Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1600mm Spitfire is 1/7 scale. Lots of great livery’s at Callie Graphics for sure!

Flew my Robert Stanford Tuck RST three times today. Always a favorite at the field

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28121.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	146510

Name:	9629CE6F-5E9E-4693-BFEA-A18751E6DB94.jpeg
Views:	707
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	146518
    Brought down by ground fire 28 January 1942 ... POW

Name:	28C08B98-6766-4295-A1DB-36B45AAD63AB.jpeg
Views:	449
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	146517

Name:	B02BE4D2-AE29-479D-B851-FB993C9127E4.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	146519

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
      Hey Guys...my Spit is en route! What is the scale for purposes of ordering Callie graphics please? Rob
      Howdy!!! The full size Spitfire has a wingspan of 36 feet, 10 inches (your mileage may vary). The FL model has a wingspan of 63 inches. So 36 feet X 12 inches = 432 inches plus 10 inches = 442 inches on the full scale. Then divide by 63 inches on the model. That gives you 7.015. So your scale is 1/7th!!! :P

Comment

• Hardway, nobody uses that old method anymore!
        This is the one you want...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soUAZR9NAFc

LOL

Comment

• Thanks Guys! RobLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
            Hardway, nobody uses that old method anymore!
            O-T, That is how I was taught, it is really so simple that way. Tango Yuma for the refresher lesson. My 1/7.015 Spittie is due here tmrw, WooHoo! Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
              Hardway, nobody uses that old method anymore!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soUAZR9NAFc

LOL
              Of course!!! I just didn't want to confuse the young and uninitiated.... :Cool:LOLLOL:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Of course!!! I just didn't want to confuse the young and uninitiated.... :Cool:LOLLOL:)
                Hrdwy, I would have expected nothing less of you, sir. Bravo Yuma. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• for you guys going with the 3d printed cockpit, where are you going to get the gauges? I was looking at I fly tallies website but all there gauges are huge 1/5 scale or bigger, I was thinking of sending callie my instrument panel and see if see could make a backing decal to fit the respected gauges.

Comment

• I sent a msg to mrc to see if one of there guys will make a how to video on the cockpit kit, or will someone here make one. thx

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
                      I sent a msg to mrc to see if one of there guys will make a how to video on the cockpit kit, or will someone here make one. thx
                      I will do one, but it will be after Sept 24th... Have to get the B-17G ready for the show on the 19 Sept... Sorry!!

Comment

• Make it happen brother!

Comment

• np hardway, it 's just nice that someone will do a video on it. I got a msg from mrc that there is no instructions and that it looks self explantion. so your video will be wonderful, I don't want to mess it up.

Comment

• A customer just sent me a panel so I could create gauge graphics! Here is a link:

This printed instrument panel is specifically designed to fit behind the Spitfire Mk.IX 3D Printed (3DPUP) Cockpit Set from Flightline - FLW30310910  which can be purchased from Motion R/C here:https://www.motionrc.com/products/flightline-rc-spitfire-mk-ix-3d-printed-3dpup-cockpit-set(only graphics are included, plasti

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	146733Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	146734

Comment

• im getting one of those looks fantastic.

Comment

• Just went to order this plane and I see it is out of stock. Any idea on when it will be back in stock?

Thanks,

John

Comment

• Hey Y'all, I just started the cockpit mod using the Motion RC 3DP parts. There isn't a dash cover so I'll make one to avoid the 'gatoring' under the windscreen. Used an artist paint spatula to ease the canopy off by starting on the lower sides of the 'turtledeck' but as you can see the Flightline glue is formidable; easy fix. The Brit pilot was reluctant to give up his career, but so it goes. No screws just 'yank' 'im out as he is glued to a foam pedestal and is easily removed. The pilot seat and fuse former will need to be surgically removed as well. Save the longeron bit (Balsa or eq I think) or simply make one from something similar. My cockpit kit had an issue with a twist warp on the large bulkhead but figure I can correct that with a little heat. There is plenty of room to add more details for those with the inclination. I will post pics again when there is some progress. No instructions required really, just the guts to remove the canopy; after that, it's self-explanatory by the fit, i.e., rounded edge of cockpit sides go to the rear. If you did not know, Callie Graphics has a photo instrument dial sheet for $4USD. I ordered one and it just hasn't arrived yet. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	147262Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	147263Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0008.JPG Views:	1 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	147264Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0010.JPG Views:	1 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	147265
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Y'all,
                                    Quick PostScript--the seat and gun sight pulled out easily as these are simply glued in place. No damage, no Xacto. lol
                                    Also, I have found these two Spitfire Cockpit websites and not certain if these have been posted before.
                                    Best, LB

1) The Spitfire Site-http://spitfiresite.com/2010/07/anatomy-of-spitfire-cockpit.html

2) 360 View of Spitfire Cockpit-https://www.haraldjoergens.com/panoramas/spitfire-td314/files/

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	147271
                                    Last edited by Elbee; Aug 18, 2018, 09:13 AM.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• Fantastical double approach in the sunset by Spitfires... very artistic image, appreciate Mr. Atzfatz.:spitfire

Comment

• Beautiful!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk...

Comment

Working...
                                          X