X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cayman one View Post
    Thanks guys for the information do I need to clear coat after applying the rustoleum 2x paint,and I’m assuming that my callie decals will adhere to the spray paint with out a problem,by the way this is my first foam plane
    Heli143, clear is probably more personal preference than anything on a foamy.. Not required, but some people prefer it. Your base coat put on at Freewing is what it is and anything you put over it is not going to improve too much aside from aesthetics.
    Your decals will work great on the paint and you can clear over them if you choose to.
    Good Luck!
    Steve

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0284.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	238715
      Couple of odds and ends left to do to the fuse. Next I'll be looking at the wings to see just what I want to do to them. This thing is really big and I really have to take extra care to avoid hanger rash.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• MikeT, looking really good so far! These airliners are such fun projects.

Comment

• Thanks for your reply I bought the rustoleum 2x gloss white today hope to to spray the fuselage next week weather permitting,love to see all the awesome planes especially the AL37 Airliner hope to show mine in the future when it’s done

Comment

• Hey Mike T did you paint your Airliner white or is that just the freewing base coat , nice machine

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman one View Post
              Hey Mike T did you paint your Airliner white or is that just the freewing base coat , nice machine
              I left the stock white and worked over it. I touched up any of the white lifting with Model Master Classic White. It was a "close enough for goverment work " match.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Okay that’s cool I just want mine to be a very glossy white so I’m contemplating whether to spray it.

Comment

• Custom painting boeing737 max8
                  (EASTAR JET AIRLINES)

MAIDEN FLIGHT & painting VIDEO LINK

Comment

• Originally posted by JAIHA KIM View Post
                    Custom painting boeing737 max8 (EASTAR JET AIRLINES)
                    JK, Firstly, beautiful work on your AL37. Liking the livery. Secondly, Welcome to 'The Squawk". Glad you are here, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Evening pictures of my Custom AL37/KC-135

Comment

• 4C, Outstanding build and beautiful pictures, Sir. Living on the east-side of ICT, your pictures are a common sight sans the mountain range, LOL. Looks 1:1 from where I sit. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks guys

Comment

• Looking good !

Comment

• Wow that pic with the mountain tops on the background it looks like a full scale aircraft. Great work!
                              Roy Mayoral

Comment

• 4923crew

What paint did you use for your KC-135?

Comment

• Hi,

I am new to this forum, so wanted to say “Hi” to everybody first.

I chose this particular topic to congratulate the folks at Freewing.
                                  What a beautiful design.

I sincerely hope that its success will encourage them to come up with other commercial planes.
                                  I am not “ there yet”, but hope to fly one of these in the near future.

Jay

Comment

• jlinsobe Welcome aboard and we are glad you are here!! You will do great flying!! Blessings! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                                      4923crew

What paint did you use for your KC-135?
                                      I used Rustolium Automotive Primer, its then covered with the Rustolium matte clear coat.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jlinsobe View Post
                                        Hi,

I am new to this forum, so wanted to say “Hi” to everybody first.

I chose this particular topic to congratulate the folks at Freewing.
                                        What a beautiful design.

I sincerely hope that its success will encourage them to come up with other commercial planes.
                                        I am not “ there yet”, but hope to fly one of these in the near future.

Jay
                                        J, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great sentiment and glad you've joined us. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Welcome jay this is the place to be if you’re in need of information everyone here is so helpful. high five guys ..

Comment

Working...
                                          X