X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
    I had a chance to complete the gear doors on one side of the jet and have all the parts made for the other so it shouldn't take too long to do. Plus I won't have to stare and scratch my head as much. :Confused:
    Tom
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw7...ature=youtu.be
    Looks great! I am going to try to do the same to my Raptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Looks great! I am going to try to do the same to my Raptor.
      Thanks Dart! If you have any questions when you get to yours please ask. Has your damaged wing been replaced yet?
      Tom

Comment

Thanks Dart! If you have any questions when you get to yours please ask. Has your damaged wing been replaced yet?
        Tom
        It is on the way! Should be here by Wednesday. In the mean time, did a wheel swap and am moving the nose gear back to the scale position. Will also be shortening the nose gear doors so that they aren’t so massive.

Comment

• What wheels are those?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            What wheels are those?
            90mm F-16 nose wheel, FMS P-51 mains.

Comment

• The P-51 tires look great but wear really fast. I fly off pavement.. may be better if grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post

Let us know because your a seasoned pilot. Been here alot longer than me.
                Easy on the seasoning!
                Turns out it was the lead from my receiver to the Aura8 AFCS. All is good now.

Tom

Comment

I had a chance to complete the gear doors on one side of the jet and have all the parts made for the other so it shouldn't take too long to do. Plus I won't have to stare and scratch my head as much. :Confused:
                  Tom
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw7...ature=youtu.be
                  Clean job....would love to listen to how you did it? What material are the doors made of and what type of hinge? Where's the servo located?

thanks.

Comment

• Anyone found any paint that matches the underbelly? Still wondering...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Main gear outer door 3DPup files are now available at this link.
                      Hi, is it possible to re-scale it to larger size so that it will cover the whole wheel well?
                      And an addition of redesign of the pre installed inner gear door would be great too to cover the gear bay.

Comment

• One down, one to go....

Comment

• Superb, as usual Steve!

Comment

• Fantasy scheme, IDF F22 slowly coming along...

Comment

• Probably gonna leave this one bone stock as much as i can, aside from addressing the possible nose gear reliability issues.

Comment

• I am going total bone stock and will report my findings by next weekend. ;)
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I am going total bone stock and will report my findings by next weekend. ;)
                                  Findings of? Gear door?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    One down, one to go....
                                    Steve, that setup is far superior to the 3dpup supplied by MRC. I knew it would look much better with the servo arm to the inside. Just wish the stock door covered up more of those holes in the gear bay. You wouldn't have holes like that in a P-51 or F4U so why would you have them in a modern day Stealth fighter for god sake? Anyway, it's looking much better for sure!

Comment

I am going total bone stock and will report my findings by next weekend. ;)
                                      I would have done the same my friend but figured, since it was the building season, I might as well do some mods. Working on the functional canopy and cockpit upgrade currently. Waiting for the led afterburner from R C Geek. Will probably also do the T V and slime lights when I get to it. Dang!! Can't even start putting the plane together "til all this other stuff is done. Wish it came with all this.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Steve, that setup is far superior to the 3dpup supplied by MRC. I knew it would look much better with the servo arm to the inside. Just wish the stock door covered up more of those holes in the gear bay. You wouldn't have holes like that in a P-51 or F4U so why would you have them in a modern day Stealth fighter for god sake? Anyway, it's looking much better for sure!
                                        The servo horn on the outside as designed is a much simpler setup than what I did and for the vast majority of people I think is fine. I really appreciate Alpha taking the time to make this stuff available to us. Part of the joy of this hobby is the ability to make changes and there is more than one way to make things work. For him to take the time to design the part and then determine how best to make it work and then to build it up and try it out is phenomenal! The plane is already released and I am sure he has other things he is working on for us to enjoy. The plane was designed to be a great flyer and likeness of an F-22. It is not scale but I am extremely happy with it even down to the extra outer gear doors that don't completely cover the wheels, the lack of lights and no TV. I am somewhat of a scale nut and I easily get so caught up in some detail that I over complicate it. As time has progressed I have found that I end up getting to enjoy a plane less and less as a result. Right now I just want to fly but every now and then a plane comes along that makes modding easy such as the Raptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The servo horn on the outside as designed is a much simpler setup than what I did and for the vast majority of people I think is fine. I really appreciate Alpha taking the time to make this stuff available to us. Part of the joy of this hobby is the ability to make changes and there is more than one way to make things work. For him to take the time to design the part and then determine how best to make it work and then to build it up and try it out is phenomenal! The plane is already released and I am sure he has other things he is working on for us to enjoy. The plane was designed to be a great flyer and likeness of an F-22. It is not scale but I am extremely happy with it even down to the extra outer gear doors that don't completely cover the wheels, the lack of lights and no TV. I am somewhat of a scale nut and I easily get so caught up in some detail that I over complicate it. As time has progressed I have found that I end up getting to enjoy a plane less and less as a result. Right now I just want to fly but every now and then a plane comes along that makes modding easy such as the Raptor.
                                          +1

I look for scale features as long as its available and do able without too much extensive effort, meaning functionality takes precedence (electrical and mechanical feasibility), then scale comes second. For example, there is NO excuse for a 2 bladed P47......Zero None zip, there are definitive ways to get around this issue as there are plenty of prop sizes around to accommodate most cowl sizes and wingspans. A P51 would be trickier due to the ratio of the spinner to cowling footprint with matching 4 bladed prop. Goal for me always is to reach as close as possible to what scale can be with what parts are available on the market.

For someone without 3d "4d, 5d ....whatever D" printing abilities, this is a fun and interesting way to go about making a model more accurate towards what may be but Really, there is nothing out there that can be 100 percent scale, which makes me think WHy bother? Ill just go with what is being rolled out especially the modern modern kits spanning back past 2 years ....these molds are already done fairly well, and for the amount out of pocket spent, i just dont want to mess with it anymore.

This is not to say what you guys out there doing your magic is a waste of time, its not. But just something not for me.

Now here is the punch line i will sound like a total hypocrite .....in a way
                                          If its a warbird which I feel is under powered, unless its a bomber ill leave it alone.... if its a fighter... you can be more than sure..... it will be suped up with a motor at least one or two sizes above the current size required with a proper looking prop...the challenge is to find the correct parts from various manufacturers to make it happen, and when it works, its very fulfilling....fly with my chest sticking out at the field like king kong!

Comment

Working...
                                          X