Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah cool looking but not too favorable for orientation I would imagine. :Silly:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Call sign Ambush? You’d need an ACMI pod on your starboard rail...

Click image for larger version Name:	0643D272-EBCA-4E9E-B08F-765CC4291464.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	192528
      I repainted my Avanti with that splinter camo, but only on top. Just don't paint the bottom the same. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        I repainted my Avanti with that splinter camo, but only on top. Just don't paint the bottom the same. Lol
        Yeah that's why I didn't paint my Freewing 80mm A-10 the Arctic Thunder camo livery both top and bottom. ;)

Well, that and laziness. LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The laziness pays off in that case. Hahaha

Comment

• Alpha,

On the gray version, will the pilots helmet come yellow as well or a different color?

Comment

It's all about deception right? I remember these false canopies painted on the bottom of Marine F-18s during the 90's. Just a quick look, and it's hard to tell if they're turning into you, or turning away. But, that splinter camo is definetly sexy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1537
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	192636Click image for larger version

Views:	1532
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	192635

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

It's all about deception right? I remember these false canopies painted on the bottom of Marine F-18s during the 90's. Just a quick look, and it's hard to tell if they're turning into you, or turning away. But, that splinter camo is definetly sexy.

Views:	1537
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	192636Click image for larger version

Views:	1532
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	192635
                It's amazing how well it works, ha-ha. I like the false canopy painted on the A-10 underbelly too. Pretty cool!

Comment

• I am so excited for this new jet to come out! I have been a fun of the Blue Angels since I was a small kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                    I am so excited for this new jet to come out! I have been a fun of the Blue Angels since I was a small kid.
                    You and me both! Every summer I look forward to Seafair for the hydros and the Blue Angels...I love the Blue Angel livery and the F/A-18 Hornet so it's a perfect marriage to me. I've been waiting a long time for a New Gen F/A-18 to come out and to see it's available in my favorite livery has me totally stoked! And it saves me some rattle cans, decals and masking tape!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Some guys already talking about LEDs in the vert stab?
                      Planes
                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

You and me both! Every summer I look forward to Seafair for the hydros and the Blue Angels...I love the Blue Angel livery and the F/A-18 Hornet so it's a perfect marriage to me. I've been waiting a long time for a New Gen F/A-18 to come out and to see it's available in my favorite livery has me totally stoked! And it saves me some rattle cans, decals and masking tape!
                        For you it was Seafair and me it was the Abbotsford Airshow with their flight pattern over my house every year. It changed after 911, but I got to them now and this past summer was the first year they were back at Abby in a number of years.

GB

Comment

• I see them as much as I can. I work at KDAY and they were there last year. Got to watch them practice and the main show, had front row seats from our hangar for both.

In 2003 for the Century of flight, KDAY had the Snow Birds, the Blues and the T-birds. Awesome show. I felt bad for the T-birds because after the Blues performed, at least half of the crowd left. I am too much of an aviation geek to leave an airshow early. ;)

Comment

• F18 PNP grey ordered yesterday for me and,......jolly rogers scheme is my favorite.

Comment

• I know the feeling! :Cool:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	JollyRoger3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.6 KB ID:	193029

Name:	pilot2.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	193030
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Very nice Aros...i love them but for my f14 i would like to convert to top gun scheme

Comment

• I'm not sure how I missed it before (maybe it was the small smartphone screen I was watching the video on, ha-ha), but after watching the Q&A video again regarding this F/A-18, I noticed the threaded horizontal stabilator pivot shaft for machine screws. Now THAT is a welcome addition. I never minded the previous aircraft in the line-up with stabilators where the screws would simply bite into each flat notched section of the shaft. However, I much prefer the added security of the new design. I was wondering when that would be added over-time to Freewing's designs, and now we have it.

Comment

I'm not sure how I missed it before (maybe it was the small smartphone screen I was watching the video on, ha-ha), but after watching the Q&A video again regarding this F/A-18, I noticed the threaded horizontal stabilator pivot shaft for machine screws. Now THAT is a welcome addition. I never minded the previous aircraft in the line-up with stabilators where the screws would simply bite into each flat notched section of the shaft. However, I much prefer the added security of the new design. I was wondering when that would be added over-time to Freewing's designs, and now we have it.
                                    A lot of the next/new gen stuff is totally understated yet appreciated by folks like you. I have seen amenities from our models in recent months that really makes a difference but not necessarily in a big splash kind of way, every time. It's the little things that go a long way I have found.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

A lot of the next/new gen stuff is totally understated yet appreciated by folks like you. I have seen amenities from our models in recent months that really makes a difference but not necessarily in a big splash kind of way, every time. It's the little things that go a long way I have found.
                                      I completely agree. I love seeing details that may be small, but pack an impressive punch. It shows smart engineering and attention to detail. That goes a long way with me. Over time I've seen aspects like EDF hatch access tabs to make for easier removal, servo arm access pockets/cutouts, plastic leading edges, larger and easier operation of canopy locks/latches, intelligent use of a mechanical means of landing gear door operation, attention to detail during painting such as emitting paint on areas of foam that requires it to be glued, improved ducting, quicker assembly.......and the list goes on.

It always makes me smile seeing the advancements and it's easy to appreciate the work that goes into the development of RC models. I feel fortunate to be in the hobby, especially now. It's a ton of fun. :Cool::Smug:

Comment

• Couldn't agree more my friend! I get these models and I am as happy and giddy as anyone, marveling in the latest tech...It's incredibly rewarding to see all the hard work, planning, engineering being brought to life for our customers...And yes I am a customer too even though I am an employee! I love our product and I am proud of it and proud to stand behind it.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I always thought that the F/A-18 super hornet (E & F) being larger, more powerful engines etc was faster than the legacy (C & D). After talking to my friend who flies Cs ans Ds with VMFA-312, he said they would drag race with the the navy supers. He said down low, the super can out accelerate the legacy but the super has a lot more drag so its drag wall is at a lower speed. So the the Legacy would catch up to and pass the super. He also said the acceleration of the super up high was on par with the legacy but the legacy's top speed was still higher than the supers. He said was envious of the super's fuel capacity and payload though. He said the supers didn't have to hit tankers as often as he did. The other interesting point he said was the legacy is more maneuverable and the flight control software is modified by the Blue Angels. That cannot be done with the super. So when the Blues transition to the supers, they will have to modify the show routine to fit the super's performance envelope. Just some interesting points.

Comment

Working...
                                          X