X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

This isn't 100% perfect but it is certainly good enough for small dings and hangar rash touch up work.

Click image for larger version Name:	colormatch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	357276
    Thank you...

Comment

• Evning flight with my F18. Did make LE flaps to be able to fly high alpha approach/ landing like the stock one. Click image for larger version

Name:	Freewing F18 Blue Diamond.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	357989

Comment

• rms, Great looking Hornet. Your LE Flap mod is outstanding. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The Flyin' Toaster rolls on

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 4.45.13 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	358253

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 9.20.27 PM.png
Views:	546
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	358268

Comment

• Another wing scrape landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDiOk3Rv1I

Comment

• Got to film this recently... lucky me!

Comment

• Is there a place or someone out there that would print off these cockpit 3-d parts and sell them for this jet?
                  (Cockpit Set: Freewing F-18C Hornet 1/11th Scale Electric Ducted Fan Radio Control Jet)

https://www.printables.com/model/821...1th-scale-elec

I am detailing my f-18 but do not have or any access to a 3-d printer.
                  Or does some place sell this or a like cockpit set for these jets?
                  planning on using the 1/10 scale JHH full body pilot

thanks

Comment

• Elbee
                    Elbee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JC, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir.

Look up "The RC Geek". https://www.facebook.com/thercgeek/

Chris provides 3DP printing services at a cost. He advertises here at the Squawk, I think, and on FB of course.

Best, LB

• Originally posted by InTheTubeDeep View Post

Today, 09:35 PM
                  Jeezus I thought MotionRC thread was not like RCG, snowflakes walking on eggshells! Unreal, who gave you the authority to unilaterally pull my videos off because you have an opinion that differs with a vast majority of RC pilots??? Even RCG never pulled a video based on flying location or incursions in my runway!! LB you have surpassed RCG in this pretty outrageous- and btw it shouldn't matter one iota whether you consider the beach an unsafe area to fly, please repost my video thanks

Click image for larger version Name:	GBA TN.png Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	349607
                  It truly is sickening to hear little karen snowflakes so concerned with situations they dont have a clue about. Life is dangerous and thats what makes it so wonderful and precious. Fly where you want and screw anyoe who has a problem with it. I personally have kicked the crap out of someone who got in my face flying helis. I was all alone and these douche thought his dog ****ting aall over the grass was more important than me flying ,y heli. After spraying his spit all over my face and aalmost causing me to crash i decided to dive bomb him with a 700 size heli. I landed and he threw a hand full of gravel on my 4k heli as it was spinning down. before he could say anything I beat the snot out of him. Called the cops an got him charged with disorderly conduct due to my hat camera filmimg everything. I also got him in court for 2k.

Comment

• No attitude there.

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ED, 'Res ipsa loquitur'. Best, LB

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    No attitude there.
                    That's an understatement. Seems to be a lot of that lately. Just another one to ignore.

Comment

• Yeah, typed out a post about violence, anger, calling the other pot black, blah blah and decided to not post it.

Comment

• Well, FWIW, the dog owner acted like an idiot. Whatever you do, even if you are in the right, NEVER EVER molest someone flying an aircraft, let alone a 700 sized heli.
                        THAT is dangerous in itself.

If you want to make a point, approach the pilot after he lands, never during flight. Such idiots have it coming their way.

Comment

• I just got this jet and so far imho its the worst jet ive flown. Slow and lethargic. THe books cg at 88mm is nott right, ive gone back as far as 110mm but still the same behavior. Ive tried gyro on and off but behavior stays the same. IM using a new 6s 5000mah top tier battery along with the freewing 130 amp esc and 90mm 12 blade 190kv freewing inrunner motor. Im at the my end of patience with this jet. I thought it would be much faster and lively with the reviews but mot impressed. Only thing good about it is it lands super easy cause its such a slow cadillac. I would like to know where people are centering their flaps for normal flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                            Well, FWIW, the dog owner acted like an idiot. Whatever you do, even if you are in the right, NEVER EVER molest someone flying an aircraft, let alone a 700 sized heli.
                            THAT is dangerous in itself.

