Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I never figured that one out completely. It might go on the rocket pod but I ended up not even using it.
    Same here. It might go in the middle of the rocket tube but haven't found any pictures to figure it out.

Comment

• I couldn't find much on the internet for the APKWS AT-6C rocket pod. It doesn't seem to have a stripe. I would love to try to find something to stick in there to make it look like it was loaded, like you see in these pics.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I'm going to try wooden dowels . Wouldn't have to go in all the way, just enough to show off the tips.

Comment

• or skewers might work too
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
            or skewers might work too
            Not sure if skewers would work unless the right diameter.

Comment

• I think the APKWS AT-6C rockets are launched from the same LAU 131/A pod that the standard 2.75 inch rockets are fired from. The only difference is the seeker section added to the rocket. They can still be equipped with all of the warheads available for the 2.75 inch rocket. The pods are kind of plain, considering the stripes and labels on most other systems. They are generally OD green when mounted on a chopper and lt. gray on fixed wing.

I used some dowels for rocket noses on mine. I just sharpened them in a pencil sharpener. I should have made them just a bit longer, and may replace them with longer versions later. I'll also go with a different color since blue designates an inert or training round.

Comment

• Nice...! Rob

Comment

• I just picked up a great deal on a second A-10 locally. This will be a fun project plane with a custom paint job and graphics from Callie. My friend usually flies turbines and purchased another, so he was unloading this one. It was built but not flown. I'm looking forward to it. Where will I store it....who the heck knows. LOL

Comment

• Nice, grats. What scheme you going with? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                      Nice, grats. What scheme you going with? ;)
                      Funny enough, you have already revealed it with yours. LOL :Cool:

Comment

• 2 Quick Questions

1. How is the plane to be set up for the CG? Gear up? Gear down? Right side up? Upside down? Iask because I have watched some videos where pilots are exclaiming how they did very little trimming on their maiden flights.
                        2. How about 2 nice clear pictures? One showing the elevator set at 3mm up from the rear (As per support at Motion RC). The other picture showing a nice clear view of the battery tray with two 6s lipos in a well balanced plane.
                        Thank you.

This is the best build I have been involved with. Well done MOTIONRC and well done all you pilots who have been sharing your experiences here on Hobby Squawk.:Cool:

Comment

• Number 1 is a loaded question. Everybody has their own preference. I balanced mine model inverted with the gear in landing position.
                          I have a lot of build related photos in my blog on RC Groups. I think you'll find shots of what you are asking for there. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m-A-10-Warthog
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Funny enough, you have already revealed it with yours. LOL :Cool:
                            Ah, cool. I love it on mine. Can't wait to see yours, I used the mibo one as my reference. ;)

If it would stop bloody raining I could get mine finished.

Comment

Ah, cool. I love it on mine. Can't wait to see yours, I used the mibo one as my reference. ;)

If it would stop bloody raining I could get mine finished.
                              LOL, that's exactly what I am using. Love that scheme! I can't wait to see your reveal of the whole plane. I'm looking forward to your flight too. That rain is really hammering down, huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                With the A-10, it's a strange sensation . I'm getting 3.5 min plus another 30 sec or so taxi on and off time but it seems so short. After two circuits ,I hear the DX9 saying: " 2 minutes" A slight letdown. So, I'm going to go to RT 6250 35C's and push the 5 minute mark.
                                I did a 4 minute scale flight today with the RT 6250/35Cs and batteries came down at 3.85v per cell. I got 30 more seconds of flight time with .02 more volts burned over my last test flight. So I'm feeling more confident a 5 minute scale flight is achievable with these batteries. I'm shooting for a 5 minute flight with 3.78v per cell remaining.

Sean

Comment

LOL, that's exactly what I am using. Love that scheme! I can't wait to see your reveal of the whole plane. I'm looking forward to your flight too. That rain is really hammering down, huh.
                                  Been two weeks straight, bucketing down mate. Bit unusual for us, we get a bit of rain in winter but not like this. They say it will be a record for July. I just want it to stop lol.

Comment

Been two weeks straight, bucketing down mate. Bit unusual for us, we get a bit of rain in winter but not like this. They say it will be a record for July. I just want it to stop lol.
                                    Ugh. That no doubt must be getting old. A little rain here and there is tolerable, but when it's weeks straight, it gets really old. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Comment

• Just finished putting the Model Sounds Inc system into the B1RD. I'll give it a good test tomorrow. Sounds good on the stand though. I decided to leave the GAU gatling gun sound off for now as the engine sound over powers it. ;)I used 2 exciter speakers behind the battery compartment and the circuit board up front. I haven't even done the CG to see where it's at. Flies great as you could tell from my video. I actually had to put a couple clicks of down trim and it was on rails.

Comment

• Great job on the sound system!

I have a MrRC V4.1 sound module to go in my other A-10. The bad part is it has a generic turbine sound file on it, not specific to the A-10, and obviously no cannon sound file. I noticed the Aspire has a sound pack available, but I'm not purchasing a whole new module when I have a perfectly good working V4.1 here just to get those sounds. I wonder if MrRC Sound has plans to make the A-10 sounds available for the V4.1 sound module. If not, that's that. I may have to try Model Sounds Inc. one day to compare the difference in features, quality, available sounds, etc., but probably not anytime soon. It would be nice to go with a system in the future that may allow a person to create sound files and play it because some people may want to be able to use custom sounds, not preloaded ones.

Comment

Ugh. That no doubt must be getting old. A little rain here and there is tolerable, but when it's weeks straight, it gets really old. I hope it clears up for you soon.
                                          Me too mate. I'm having flying withdrawals....

btw, really keen to see how you go with the light blue. Try as we might, we couldn't even get close to the shade in the pic. (That said, I'm still over the moon with mine). best of luck mate hope it goes awesome for you can't wait to see it. ;)

Ps: I'm not 100%, but pretty sure you could get the a-10 file for your 4.1. I'm almost positive it has that capability. Email Andrew mate, I've always found his service awesome and I've spoken with him about custom sounds before. (Helped him with some ideas on a heli card a fair while ago when I was looking for a nice turboshaft sound for my big md500e). Worth a shot I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X