Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just as impressive as your MiG, piloti modele ! I like the pitot details and wipers. Are those 3D printed, or did you create them from small pieces of plastic?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thack you!
      From hand-made plastic pieces.

Comment

• Comment

•  

Comment

• Urrrl, great video, love all the effects you added. Lots of fun watching!
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Rebuilding my AL-37 from a battery connector failure. Had to replace the fuselage. I tried spackle on the fuselage seam last time and it didn’t work out too well because I noticed small cracks in it. The provided tape doesn’t look too good either. Anyone have any tips to share on how they addressed the seam? I’m thinking of doing an American Airlines silver bird version. Silver is notorious for showing poor workmanship.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                Rebuilding my AL-37 from a battery connector failure. Had to replace the fuselage. I tried spackle on the fuselage seam last time and it didn’t work out too well because I noticed small cracks in it. The provided tape doesn’t look too good either. Anyone have any tips to share on how they addressed the seam? I’m thinking of doing an American Airlines silver bird version. Silver is notorious for showing poor workmanship.
                I use the paint I am using on the fuse and paste on a strip of gift box tissue paper as it is thinner than the tape they include. Then I paint over the tape. You can get the gift paper from Target or Walmart. But the seam must be aligned well all around before the job. I can still see the seam but it is better than the tape.

Comment

• I just left the seams alone. Adding graphics now. Will clear coat before assembly .
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I put on that stupid tape. Couldn't get it on straight all the way around and ended up with creases in it. I guess when it's in the air, nobody can see it anyway. If I were to do it again, I'd leave it off, too. Maybe get some matching paint and paint the seam. I'd also do a "Harlequin" scheme. Remember the old VW Rabbit? It had a different color on every panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harlequin1-2400-1024x768.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	276209

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      I put on that stupid tape. Couldn't get it on straight all the way around and ended up with creases in it. I guess when it's in the air, nobody can see it anyway. If I were to do it again, I'd leave it off, too. Maybe get some matching paint and paint the seam. I'd also do a "Harlequin" scheme. Remember the old VW Rabbit? It had a different color on every panel.

Now that's a rabbit of a different color!
                      Best regards,
                      Cris B.
                      AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                      NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I put on that stupid tape. Couldn't get it on straight all the way around and ended up with creases in it. I guess when it's in the air, nobody can see it anyway. If I were to do it again, I'd leave it off, too. Maybe get some matching paint and paint the seam. I'd also do a "Harlequin" scheme. Remember the old VW Rabbit? It had a different color on every panel.

I don't remember the Harlequin scheme. My first car was a Rabbit but it's primary color was rust and Bondo.

Thanks for the tips all. Many more methods that I hadn't thought of to consider now.

Comment

• Just my opinion but you can only do so much with these foam planes. Hard to get rid of the foam look (gatoring). You could spend countless hours coating the surface and sanding to improve it but you just going to add weight.
                          I just gave the plane a light sanding and sprayed one coat of white and waited 3 days to mask and spray the blue. It looks good from 10ft and will look even better on low slow passes down the runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                            I finally got a few planes built and assembled for a few others. Now I can spend the rest of the week on my AL-37. I have got the fuse together and started dome of the painting and installing Decals. I hope to have it done this week end if I do not have to go out on call. Looking good so far

Name:	TPright.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	271883Click image for larger version

Name:	image_60719.jpg
Views:	1088
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	271870
                            Fantastic paint scheme !!!!!

Comment

• Hello,

is there a way to switch on the wing landing lights, without the need of extending the landing gear?
                              this would dramatically increase the effect when doing a fly by, without the requirement to extend the gear.

Regards,

Eric

Comment

• Finished flight 6 on Saturday. this things flies really nicely, have to admit. Came in a little hot one landing and it bounced, not high, but it was about 2 feet off the ground and 25 ft before it settled down again, the fact that I still had about 1/3 throttle may have been a factor. lol Chopped the throttle during its bounce, kept the nose up as it settled and it responded beautifully.
                                The biggest complaint is the 3 min goes by sooooo fast. most times taxi in at the 3 1/2 - 4 min mark and between 18 and 30% battery remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post
                                  Hello,

is there a way to switch on the wing landing lights, without the need of extending the landing gear?
                                  this would dramatically increase the effect when doing a fly by, without the requirement to extend the gear.

Regards,

Eric
                                  Look at the "blue box" and see where that light is plugged in. The provided legend should tell you what all the light ports do. Just pick the one that will keep the light on all the time. (You may need a "Y".)

Comment

• My puppy likes to drive ...🤣
                                    He doesn't accept another position 😜✈️

Comment

• I didn't like the antennas that were flat and plastic so I 3D printed the antennas and also the broadband antenna. I also printed exhaust cones as well. If anybody is interested in the antennas and exhaust let me know, i will print them and post pictures so you can get an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedrick View Post
                                        Hello,

Regards,

Eric
                                        I liked this so i checked it out. The landing lights are powered through the ribbon cable. Easiest bet would be to unplug it from the circuit board inside the wing connector and extent that through to the spare lighting ports on the MCB-E.

Comment

• Hello,

Getting ready to maiden mine.
                                          just checked the CG, and find that the indicated CG, on top of the wing, is quite conservative....
                                          Does everybody flies on this balance point, or do we move it further back?

My experience on the Avanti is that I could move it more than an inch backwards.
                                          Curious to hear your feedback.

Regards,

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                          X