If you want to make a point, approach the pilot after he lands, never during flight. Such idiots have it coming their way.
                            Hey bud as you can see im not liking this jet. Its a slow lethargic hippo. Any suggestions on this. Ive rung it out every which way, moved my cg back past 110mm and behavior doesnt change.

Comment

• My red LED burned out. I can't seem to find an replacement under the replacement part on the MotionRC site. Any recommendations for a replacement? Has anyone replaced either nav lights? It doesn't look very easy.

Comment

• salali < to remove the LED, simply lift up a corner of the clear plastic cover and peel it off. You can easily reglue it with "kit glue". Finding a replacement Red LED might be more difficult. Motion RC doesn't really carry direct replacement bulbs, though you could use any of the red LEDs from any other replacement set available from motion I would think. I believe the RED LED's are 4 volt, but you can measure that from the "Blue Box" out put for the NAV lights. I bought Clear LED bulbs on eBay some time ago, but not certain about red. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• How badly do you want to replace just the one red light? You can get this kit for about 20 bucks ......................
                                  Aircraft Navigation Lighting System from GT Power - GTPNAVAIRLED Complete LED navigation lighting system for your model aircraft up to .60 size. The GT Power LED Lighting System consists of eight bright LED lights, a control board with power lead, and clamps for securing the LEDs to the fuselage and wings of your aircr

It contains 1 red solid LED, amongst all the others. Taking the cover is easy like LB said and even changing the bulb is not too bad. No need to yank out all the wiring. You pull out the dead bulb with whatever wiring will come with it. Cut the wiring near the buld (mark which is + and -). Take the new bulb and cut it with some wire hanging from the bulb and it's a simple job of a light solder onto the old wire ends. Stuff it all back in and secure the bulb the way the old one was (hot glue works). Put the cover back on AFTER you test it.
                                  The other possibility is to find someone who crashed his F-18 and is willing to extract the bulb and mail it to you. Shouldn't cost that much to mail it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post
                                    I just got this jet and so far imho its the worst jet ive flown. Slow and lethargic. THe books cg at 88mm is nott right, ive gone back as far as 110mm but still the same behavior. Ive tried gyro on and off but behavior stays the same. IM using a new 6s 5000mah top tier battery along with the freewing 130 amp esc and 90mm 12 blade 190kv freewing inrunner motor. Im at the my end of patience with this jet. I thought it would be much faster and lively with the reviews but mot impressed. Only thing good about it is it lands super easy cause its such a slow cadillac. I would like to know where people are centering their flaps for normal flight.
                                    That doesn't sound right.

Of course a jet like this is not meant to be a speed demon, but the F-18 is pretty fast, and it doesn't like to land slow, so your review has me confused.

So, you are running the stock "high performance" 6S 1900kv EDF, correct?
                                    It should be running a 9 blade EDF, not a 12 blade one so check that out, did you make a mistake or are you running the wrong rotor?

What timing have you set up on the ESC?

Define 'top tier battery' (brand and model, number of cycles and battery age).

Also, what altitude are you flying at?

​What sort of runway do you operate from?
                                    By any chance, has your rotor been damaged by from ingesting gravel or grass?

Are you sure you are talking about the Freewing F-18?
                                    If so, I don't see what do you mean by 'flaps centering' since the flaps can only deflect down, so there is not much tuning to be done with them.

And unrelated, but I think speed is the least interesting parameter by which to judge a foam EDF.
                                    Personally, I think hunting for speed is kinda pointless and boring, but to each their own... if that's what you enjoy, then, nothing to say!

( :

Comment

• Originally posted by salali View Post
                                      My red LED burned out. I can't seem to find an replacement under the replacement part on the MotionRC site. Any recommendations for a replacement? Has anyone replaced either nav lights? It doesn't look very easy.
                                      I have used the “GT Power” led light set in many of my airplanes, they are bright and have not burnt any out.

Comment

Working...
                                      X