Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed the repaint of my Mig-29. Rust-oleum rattle cans and Callie Graphics markings. Colors of the Luftwaffe JG-73 demo plane. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210103_185855063_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	292889Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210103_185210741_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	292893Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210103_185830936_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	292890Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210103_185816564.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.4 KB ID:	292891

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
      Completed the repaint of my Mig-29. Rust-oleum rattle cans and Callie Graphics markings. Colors of the Luftwaffe JG-73 demo plane.
      Fantastic look, and should be very visible in the air too.

Comment

• Fantastic work! What were the exact colors called?

Comment

• Great job on the mods

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
            Fantastic work! What were the exact colors called?
            Golden Sunset, Regal Red, Gloss Black

I don't think these colors are exact matches to the German national flag.

Comment

• Excellent work radfordc ! What does the underside look like, base grey or a repeat of the top surface?
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                Excellent work radfordc ! What does the underside look like, base grey or a repeat of the top surface?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php?attachmentid=1044102&d=1375424622.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	292916

Comment

• The bottom is very much like the top.

Comment

• Just finishing up mine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudderman98 View Post
                      Just finishing up mine.
                      I like it! How did you do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                        Completed the repaint of my Mig-29. Rust-oleum rattle cans and Callie Graphics markings. Colors of the Luftwaffe JG-73 demo plane.
                        Beautiful paint job!

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_025456.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	292829
                          JM, I was going to mod the doors as well. What material did you use to extend the inner portion and did you simply glue it on the the originals? It seems you would need some sort of stiffener between the two. Awesome mods you did.
                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post

JM, I was going to mod the doors as well. What material did you use to extend the inner portion and did you simply glue it on the the originals? It seems you would need some sort of stiffener between the two. Awesome mods you did.
                            I made my own hinges out of brass tubing and glued it into the foam of the fuselage so the door just swings up. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_172323.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	292986
                            BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• I noticed in another pic somewhere that you used a lever arm to mechanically actuate it with the strut. Are you happy with that operation or do you think a servo in the fuse would be better? Pre-thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                I noticed in another pic somewhere that you used a lever arm to mechanically actuate it with the strut. Are you happy with that operation or do you think a servo in the fuse would be better? Pre-thanks.
                                I use a Servo to pull the door closed and push it open. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210104_005116.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	292994
                                BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Great mod, JM. Way better than the stock door! Really like the others you did as well.

Comment

• That gear door mod is fantastic, can you share more pics on the servo installation?

Comment

• Highly recommend looking at Yoda's mods, especially regarding wingtip washout.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• The canopy gap had to be addressed.

Comment

• Love my wife for buying me a backup MIG-29 for Christmas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210107_094421.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	293393

Comment

Working...
                                          X