X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know Motion took good care of me on the B-26 :) This is why they have 99.999% of my RC business and always will :Cool:
    I am not surprised, George. They are simply the best at customer service.

Bob

Comment

• Honestly you could not ask for more. For me to be able to get the parts needed not long after my crash to get her flying again a week after is top notch. My only suggestion is when they are waiting on photos for the spare parts. Have a good discretion of the parts so we know what's included with the parts kits.

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

I am not surprised, George. They are simply the best at customer service.

Bob
        Absolutely, if it weren't for the B-17s they would have 100% of my business ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Flew mine again this morning and over 2 flights, tried to see what it would do when I cut throttle. I expected it to drop a wing and fall but it didn't. It was just a slow decent with aileron authority as it gently descended. Then I flew it at 1/2 throttle (up high) and did some tight turns with lots of rudder input. Again, nothing bad happened. Big loops at full throttle were well behaved. Slow fly bys were very manageable and even slower with full flaps. Landings felt very "light" as opposed to my P-38, which feels "heavy" as it touches down. I don't fear tip stalling nearly as much as when I first started flying it.
          One thing I've noticed is that the big, wide tires are already starting to show wear with only around 10 flights on it (and this is all on grass, albeit some very rough grass).

Comment

• Any changes before hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Any changes before hand?
              "Changes"? (If you are directing the question to me.) Not sure what you mean by changes. Mine is completely stock, with both weights in the tail and the lip at the back edge of the wing back. Still have a noticeable UP elevator trim.

Comment

• Ah ok didn't know if you did any of the mods

Comment

• Had a successful maiden today. Got the CG right after the third flight. My dual battery setup, 4c4000 motor and a 2c1000 rec. Position was 3/4" back for the middle magnets on the canop hatch. And used about an 1/8" elevator trim wiith the elevator shimmed 1/8" at the T.E.

Comment

• Looks great!
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                        Had a successful maiden today. Got the CG right after the third flight. My dual battery setup, 4c4000 motor and a 2c1000 rec. Position was 3/4" back for the middle magnets on the canop hatch. And used about an 1/8" elevator trim wiith the elevator shimmed 1/8" at the T.E.
                        Congratulations, Brent!!! She looks very, very good. Nice video, too.

Bob

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden. OUTSTANDING job on the paint / weathering. :Cool:

Woody

Comment

• Nice Brent. Corey did great and it makes your WOW planes B-26 look amateur both in looks and flight characteristics.
                            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Thanks guys for the kind words. All the effort I put into her was well worth it. Here are a few more pics I took at Apollo on the day of the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                Nice Brent. Corey did great and it makes your WOW planes B-26 look amateur both in looks and flight characteristics.
                                Adam, I'm going to hang the WOW B-26 up and chalk it up for experience.

Comment

• Remaidened yesterday 8-24 with new fuselage. Flew great.
                                  But I still can't figure out these tail weights. I removed both from tail used a 4000/4 battery all the way back and a CG of 70mm.
                                  Based on reports here there is very little in common with other setups. How can the same aircraft be flown with and without the tail weights of such large size?
                                  I also opened up the cowl oil cooler air scoop , underlying foam and plywood motor mount. Giving airflow to the esc and out the wheelwell.
                                  If the tail weights are not necessary then why are they there? Were the motors changed during production to lighter units and weights were already there?
                                  I give up and will just enjoy flying it.
                                  Terry

Comment

• Indeed, that's what it's all about in the end enjoy a great flying model. I'm approximately 65 miles north of the eye of Harvey now. So far everything is ok here. Obviously alot of wind and rain

Comment

• I flew mine today, two nice flights. I added a 2mm shim to the back of the stab (I had already lowered the LE a bit) and now I fly with no up trim.
                                      I'm using no tail weight, a 3600mah battery in the middle of the tray with the balance point at approx. 55-57

I also installed regular wheels. I need to re-attach the nose gun!

Not sure how some of you are doing it with 65 or 70, my feeling is that it is tail-heavy there but... it still flies well. Mine flies really well. No issues at all.
                                      Today I took it upstairs (2 mistakes high) and tried to stall it with the flaps, feeding in more and more elevator. It almost stopped in midair before it gently dropped off to the left.
                                      When I come in to land using full flaps, it just floats in at low speed and I can hold it with the nose up forever.

After all the work it took to correct the various problems, such as reducing the elevator throw and fixing the stab and the wing mounting points (and yesterday I finally got my hatch to lay flush, yaaay), I have to say that this plane is a really nice flyer and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone who's interested. I do like warbirds that fly realistically. This one isn't very fast.... but that is OK.

Here's a pic of it sitting on the table, you can see that the nose is up a little (the nose wheel is slightly larger than stock) - I find this stance helps it take off a little easier especially on grass.
                                      I also feel this is closer to the way the full-size plane sits on the ground.

Click image for larger version  Name:	on the table.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	94252 .
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Any suggestions for compatible tires for B26? I only have a short cut grass airfield or a public park to fly out of close by. I was looking at Du-Bro treaded tires but the width in not as wide compared the Dynam tires on the B-26.

The main gear is 75mm X 33mm and nose is 55mm X 22mm (measurements are approximate):

Du-Bro 3.00" is 76.2mm X 26mm wide
                                        Du-Bro 2.25" is 57.15mm X 20mm wide

Tony

Comment

• Absolutely! Very nice indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                          X