today have to test the electronics first and figure out the little control box for the radio. I have been searching for the Varathane and it looks like I would have to order some in.
                      The only place I could find the Varathane was from Amazon.com My local Home Depot didn't have it and neither did a couple of smaller mom and pop hardware stores in my area.

Comment

• My local Home Depots have carried Varathane for a while now, but not in Matte. However, they are now starting to get Matte in stock instead of just selling it online. I was in there the other day and they said they were getting it any day now. Hopefully they will have it by this weekend.
                        Pat

Comment

I finally got started on my Cat today have to test the electronics first and figure out the little control box for the radio. I have been searching for the Varathane and it looks like I would have to order some in.
                          The box is only for the gear and flaps if I remember right, anyway, anything not coming out of it you have to put directly into the receiver.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Well I got my Bearcat assembled and looks big after getting the wings on it. I wired up my plane with a Y harness instead of using the box. Just have to balance it and get the decals on it!

Comment

• Got my replacement Bearcat today. I might be able to work on it this weekend, but I have a week long work trip on Monday, so it might have to wait. I have the FMS retractable tail wheel and will do the mod to this. I will post a full write up on how to do it when finished.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Rfenner View Post
                                Well I received mine and opened her up, boy is she pretty!
                                Then I put her together and tested controls, prop blew apart leaving a nice hole in the wall where a blade decided to nest. Then I get aysymetric Flap deployment centered servos and noticed that the servo that I noticed had red, white, and black wires doesn't center the same as the brown, yellow, and orange one. So I pull the servo and no dice that servo doesn't center like the other and the servo arm either lines up forward of center or aft of center and no matter what I can't get rid of the aysymetric deployment of the flaps.
                                The final issue is the control horns. Both ailerons were hanging by the literal thread as well as one Flap horn. Good thing the prop blew I suppose or I'd be looking at a pile of foam. I'll glue them back in, but dang I know I didn't get a lump of coal for xmas.
                                Motion has been very good about the prop and I've no issue with them. My Cat musta been built on Friday or Monday because I'm starting to feel it's a lemon in a group of margaritas.
                                We are working with him to get him going, just waiting on some parts to arrive. Once we have them we will get him in the air in no time. As for the different colored wires it relates to one of the Servos being a Reverse Servo and that is where the difference lies.

Comment

• Great news Wayne, of course, anyone who has dealt with Motion R/C has every confidence that he would be taken care of.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• i received my Bearcat yesterday and tonight assembled it. I am totally confused on the wiring and polarity of the plugs going into the control board from the servos. First, do the yellow or white wires when plugged into the control board face inboard or outboard and are they opposite on right and left sides or all one direction? Second--It shows 5 wires coming out of control board to my receiver and I have only 3 plugs coming out---from the right side first is flap, second wire is going to the last output on left to a 3 wire plug marked GEAR, there is no rudder wire, Fourth wire from right also says gear. This all makes no sense at all. How can my receiver send a signal on a single wire to this control board. I plugged in the battery and nothing turns on. Please help so I dont have to return this thing

Comment

• I too was puzzled by this little box but I left it out and used Y harnesses for the gear, flaps, & ailerons and they work fine.

Comment

• Welcome Albrat! This video shows how to set up the blue servo box: https://youtu.be/ltp0VPRJ10g

Comment

• Been looking at these and wonder if theyll fit this Cat

Alloy Oleo Struts Offset with Trailing Link 168mm F8F Bearcat Style (2pcs)

Comment

Working...
                                          X