X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

I would imagine graphite lube like they use for pinewood derby cars would be better than oil. The fuselage is a big hollow drum so really resonates sound. Perfect for the addition of a sound card and some speakers for the real turbine sound!

There is lots of room at the CG to accommodate a sound system!
    I'm already getting spool up .wav sound samples for the Mr RC Sound Aspire module.

Comment

• We saw a positive response to the How It's Made article we produced earlier this year for Model Aviation magazine and also linked on our website's Knowledge Blog. In that same spirit of giving our customer family a continued look behind the scenes, here's a fun video exhibiting some of the flight limit testing we conduct on all our birds, whether it be a parkflyer warbird all the way up to a big scale airliner.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        We saw a positive response to the How It's Made article we produced earlier this year for Model Aviation magazine and also linked on our website's Knowledge Blog. In that same spirit of giving our customer family a continued look behind the scenes, here's a fun video exhibiting some of the flight limit testing we conduct on all our birds, whether it be a parkflyer warbird all the way up to a big scale airliner.

Was just coming here to share it. The man never sleeps

Comment

• Originally posted by S.W.Warbirds View Post
          Going out on a limb and thinking this plane just might be Motions biggest selling plane yet.
          I agree...
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I agree...
            Indeed , would be interesting to know if the 1st shipment is near to be completely sold .

ive gone mine on order , but I would love to see a turbo prop airliner like a Q400 dash 8
            Attached Files

Comment

• I get such a kick out of guys who love these RC models and it turns out they fly the real thing! It always reminds me of the time I was just finishing up flying, putting my models back in my car when this older gentleman pulls up and starts ooohing and aaaahing over these little foam models of mine. After a minute or two I asked if he had any flying experience and he said "I was a captain flying the 747 for over 30 years." Just dumbstruck. Love this hobby!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Not sure if you guys can answer this but it’s sheer curiosity.
                What has sold more, the plain version or the complete?
                How many come over on a shipment?
                Are you close to selling out that shipment?
                How long has this plane been in the works?

Comment

• I can't disclose all the details for competitive reasons, but suffice to say we are very grateful for our customer family's very strong support of our first airliner. We've got lots coming in the first batches, not many left, and about a break even between base white and decaled versions. We worked on this bird for quite some time in various stages. As I'm apt to say, "Something for everyone", and we're proud of continuing that path to engage a wider base of hobbyists. Off the top of my head, in just the past 12 months, we've released:

A 1.6m super scale warbird
                  A scale helicopter 450 PNP series
                  A 90mm 5th gen fighter
                  Announced our Balsa expansion and added gas engines
                  A 70mm F-35
                  A Repaint for our popular L-39
                  An 80mm/90mm legacy Hornet
                  Two pocket warbirds including a never before released D.9 Dora
                  Launched our Admiral series of electric motors and expanded into accessories and adhesives
                  Launched our Xwave series of retracts and electronics
                  Launched our Skynetic brand with a trainer glider and the Havok Racer
                  A twin 70mm Airliner

And the year's not even over yet!

Comment

• You guys have certainly been busy! I hope I can finish my second He-111 before the airliner arrives!!!!

Bob

Comment

about a break even between base white and decaled versions.
                      I had to check back at the "poll": https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...an-to-purchase
                      ---- Which indicated a 9:1 in favor of the base white. So ......................... what do you think happened? People voted with their hearts but when it came time to buy, their brains took over or visa versa? Kinda makes one consider that such a poll was not much value.

