Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks I’ll do that tomorrow, I’m excited to test fly it but we’re under lock and key here also, yours looks sharp,soon I’ll post some pics of mine

Comment

• You grease that landing good job is she hard to slow down for landing it seems you came in hot

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman one View Post
        You grease that landing good job is she hard to slow down for landing it seems you came in hot
        Thanks for the compliment Cayman! No, it'll slow down nicely for landings.
        I just got back in from another 3 or 4 flights this evening and it is such a nice plane on take offs and landings.
        I use full flaps for take off and she'll clime out slow and scale like. I like 1/2 throttle on take off because it looks more to scale.
        Good luck with yours. Your gonna love it!

Comment

• Ok sounds good what are your rates set at are you using high or low rates I’m thinking of going 50% on the expo

Comment

Ok sounds good what are your rates set at are you using high or low rates I’m thinking of going 50% on the expo
            I fly on mid rates setup according to the instructions. I don't use expo on this big bird except on the rudder servo for better ground handling after a landing. I use 50 or 60% expo on my other jets but they are a lot more snappy. The AL37 is a bit more cumbersome.
            I use full flap on take off and very very little elevator. Let it clime out on it's own. Unless you like full throttle take offs, then you can climb like a 787!.

Comment

Hey guys do I balance my AL37 airliner upside down or right side up below the wings, also what's the estimated safe flight time using the 6000mah 60c battery.
              Cayman one
              i balance mine upside down on the CG mark on the wing and it’s always perfect I’ve flown it on admiral 5000 and 5100 carbon also RC Jetwerx 6000 all balanced right on that mark and it’s perfection. That being said there’s a guy at the field that moves his cg back and dose some crazy high Alpha passing lol

Comment

You grease that landing good job is she hard to slow down for landing it seems you came in hot
                Definitely will slow down more but the wind was shifting all over the place that day. Speed is your friend on days like that. We have a 500ft runway why not use it 😉 that being said on a nice day this will slow to a crawl and with flaps out and gear you can loose speed fast if you want to. I actually prefer a steeper approach with this bird.
                happy flying.
                as always flying is better with friends

Comment

• Thanks for all the information guys I really appreciate it, I’m excited to fly this cat but my conditions here are different from the nice fields that you all have I’ll be using a marl strip about 125 feet long, or I’ll do a early morning flight from the paved road in my area before the traffic starts to move,we just don’t have a proper club and flying field here but I’m working on trying to get it going correctly, when I see the runaways that you guys are using man I feel so sad wishing we had half of the worse one to fly on.

Comment

• Once I get her trim out properly then I’ll probably install a gyro that I have so she flies smooth as the real thing,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_142955.jpg
Views:	1449
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	250191 For those of you who don't like the terrible sound the wheels make when landing, get a length of 3/16 x .014 aluminum tubing. (Precision Metals #1111). Drill out the wheel hubs with a 3/16" drill bit and press in a 3/4" length of tubing. Grease the axil and slide the wheel back on.
                      Bingo! The horrific noise is gone.
                      Happy Flying!

Comment

• Hi all,

anyone know where i can find the set of lights sold separately for this model?

Fred

Comment

• Has anyone tried to do a cabin light modification yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_142955.jpg
Views:	1449
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	250191 For those of you who don't like the terrible sound the wheels make when landing, get a length of 3/16 x .014 aluminum tubing. (Precision Metals #1111). Drill out the wheel hubs with a 3/16" drill bit and press in a 3/4" length of tubing. Grease the axil and slide the wheel back on.
                            Bingo! The horrific noise is gone.
                            Happy Flying!
                            TriFlow does the trick with out any disassembly.

Comment

• Has anyone got the Home Depot numbers for the stock white color ?

Comment

• hey guys, what a bunch of great schemes, the size of this plane came to mind while I was shopping for a new work stand, I just bought one like this( without the wing supports) but that sure seems an ideal set up for this monster, the seller did me a favor, so I thought I'd throw out a plug.

Name:	stand.PNG
Views:	974
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	252474

Comment

• Wow looks nice but that price.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Name:	FEDUP.PNG
Views:	791
Size:	456.9 KB
ID:	252970 Mine just shipped and was one of three in stock. I couldn't get one plain white. Is it possible to remove the applied decals without removing the paint?

Tom Click image for larger version  Name:	FEDUP.PNG Views:	0 Size:	456.9 KB ID:	252969

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

Name:	FEDUP.PNG
Views:	791
Size:	456.9 KB
ID:	252970 Mine just shipped and was one of three in stock. I couldn't get one plain white. Is it possible to remove the applied decals without removing the paint?

Tom
                                      If it's the same paint process they've been using since the beginning - not likely.

Comment

• And .................................................. ............................................
                                        IT FITS!

Name:	IMG_3597.JPG
Views:	735
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	253340Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3598.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	253341

Comment

Name:	20200501_162901.jpg
Views:	1214
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	253486 I don't have flight video yet but the maiden of the "Maiden" went great. 😁

Comment

Working...
                                          X