• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Strange looking Avanti S. :Confused:
    they really changed v2
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokopellimusic View Post
      Build Done. Surprised how small some of the screws were for the surfaces. Just gotta program the radio and get her set up for the maiden.
      Very nice build. :Cool: Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! The F-86 just happens to be in the wrong thread... This one is for the Avanti S. I have done the same thing before and didn't realize why what I posted didn't show up in the correct thread!!! ;);)

Comment

• Put her here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...6-sabre-thread

Comment

• Ouch, so sorry. Not sure how that happened lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
            Instead of going through 2300+ posts, is there a "go to" post where all the secrets of the plane are posted? Mine will be here tomorrow and I'd like to fly it this weekend at our jet fly in. I've built and flown the F-4 so I'm assuming it'll be similar?
            I set my aileron high rate to 1/2 the value given in the manual. It worked out fine. That's the only real gotcha with this airplane as far as I am concerned. I have a red on in my shop but I haven't opened the box yet. They may have revised the manual for the aileron throws.

Rick

Comment

• I just opened my box a half an hr ago. Pretty excited

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post

I set my aileron high rate to 1/2 the value given in the manual. It worked out fine. That's the only real gotcha with this airplane as far as I am concerned. I have a red on in my shop but I haven't opened the box yet. They may have revised the manual for the aileron throws.

Rick
                I have my Avanti aileron throws set at maximum just short of binding on high rates with 35% expo , guess it all depends on how much control athority you're looking for.

Comment

• Crap Hemidoo!!
                  I rolled mine way back and she still spins like a top. Of course it depends on what hole you're using on the servos and the control arms. Mine were on the out side holes for both the servos and control arms, really should have changed them to the inner hole on the servo, but instead I rolled it way back on the radio. Old guy moment I guess, I might change them yet, but for now she flies fine.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Finally opened the Red Avanti box. Sure looks like a 9 blade. Have not looked close enough yet but also looks to be an inrunner.

The good ole switcheroo. Manual says its a 1850kv 12b. I can understand wanting to use the same manual.

I'm sure there's a good reason whatever that might be and I'm not really concerned. Just would be nice to know what I actually have.

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Crap Hemidoo!!
                      I rolled mine way back and she still spins like a top. Of course it depends on what hole you're using on the servos and the control arms. Mine were on the out side holes for both the servos and control arms, really should have changed them to the inner hole on the servo, but instead I rolled it way back on the radio. Old guy moment I guess, I might change them yet, but for now she flies fine.

Grossman56
                      Ha ! I tend to like a quick handling plane so i set the arms and horns to the maximum throws then maybe take some of the " crispness " out with the radio like your saying

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        Finally opened the Red Avanti box. Sure looks like a 9 blade. Have not looked close enough yet but also looks to be an inrunner.

The good ole switcheroo. Manual says its a 1850kv 12b. I can understand wanting to use the same manual.

I'm sure there's a good reason whatever that might be and I'm not really concerned. Just would be nice to know what I actually have.

Hawk
                        I love the 9 blade, lighter, faster and more efficient...I've been swapping all of my 12 blades out with these 1900kv 9 blades.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• TI,

I'm not unhappy- yet . Probably wont get the same rich 12b sound but if there's an upside to going with the 9b I'm all for it. By being more effecient, faster ? Better flight times ?
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• like to see some video and mesured specs from this 9 blader
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              TI,

I'm not unhappy- yet . Probably wont get the same rich 12b sound but if there's an upside to going with the 9b I'm all for it. By being more effecient, faster ? Better flight times ?
                              It should be slightly faster and more efficient than the 12 bladed version giving a little more flight time.
                              That said, I comfortably get 4:30 out of mine using Admiral 5000mAh packs and mixed throttle settings to leave the cells at 3.79 usually.

Comment

• I just got my red Avanti S in the air yesterday. A friend shot some video today of me flying. I shot the opening and did the edit. Hope you enjoy!

I can't tell any difference in the sound. I been flying the original yellow one since day 1. I was on the 1st preorder for the much delayed original.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipripper View Post
                                  I just got my red Avanti S in the air yesterday. A friend shot some video today of me flying. I shot the opening and did the edit. Hope you enjoy!

I can't tell any difference in the sound. I been flying the original yellow one since day 1. I was on the 1st preorder for the much delayed original.

https://youtu.be/imJ71e7T430
                                  Congrats on the flight - great video!!! I just finished my RED Avanti yesterday and hope to get her in the air in the next week (have to go out of town for a few days, so maiden will have to wait - ugh!). Thank you.

Regards,
                                  Jim

Comment

• Here is a quick pic of my Avanti S. Looking forward to the maiden soon!

Regards,
                                    Jim

Comment

• Anyone have an idea when they will be back in stock with a chance to actually buy one.

Comment

• Hopefully not much longer, BPINE. If you haven't already, please enter your email address into the Notify Me field on the Avanti's product page, and our automated system will email you as soon as the Avanti is restocked and ready to ship. We've had trouble keeping these in stock for the year and a half since it was first released, because they keep selling out faster than we can get more. 'Good problem to have, I suppose!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Hopefully not much longer, BPINE. If you haven't already, please enter your email address into the Notify Me field on the Avanti's product page, and our automated system will email you as soon as the Avanti is restocked and ready to ship. We've had trouble keeping these in stock for the year and a half since it was first released, because they keep selling out faster than we can get more. 'Good problem to have, I suppose!
                                          Yes I have done that but I did it last time as well and the e mail came out to early for us west coast people to purchase they were all gone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X