X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
    Hey, you know, I really like the really great "fake fowler" hinges that the AS37 flaps use. I could use those on another project - so I went checking under the "spare parts" page and found the Motion doesn't sell the hinges in any of the plastic part sets.
    I has a sad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_150009.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	288082

And its kind of aggravating as well. I would prefer to buy them from Motion. Would any of you know of anything similar that I can find, or perhaps 3D print? Any of you care to create a 3D-print STL file for these? Looks like no one on Thingiverse has bothered making anything similar yet, but perhaps there's something similar hiding in a different place.
    You can get those on Ali Express, Banggood, Amazon, Hobby King,... they are all from China, including the Motion RC one ;)
    look for RC flap hinge
    US $7.50 | Flap Hinges Part for Dynam 8940 T28 Trojian RC Aircraft Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Taboaco View Post

You can get those on Ali Express, Banggood, Amazon, Hobby King,... they are all from China, including the Motion RC one ;)
      look for RC flap hinge
      US $7.50 | Flap Hinges Part for Dynam 8940 T28 Trojian RC Aircraft Hobby
      https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0juFyN
      Well thank you very much, that's very helpful. I appreciate it!
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I have a bit of a question. I have currently done my al37 in the P8 colors by Callies, and online with the P8 being a variant of the NG series I have decided to try and graft a pair of Windrider 737 CFM56 style nacelles onto my Al37.
        I already have a spare set of nacelles from my windrider collection and the general idea is to graft the plastic attachment box into the windrider nacelles.
        but upon closer inspection it seems that the only thing on the al37 nacelle for support is that plastic box that doubles as a hidden chanel for the motor wires. The rest of the nacelle support is EPO, now the WR737 uses a slightly different approach they have a plywood rib running the length of the nacelle hanger and the wires are run through the back of the engine/thrust tube and up into a channel in the wing.

So my main concern is the strength of the nacelle itself, on the AL37 is there any other nacelle support or structural strength other than the epo and the plastic box, or is that is. I would like to know before cutting my al37 nacelles up

Comment

• I have already started glassing my AL37. The Elevators and the rudder are glassed already. The cap is glassed and primed. The hardest part is to get rid of the white paint on the parts. A pitty that there is no foam only version available, would save me a lot of time :D.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandh0812 View Post
            I have already started glassing my AL37. The Elevators and the rudder are glassed already. The cap is glassed and primed. The hardest part is to get rid of the white paint on the parts. A pitty that there is no foam only version available, would save me a lot of time :D.
            Nice, instead of glassing you could take the molde and make all fiber model

Comment

• Originally posted by Taboaco View Post

Nice, instead of glassing you could take the molde and make all fiber model
              I think that‘s beyond my abilities :D

Comment

• Hey, I pulled the nacelles off to do some maintenance. Look at what happens after just one run on a grass field. (the flight was from a few weeks ago and the grass has turned brown)

The blades are not damaged. Its easy to clean and important to get it taken care of before it does cause damage!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grass in fan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	290193
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Alcohol

Comment

•  

Comment

• Well here is the Delta 737 Max Widget.
                      I think I'm about done other than adding the flag and N numbers and all that's left to do really is fly her.
                      I could paint the nose black and the belly silver but I consider myself lucky up to this point having not pulled any of the base white finish off.
                      I was extremely careful applying the graphics but I really don't ever want to do this job again... lol... and this comes from someone who used to paint and apply graphics professionally...
                      Callie did a superb job on the graphics as always!
                      I assume anyone else that wants the AL37 in this Delta Widget livery, Callie now has the decal files from this project.

D.A.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful graphics and excellent job applying them. I hear ya on not wanting to press your luck with the nose and under belly paint!

Comment

• Well done! Looks great...Good luck on the maiden although I hear you won't need it as this jewel pretty much flies herself.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks for the nice comments fellas!
                            Here are some pics of the process.
                            It was as this point after applying the right side decals, and knowing I still had to do the left side and vertical stab, that I wanted to jump off my balcony...
                            I use a small squirt bottle with water and few drops of dawn dish washing soap mixed in to spray the sticky side of the decal so you can float the decals into position and the use a plastic card to squeegee out the water from under the decal.
                            Don't rush removing the decal application paper as it take s a while to dry so you can remove the backing easily and don't lift the decal from the surface.
                            Also is a photo of the paint I had matched at Home Depot- scanned the blue on the decal.
                            I gave Callie the RGB values for Delta Blue and she matched the color perfectly. The paint match was close but we had to add a bit more black to match the decal.
                            I think this is as close as we can get to a match.
                            Another gentleman on this thread posted the Boeing Gray color code that I used for the wings
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys, for anyone that has crashed their AL37 I am looking for both the left and right engine pod mounts that are in the wings for a project I am building. Willing to pay for them and postage.

Let me know if you have them! You can't buy just those unfortunately..

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

• So has anyone modded one of these to look like a Boeing 707 yet ? 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                                  So has anyone modded one of these to look like a Boeing 707 yet ? 😎
                                  Maybe not quite a 707 but someone here did a 4 engined tanker, even had a little F-16 stuck to the refueling probe. A 707 would need much different looking nacelles and a thinner fuse.

Comment

• Fuselage diameter of 737 and 707 is same. 148 inches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swarick View Post
                                      Fuselage diameter of 737 and 707 is same. 148 inches.
                                      Is it a longer plane? Maybe that's why it "looks" thinner.

Comment

• Ordered this bone girl and just waiting for FedEx to get it here to Az. Bloody week! Killing me especially since I paid the extra $10 shipping. Really was hoping to have it this week... while I'm off work...to fly this weekend but....Noooooo(John Belushi voice) damn holidays!
                                        So...may be posting here soon but I've been reading some posts. Good info!
                                        Now...I need to get the typical airline chime audio file for me transmitter! Maybe the safety announcement too...lol.

Comment

• Tell me about it! I'm at the point where I'm thinking about trading in my 2016 Malibu for a new Traverse! Was considered the Blazer but I'd get 30sqf more cargo in the traverse than the Blazer for $1k less sticker price. The moment you know your hobby might just be getting outta hand! Lol! I can fit my Eflite F16, A10 and either F18 or Flite Test Guinea Pig in the Malibu now which is pretty impressive really. But this AL37.... its gonna be pushing up through to the center console! 🤪😁

Comment

Working...
                                          X