X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony617 View Post
    Any suggestions for compatible tires for B26? I only have a short cut grass airfield or a public park to fly out of close by. I was looking at Du-Bro treaded tires but the width in not as wide compared the Dynam tires on the B-26.

The main gear is 75mm X 33mm and nose is 55mm X 22mm (measurements are approximate):

Du-Bro 3.00" is 76.2mm X 26mm wide
    Du-Bro 2.25" is 57.15mm X 20mm wide

Tony
    I'm using Du-Bro 2.75" treaded for the mains, and a Dave Brown 2 3/8 wheel for the nose. Your suggestions would work well too. I used an extra collar on the inside and cut the protruding end of the axle off using a Dremel..
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I have spent the better of 2 days fooling with the bomb bay on this plane. I finally managed to get it working overall. It still need some tweaking with the radio as well as my razor knife. I know it isn't a scale bomb bay, but I felt that was beyond me at this point. Maybe on the next B-26 I will try the stock type of bomb bay.

It does just fit 2 Adam bombs.

Bob

Comment

• Nice work Bob!
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• To me it looks like all you need to do it adjust the travel when closing, other wise looks good. R.
          AMA 424553

Comment

• Thanks,

Yeah, the travel need to be adjusted and I want to re-do the hinges on one side. Maybe tomorrow I can wrap it and apply the decals. I am just too tired to continue working on it tonight.

Bob

Comment

• Trying to get this buttoned up today. Doing electronics and details... Replaced the elevator servo with a 17g MG from Freewing. Using a CC 20 BEC and added telemetry wires for the flight pack voltage. Replaced the Y and 3-Way connectors in the wings and changed out the aileron extension wires since they were glued and stiff at the connection points. Then used heat shrink to secure them all and get them into a "neat" rat's nest! LOL Opened up the dummy engines to help the ESC's breath. Have to clean up the openings a bit. Then I am going to pull the motors and check the ESC connections and heat shrink them together if possible... May reverse the motor rotation to spin the props outboard.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedDSC_0186_LI.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	94342 On the underside of the wing, you can see how crushed the attachment points were from the mounts breaking loose in the fuselage. Also, the wires were pinched in the saddle too.. I am so glad I took the wing off!! Hope all the issues are sorted out now.... :Drinks:

Comment

• Absolutely, I really think it is an absolute must to remove the wing and do a complete check over.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    Absolutely, I really think it is an absolute must to remove the wing and do a complete check over.
                    Agreed. Better before you fly than later in a "what the hell happened" mode.

Bob

Comment

• As promised here are some pics on the inside of the bomb bay. It is certainly not my best work, but this plane really frustrated me! The fuselage in the area where you will hinge is structurally weak. I will beef mine up a bit and re-hinge them. I will also fabricate some polystyrene doors instead of foam.

It will hold two "Adam Bombs".

Bob

Comment

• Except for some final touch-ups and finalizing the radio stuff, my first B-26 is done. Well, they are never really done, but she is ready to fly once her radio tweaks are done. Her bomb bay will hold two "Adam bombs", but I do plan to modify the bay with some re-inforced hinges and some polystyrene doors... one thing at a time!

Bob

Comment

• Looks great Bob, are those Mustang wheels on the mains?
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            Looks great Bob, are those Mustang wheels on the mains?
                            Yessir. It is what I had at the time. I have the Robarts now and will probably change.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Yessir. It is what I had at the time. I have the Robarts now and will probably change.

Bob
                              I like them, I used them on my HK C-47s.
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I like the way your model looks Bob, really nice job!
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                  I like the way your model looks Bob, really nice job!
                                  Thanks themudduck!

Bob

Comment

• Had some nice flights this evening. I asked a friend to take some video using my phone, then I stitched them together and uploaded it to YouTube. Turned out pretty decent I think.
                                    This was at a short-cut grass field that I fly out of on Sunday evenings.

I really wanted to demonstrate how this bird will snap-roll. It rotates faster than some gas-powered stunt planes that I've competed with. Its so violent that I'm surprised the battery doesn't jump right out of the plane. But it only does this when I force it to do it, with full aileron + elevator + rudder all at the same time.

With reduced elevator throw and the shim installed, it won't snap during normal flight (I did have that problem during my maiden flight however!). The first flight shows a snap into a spin from high altitude, the second flight shows a snap from level flight.

I'm not super-proud of the landings on this video. During other flights I have been able to slow it down considerably, and float in. This time I had absolutely no wind to help. Flaps were down. but on the first landing it didn't flare and I kind of crammed it into the ground (3-pt carrier landing). On the second one I got the nose up and it was a little better. Anyway ... see what you think. Not so bad.

https://youtu.be/Y5WWh5q2xvI

Comment

• Looked good to me. And seemed like it wanted to float longer than you wanted. Like mine did

Comment

• Nice flights and video.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Thanks themudduck!

Bob
                                          Unusual paint scheme. Nothing like having the only one like it. Good luck flying her. Mine is standing down waiting for Robart 2 3/4" mains. Hoping for this Friday. Do a vid and post, please.

Comment

Working...
                                          X