Comment

I can't disclose all the details for competitive reasons, but suffice to say we are very grateful for our customer family's very strong support of our first airliner. We've got lots coming in the first batches, not many left, and about a break even between base white and decaled versions. We worked on this bird for quite some time in various stages. As I'm apt to say, "Something for everyone", and we're proud of continuing that path to engage a wider base of hobbyists. Off the top of my head, in just the past 12 months, we've released:

A 90mm 5th gen fighter
                        A 70mm F-35
                        Launched our Admiral series of electric motors and expanded into accessories and adhesives
                        A twin 70mm Airliner

Thanks for some insight
                        awesome job turning out an exciting variety. Can’t wait to start painting this thing. Looking forward to the a-10 after

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I had to check back at the "poll": https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...an-to-purchase
                          ---- Which indicated a 9:1 in favor of the base white. So ......................... what do you think happened? People voted with their hearts but when it came time to buy, their brains took over or visa versa? Kinda makes one consider that such a poll was not much value.

There's always a mismatch between polls and preorders, the question isn't if but by how much. We make adjustments based on history, and altogether we're encouraged at the rates for both versions of the AL37. No complaints here!

Comment

There's always a mismatch between polls and preorders, the question isn't if but by how much. We make adjustments based on history, and altogether we're encouraged at the rates for both versions of the AL37. No complaints here!
                            Hey, I'll help you with the numbers when I order the "plane Jane" one. BTW, I never voted in that poll. I really don't believe in polls.

Comment

I can't disclose all the details for competitive reasons, but suffice to say we are very grateful for our customer family's very strong support of our first airliner. We've got lots coming in the first batches, not many left, and about a break even between base white and decaled versions. We worked on this bird for quite some time in various stages. As I'm apt to say, "Something for everyone", and we're proud of continuing that path to engage a wider base of hobbyists. Off the top of my head, in just the past 12 months, we've released:

A 90mm 5th gen fighter
                              A 70mm F-35
                              A twin 70mm Airliner

And........hopefully an entrance into small Turbine-Ready aircraft . Something for everybody .

Comment

• How can it be a “Break even” on both? The white Jet has been on its second pre-order for over a week now.

Comment

• Hello All,

Good dialogue here. I pre-ordered the plane a few weeks ago. I haven’t purchased a new plane in a at least 3 years. I’ve seen a few models that I’ve liked but passed on the opportunity. But without hesitation I added this to my cart and paid quickly. Awesome looking plane.

I’ve flown the 737-400/700/800/900 for Alaska Airlines, and now for American Airlines. I was able to fly the Max a dozen times or so. I just received the American Airlines sticker set, which looks like it’ll be awesome on this plane. Batteries are ready to go. Looking forward to getting this model in the air...!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwhite1911 View Post
                                    Hello All,

Good dialogue here. I pre-ordered the plane a few weeks ago. I haven’t purchased a new plane in a at least 3 years. I’ve seen a few models that I’ve liked but passed on the opportunity. But without hesitation I added this to my cart and paid quickly. Awesome looking plane.

I’ve flown the 737-400/700/800/900 for Alaska Airlines, and now for American Airlines. I was able to fly the Max a dozen times or so. I just received the American Airlines sticker set, which looks like it’ll be awesome on this plane. Batteries are ready to go. Looking forward to getting this model in the air...!!!
                                    Mwhite1911 Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Mwhite1911! Wow, another airline pilot. I take back what I said earlier about only have two airline pilots in our customer family. It seems now there's at least five, and probably more lurking out there but not posting. I look forward to seeing your final livery applied and hearing your feedback after a few flights on this model next month.

Comment

• Mwhite1911 , Welcome to "the Squawk". Glad you're on board, Sir. Looking forward to pictures of your al37 build. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Mwhite1911 Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Mwhite1911! Wow, another airline pilot. I take back what I said earlier about only have two airline pilots in our customer family. It seems now there's at least five, and probably more lurking out there but not posting. I look forward to seeing your final livery applied and hearing your feedback after a few flights on this model next month.
                                        Oh there are a lot more than you think :)

Comment

• Just placed my order for 2. YAY! The windriders were fun, but I'm sure the Freewing version will be everything us windrider guys had always wanted! I hope to be able to use some parts from my windriders to make a "proper" Next Generation 37 without too much modding (tail, winglets, maybe engine nacelles).

Comment

Working...
                                          X