Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One flight each of the Simple Scout, Air Hooterville, and a maiden flight each on the Flite Test Storch and Mustang. I'm not sure we could have asked for a nicer day out at the field.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	67725AFF-C985-4A84-A15A-D9DEDE786FD7.jpeg
Views:	407
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	244118Click image for larger version

Name:	19C62A1E-FE9A-4401-97A0-35FCB5A333FB.jpeg
Views:	380
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	244117 Determined to fly today, I try to start the CX-7 to turn around and load a few planes. No start...
      FML

Comment

• Is that a bird nest built atop the battery?

Comment

• That's more like a mouse nest. Zoom in an ya can just make out the rice shaped turds.
          Pretty common event here in the northeast when the little critters are seeking shelter/warmth during the colder months
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Packrat nest, then. They can be a real problem here in Southern Arizona. Little pests chew stuff up pretty bad as well, which may not bode well for F22's car wiring.

Comment

• Had to get out this mornin for a few, so I headed to the field to spend a little social distancing time. Burned a couple batteries in each and went well... until my final descent on the P-51. The descent was pert good actually, I just got a little too squirrelly on the ruder after touchin down. Headed off the runway into some weeds and busted the little plastic hinge tab thingy off the strut cover. No biggie though.. all good fun!
              Last edited by BluesDragon; Mar 24, 2020, 04:11 PM. Reason: kant spel rite
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• All in good fun, BluesDragon! At least you got to get outdoors today!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                  Had to get out this mornin for a few, so I headed to the field to spend a little social distancing time. Burned a couple batteries in each and went well... until my final descent on the P-51. The descent was pert good actually, I just got a little too squirrelly on the ruder after touchin down. Headed off the runway into some weeds and bust the little plastic hinge tab thingy off the strut cover. No biggie though.. all good fun!
                  Ah, nice to know someone else has that problem, my FMS birds snap those all the time, the dang pins need to be metal!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Ah, nice to know someone else has that problem, my FMS birds snap those all the time, the dang pins need to be metal!!

Grossman56
                    Same here. I've resorted to making that little pin out of CF rods and expoxying about 3/4" length along the top section of the piece. Seems to hold pretty good.

Comment

• That's kinda what I had in mind. Except I'm more of a 'clip a piece off the big paper clip and epoxy it on there' kinda mod guy. lol Replacements are backordered for a few months, needless to say, so I figured I'd give a try.
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        All in good fun, BluesDragon! At least you got to get outdoors today!
                        Yeah, so far we're not on lock down here. Although we've been holed up for a week already and I can't seem to get the wife to understand this 6' social distancing thing! So I snuck out to the field pretty early.
                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Snapped the same gear door pin on my durafly trojan, a few times actually

For my repair, I cut a section away, and used acetone to weld a 3D printed ABS replacement to the gear door, which also appears to be ABS.

Comment

That's kinda what I had in mind. Except I'm more of a 'clip a piece off the big paper clip and epoxy it on there' kinda mod guy. lol Replacements are backordered for a few months, needless to say, so I figured I'd give a try.
                            Thinkin it'll do just fine.. will know better once it cures.
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I'm locked down. The field may be open, but I don't want to risk it. So happy fun build season. We normally get to fly year round so there's not a lot of time to work on projects.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a Maxford DH-2 Airco that I set aside a year ago.

I replaced the heavy steel wire with beading wire and did some other things to scale it up, like stitching on the fuselage, some details around the engine hatch, and shrouding the wire gear in wood.

The big question is what do I do once I clear out the back log?

DH-2 Airco

Comment

• Whoa, a DH-2!! One of my favorite pusher biplanes, it's such a unique looking bird. I'm glad our hobby can be enjoyed both indoors and out.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Had to get out this mornin for a few, so I headed to the field to spend a little social distancing time. Burned a couple batteries in each and went well... until my final descent on the P-51. The descent was pert good actually, I just got a little too squirrelly on the ruder after touchin down. Headed off the runway into some weeds and busted the little plastic hinge tab thingy off the strut cover. No biggie though.. all good fun!
                                  I take it you’re spending time at SVF - good club. Set out to visit Costco Park yesterday, until I got grounded by rodents...

Comment

Thinkin it'll do just fine.. will know better once it cures.
                                    Because I had so many of these doors laying around, I actually found one that was damaged at the other end, out with the saw and cut off the good top about 1/2" down and used it to replace the top of a door with a damaged pin. Lucked out with that. I've resorted to gluing metal pins as well. I grabbed the last doors that Motion had as well. Has anyone tried 3D printing these doors??

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I take it you’re spending time at SVF - good club. Set out to visit Costco Park yesterday, until I got grounded by rodents...
                                      Yeah, it really is a good club. I'm really enjoyin flying out there and gettin to know the members. Haven't been down to the park in a while now. Been tryin to stay self contained at home, but find if I get out there by sunrise, I can have the field to myself before too many pilots start showing up.
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Because I had so many of these doors laying around, I actually found one that was damaged at the other end, out with the saw and cut off the good top about 1/2" down and used it to replace the top of a door with a damaged pin. Lucked out with that. I've resorted to gluing metal pins as well. I grabbed the last doors that Motion had as well. Has anyone tried 3D printing these doors??

Grossman56
                                        I did do the backorder on replacements, but figure this will do for the time being. The diameter of my paper clip is a tad smaller than the plastic pins, so it doesn't seat perfectly with the retracts up. Just a tiny bit loose. Still.. works for now though. I did shave away the whole faux plastic pin so my makeshift pin would sit same in its place.
                                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• RC Castle has stock for these strut fairings on most of the different models of the 1.4m P-51. FMS themselves has stock on a couple of them. They may not be the exact paint scheme you want, but they can be painted to suit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X