• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Do!.👍

Comment

• finishing up my new 90mm f-18 hoping to see it on the live shows one day

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolandquiet2013 View Post
        finishing up my new 90mm f-18 hoping to see it on the live shows one day
        CQ, great looking repaint and livery, Sir.

If you want a shot at the live show, post your pictures to that thread: "Share Your Pictures for the LIVE SHOW" or something like that.

Also, weather permitting if your bird is completed, take some snapshots outside in a setting that enhances the airframe.

That helps get a favorable response from the powers that be.

Best and good luck, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the info might be able to get some outside shot soon

Comment

• I’m going through thread trying to find where folks are putting CG. Stock is 88mm I know but how far back are folks going? Going to maiden my f18 on 8s soon

Comment

• I have mine at 95mm but some go back as far as 110mm, not sure how they measure it though or wheels up or down. I measure wheels down. I have mine on 8S too. Fun plane and flies very smooth.

Comment

• Mine is also 8S but it got finished just as winter hit, so I've not flown it yet. I always start with the recommended CG in the book and change it after the first flight if it doesn't feel right for me.

Comment

• 90mm CG and I fly on 9s (6s + 3s 5000 packs). I'm using Freewing's V2 8s motor (1350kv) with the Spektrum 120a 6-12s ESC. I think I'll get a couple LiHv (4.36v) packs from SMC and fly it on a true 8s setup. The standard 8s setup at 4.20v is better than a 6s, but it's just ok for me. The extra cell from the 9s gives me a similar flight time, with much better performance out of the 1350kv motor. Give it a shot if you're feeling crazy and wanting to push your 18 over 135mph.

Comment

• Here’s a quick vid of my 18

Comment

• Looks like it flies really nice. Did you add thrust reverse?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Looks like it flies really nice. Did you add thrust reverse?
                        Sure did. I added the Spektrum 120a, 6-12s ESC. When combined with the AR8360T and my IX12, it enabled me to forward program reverse onto Ch 9 (Aux 4). Significantly reduced landing rollout. I had to shave out some foam to fit the larger ESC, but if I had discovered SMC batteries earlier, I likely would’ve never made this update. Pics attached.

I also flew it with two SMC 4s 6200mah LiHv batteries… AMAZING!! SMC batteries are the new GOAT in the battery industry. The 4.36v charge instead of the standard 4.20v is game changing. It’s like turning a 6s or 8s power system into a 7s or 9s setup without updating the ESC.​
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, indeed. HV is the way to go now. When I need batteries, those will be the only ones I buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                            Ooops, what a major oversight! :Scared:
                            Here is the revised design. Btw, the rectangular plates between some of the outer bolts appear to be not standard. I've looked at some pics and there are none of these.
                            HUD parts are prepared as well.

@ Steve (RCjetdude): I assume you will be getting your hands on your F-18 sooner than me (ETA late June over here). Would you volunteer as tester for the hub caps?

Click image for larger version Name:	F-18 Hub Cap Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	193896

Click image for larger version Name:	F-18 HUD Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	193897
                            Hi There,

Does anyone know where to get (also buy if necessary) the main wheel covers for the F/A-18?

thank you

Hajo

Comment

• Originally posted by Hajo77 View Post

Hi There,

Does anyone know where to get (also buy if necessary) the main wheel covers for the F/A-18?

thank you

Hajo
                              HJ, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Do you have access to a 3DP printer? I have my STL Wheel Cover file for that part. I do not print and sell parts.. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi Elbee,

Yes, i do have a printer :) Was just looking for the file. Been browsing this thread for a long time as I am just about to finish my F-18 :)

Best Regards

Hajo

Comment

• Originally posted by Hajo77 View Post
                                  Hi Elbee,

Yes, i do have a printer :) Was just looking for the file. Been browsing this thread for a long time as I am just about to finish my F-18 :)

Best Regards

Hajo
                                  Here you go!

Happy landings
                                  Frank
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you so much Guys for the quick help!

Happy flights!!!

Hajo

Comment

• Great performance from those SMC LiHv batts. Topped out at 128 mph on 8S 5300 packs, but hit 140.4 on 9s 5000mah SMART Lipos

Comment

• Nice flight and video!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Everything comes to an end eventually. Sad...My favorite F jet!

KOMO 4 TV provides news, sports, weather and local event coverage in the Seattle, Washington area including Bellevue, Redmond, Renton, Kent, Tacoma, Bremerton, SeaTac, Auburn, Mercer Island, Bothell, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mill Creek and Everett.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X