X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
    Callie shipped out my graphics today! It's a bit windy today, but I'm itching to get this thing back in the air. I just can't believe how much I like the AL37. I am extremely surprised. Such a great flyer.

I can't say enough good things about this plane.
    406Pilot I may come up this Spring there are a few good friends of mine I haven't seen or flown with for a year or so. Chris, Earl, and Clay to mention a few. I will bring my AL37 with. they are an awesome flying Bird. You will love the graphics from Callie I have ordered many from them. I am going to Sun City and Phoenix for two weeks this month to see my Sister and my younger daughter, I do plan on going to the june flyin too.

Comment

• Glider Guy, yes as a full size licensed pilot I am aware of the flap angles and lift/ drag relations. That being said, our models have disproportionate amount of thrust to weight that overcomes a lot of the drag at mid flap settings. Its an experiment for sure, and only true real world testing will prove this theory right or not. As for stall speed, the decrease is more than a little when you compare no flap stall to full flap stall speeds, ever seen a Dash7, or a Buffalo do an approach with 40 deg flap, at speeds matching a C172 on final, its awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post
        As for stall speed, the decrease is more than a little when you compare no flap stall to full flap stall speeds, ever seen a Dash7, or a Buffalo do an approach with 40 deg flap, at speeds matching a C172 on final, its awesome!
        I agree, but what I stated was that stall speed doesn’t decrease a lot from 10-15 degrees and full flaps. Not as much as one would expect. It’s a non-linear relationship.....flap angle vs stall speed.

Said another way....flaps mainly increase the amount of drag when extended beyond 10-15 degrees. It will be a good experiment to try regardless.

On topic of the AL37....I got finished and plan to maiden tomorrow. Light winds are forecast all day.

-GG

Comment

• GliderGuy, Hope it goes well! I'm just waiting for the snow to go and then the field to dry out, if its not a stupid wet year again like last spring, I should be out in about a month or two. I envy those who can fly pretty much year around. lol

Comment

• Someone at the field got this cool picture while doing a slow fly by.

Comment

• Update....Perfect weather today. Maiden went well. I will attempt to wear it out today!

Flies great. Flies inverted better than the prior birds.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

406Pilot I may come up this Spring there are a few good friends of mine I haven't seen or flown with for a year or so. Chris, Earl, and Clay to mention a few. I will bring my AL37 with. they are an awesome flying Bird. You will love the graphics from Callie I have ordered many from them. I am going to Sun City and Phoenix for two weeks this month to see my Sister and my younger daughter, I do plan on going to the june flyin too.
                Great group of guys at our club! I can't wait for our fly-in.

Comment

• Really gave the new gal (and me) a workout today. Tons of flights in over 7 hours of flying. She’s solid as a rock...did some “way over there” flying, so the range is definitely good. Systems never gave a hint of any issue...as it should be.

I hit some STRONG thermal gusts causing go arounds. On a couple of take-offs, it took full control throws and lots of power to keep wheel side down when the thermal gusts were encountered after lift-off. Exciting! Good soaring weather is almost here!

-GG

Comment

• Well my graphics from Callie came in. I started cutting things out and lining them up and found an issue. For the first time that I've gotten graphics from Callie they had a problem. The door that is supposed to over the wing on each side is in front of the wing / about 7 windows to far forward. Any passengers that go out that door will most certainly fall to their death HAHAHA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210309_230757823.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	303544

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210309_230815339.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	303543

Everything else about the graphics seems to be correct. The length and the way they line up is all good. It's just that over the wing door that isn't over the wing. It's the same for both the left and right side graphic.

I've contacted Callie an am waiting for a response.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Callie got back to me this afternoon. Callie is making the corrections and sending out the updated graphic at no charge. Absolutely the best service out there Hands Down!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                        Callie got back to me this afternoon. Callie is making the corrections and sending out the updated graphic at no charge. Absolutely the best service out there Hands Down!!!
                        In all the years Callie has been my go to decal gal, she's made a small handful of mistakes and she is so quick to respond, get it taken care of and shipped out to me in a quick manner for no cost, there's simply nobody else I would ever deal with. Hopefully she outlives me and my birds!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The updated / corrected graphics from Callie came in today. They are spot on perfect now.

She's hands down the best in the business! Callie Graphic's will always be my recommendation for the quality of work and the simple fact that customer service is thru the roof good!! I'm in the process of getting the new graphics put on now. Can't wait to get it done and see it in all it's glory!

Comment

• Here’s another thought about the dilemma of how to easily extend and retract the main landing gear at the field for assembly and disassembly of the wings to the fuselage. I took a standard 6” “Y” servo cable. I cut off one of the female connectors and attached a male connector in it’s place. Plugged the gear into the remaining female connector. One of the two male connectors plugs into the circuit board where the gear connector had been and the other dangles outside the wing after you have reassembled the circuit board to the wing. Connect the servo tester to the dangling male connector to raise and lower the gear.

Comment

• Does anyone have a recommended wing bag for the AL37 wings. With the Nacelles these wings aren't exactly a typical fit for a "standard" bag.

Comment

• Wing Sleeve - easy to make Click image for larger version

Name:	United 982_ (111).jpg
Views:	579
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	304408

Comment

• CVRCC Club Member Alan W. went full coverage Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_085336.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	304410

Comment

• Appreciate the thought, but not looking to make one. Looking for a recommendation of one to buy that works well with the al37 wings.

Comment

• Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine now that the weather is improving, base white. Should be here on Monday!

I'm thinking something along the lines of DHL, Pan Am, or FedEx as a livery. Super excited to get into customization as I have some older planes who could use some as well.
                                      Nelson Hobbies on Youtube:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3M...ljJd2Md45tOJsw

Comment

• Originally posted by ndrew3 View Post
                                        Finally bit the bullet and ordered mine now that the weather is improving, base white. Should be here on Monday!

I'm thinking something along the lines of DHL, Pan Am, or FedEx as a livery. Super excited to get into customization as I have some older planes who could use some as well.
                                        You won't be disappointed! This is a great flyer. I've got almost a dozen flights on mine since doing the maiden about two weeks ago. The weather hasn't been great the last few days. Can't wait to get this back in the air!

Comment

• With my tragic history with jets over the past year I am really looking forward to flying a beautiful large scale model without having my berries in my throat the entire flight.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X