Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'll, Got to like those Prusa Elves. Phantom 1/12th 600 gallon, centerline tank designed by DirtyDee via Thingiverse. Thanks again, C! :) Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by poochies View Post
      Can anyone with the grey version see if there’s supposed to be the red sections that go between the white rays on vertical stab , I have the white rays and the bottom red half circle just find it strange they didn’t include all
      the rays , especially since the red half circle is there .. thanks ! I was going to paint it all red then add the white rays .. but thinking the red will be too dark with white decal over it ...
      I don't have the red rays either. I also don't have the eyes that go above the shark teeth, the black that goes on the top of the nose cone, or red for the wing tips and elevator tips.
      Today I wasn't able to figure out how the shark teeth (in 2 pieces) are suppose to fit on the nose. I'll try again later but if someone can show a detailed picture of how they did theirs, that would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Hey Y'all, Empennage painting, shading, and assembly continues slowly, though getting there. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	975
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	172244Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	965
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	172245
        Fantastic job LB!
        What colours did you use to achieve the heated metal look on the tailpipes?

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
          Fantastic job LB! What colours did you use to achieve the heated metal look on the tailpipes?
          MH, The exhaust nozzles are 3DP printed in black ABS. I airbrushed flat steel to about 80% coverage on the outside. For the burnt metal look, I used flat brass for the brownish tones, gloss purple and clear blue for those tones. I added a flat black at the tips. I thinned all of these to the consistency of water using low-pressure and a fine nozzle on my airbrush. The interior of the nozzles is airbrushed with burnt iron followed by the 3 colors listed above but not applied in a ring just misted in an up/down motion. I like that look better as it is a bit more realistic. I will add more silver color with flat aluminum to soften the colors and weather with a black wash to finish. The F-4 nozzles are not really burnt-colored in this way, but I think for a model the effect is pretty cool. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Ya'll, Got to like those Prusa Elves. Phantom 1/12th 600 gallon, centerline tank designed by DirtyDee via Thingiverse. Thanks again, C! :) Best, LB
            Hi LB,
            Do you have a link to this centerline tank? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
              Hi LB,Do you have a link to this centerline tank? Thanks!

PN, here you go. :Smug: https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...05c4123b9dea67 Check out all DD's neat stuff. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

PN, here you go. :Smug: https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...05c4123b9dea67 Check out all DD's neat stuff. Best, LB
                Thank you!:Cool:

Comment

• I received an email response from MRC today about the decals and this is what they had to say.

Hi Harry,

We were informed a couple weeks ago about the missing "eye" decals on the sheet, and Freewing is currently working on a fix for that. We have not yet heard what that will entail. The model's tail needs to be painted red, and then the white decals applied over that. The red sun center is extra and not needed. The intake walks and anti glare panels will also need to be painted. I have submitted your misspelling error to them as well. Once the issues are corrected we will be in touch.

Best Regards,

The misspelling error is; one decal has "oppusite instead of opposite"

Comment

• White decal over red paint is wrong on two accounts. First making you paint it and second the red bleeds through the white. They should paint the stab or a totally ready to use stab should be a option. I think this is the first plane they have they tell you to paint something to get the box art livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      White decal over red paint is wrong on two accounts. First making you paint it and second the red bleeds through the white. They should paint the stab or a totally ready to use stab should be a option. I think this is the first plane they have they tell you to paint something to get the box art livery.
                      Totally agree on painting issue... I had the Camo version... I masked off my stab and airbrushed it for the Sundowners.
                      I noticed when the gray ghost was announced with just the Marine livery the main question came to my mind was... do the customers have to prepaint anything? I seen or heard nothing until now. Just saying.

Comment

• I have to agree as well. I am a little disappointed that I have to paint the tail and the nose to get the livery advertised. I would not mind buying a pre painted tail like they offer for the F-16C.

Comment

• I am just very thankful that these come without the Decals applied !! So many things wrong with the Factory applied/supplied Decal sheets, wrong Sizes, wrong Colors wrong Layouts...

Rudder is done. Another ECM Pod also. Cheers

Comment

• For what it is worth - here is the layout sheet provided with the grey version. Its only 8 1/2 X 11 with not much detail. Again the bar and stars shown on the bottom wing is incorrect. It should be on the bottom of the right wing.

Comment

• VMFA-531

I will be paying close attention to the size and color of those Stars'n'Bars on these Phantoms, The Color of the Vertical Fin and Different Ghost Figures for the particular Aircraft I'm gonna be modeling !! I'm kinda glad they left off the Paint on the tail on mine. Some very nice examples out there. Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	172963

Comment

• GoonieBurner and RudderTab install complete !!

​​​​​​

Comment

Great find LB! Thanks Leon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                                    Great Jet. Flies very well. I prefer a lot of room whenever I fly this one. Keeps all the pieces together that way !! Cheers !!
                                    I am laughing hysterically! Such a great job on those gear doors! Did you make your AIM7's?

Comment

• Originally posted by LDreier View Post

.. .. . Did you make your AIM7's?
                                      Thanks,..

Nopey,.. Sparrows are FW 90mm F-16C parts I think. I've opted for that Foamie consistency all around on this one as opposed to 3DP'd Parts !! Plenty of boxes and bins of Foamie Ord laying around here to work with and shape into ECM Pods and stuff. This Jet was well GatorJet when I picked it up Sooooooo, the texture of that Foam stuff remains useful. Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Thanks,..

Nopey,.. Sparrows are FW 90mm F-16C parts I think. I've opted for that Foamie consistency all around on this one as opposed to 3DP'd Parts !! Plenty of boxes and bins of Foamie Ord laying around here to work with and shape into ECM Pods and stuff. This Jet was well GatorJet when I picked it up Sooooooo, the texture of that Foam stuff remains useful. Cheers !!
                                        Great job on the AIM7's! Again, love the main gear doors!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Hi LB,
                                          Do you have a link to this centerline tank? Thanks!
                                          Here's the link: (Thanks again to DirtyDee)

Comment

Working...
                                          X