Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished assembling my Avanti only to find the starboard flap servo is U/s bloody typical all this money invested and it can’t be flown I’m pretty peeved right now!!! Anyone had any experience getting these servos out without wrecking a brand new un-flown wing ???

Comment

• I just had to stop painting planes and have some fun for a change.

My weekend trip to the Barnstormer Carnival, in Springfield Ohio.

My Avanti S flew great in all that open space and the colors really stood out.

I also took along my two T28's for some additional fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190714_224847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	206002Click image for larger version  Name:	20190713_101735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.3 KB ID:	206003
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Very nice!!! Congrats on actually getting to fly!!! I understand!!

Comment

• I just ordered my Red Avanti.
          How many people out there actually use a Gyro on this plane? From what I've researched the Avanti is one of the best flying jets on the market.
          I have a spare A3L, but I have a new 6ch Futaba receiver. I'm seriously considering not springing for the 8ch receiver and just using the the 6ch and going natural with the Avanti.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDawg View Post
            I just ordered my Red Avanti.
            How many people out there actually use a Gyro on this plane? From what I've researched the Avanti is one of the best flying jets on the market.
            I have a spare A3L, but I have a new 6ch Futaba receiver. I'm seriously considering not springing for the 8ch receiver and just using the the 6ch and going natural with the Avanti.
            I started off with "au naturellle", then I put in an A3L to prove something to myself. Can't remember what that was now, but I've removed the gyro and used it for some other plane that really needs it. This one doesn't.
            You don't have to have an 8-ch RX just to use this gyro. If you don't plug the mode or master gain into anything, it's just on all the time and defaults to "normal" gyro mode. You turn the 3D gain pot to zero just to be sure. You merely set the gain on the "normal" pot very low to begin with and slowly increase (a very tiny bit at a time) with each successive flight till you see good stabilization. No need to go till you see oscillation at top speed. Just increase enough to see that the plane snaps back to level after a roll and you let go of the stick.

Comment

• I dont use a gyro , flies great, just have your CG right
              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• This plane seems to have a fairly wide range that you can set the "CG" (balance point) around the recommended and still fly well. It's very forgiving.

Comment

• I use gyro in mine... pretty much only for landing on windy days

Comment

• What size battery are you using? I see now that Motion is recommending the 6000 and I'm assuming it will fit if that's their recommendation. What are the other options that will keep the CG within limits? I'm guessing before they had the 6000, the 5000 was the recommended size. Is anyone using the JetWerx ones? Any recommendations there? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a red one and then noticed the battery recommendation. I've got a couple of 4500s and 5000s, I'm sure they would work and will probably add another battery but would rather not add something that can't go in my other planes. Thanks

Comment

• I run the JetWerx 4000mah now , I have a few 5000mah Admiral's that i started with but like the lighter 4000's I've also tried the 3300mah Admiral set way forward

Comment

• Jetman... I saw your video last weekend... it inspired this.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk Preacher!!! Glad you are on board and very nice job!!! Jerry

Comment

• Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned to lower the rates to start out. Can somebody save me some time? Thought it was 15 and 22 for ailerons

Comment

• Originally posted by Dapreacherman43 View Post
                              Jetman... I saw your video last weekend... it inspired this.
                              VERY NICE!!!!

Comment

• Haven’t flown this plane since last year. Made a nice change from flying warbirds. Click image for larger version  Name:	4189BC7B-0F85-4A82-B88C-E6DF3CE20447.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	190.3 KB ID:	207559Click image for larger version  Name:	643391E0-7B9A-4397-8D97-4DA6F5EA3322.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	209.5 KB ID:	207560Click image for larger version  Name:	F7A91378-1996-4D9A-9F7F-229CE3521E7B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.9 KB ID:	207561Click image for larger version  Name:	E7FFBF5C-3B8C-4BD3-B170-6AE49A0FCAD9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	207562Click image for larger version  Name:	4189BC7B-0F85-4A82-B88C-E6DF3CE20447.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	190.3 KB ID:	207564
                                Tolga
                                Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Originally posted by Dapreacherman43 View Post
                                  Jetman... I saw your video last weekend... it inspired this.
                                  OUTSTANDING !
                                  That is an awesome paint job, which will be a great color to see in the air. Very nicely done sir.
                                  Good job and good luck with her.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the random sticking flap issue has ever been resolved?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
                                      I didn’t realize the size of the Avanti compared to the Havoc and Futura. I found this pic on FB and it was surprising how big it is. They’re converting the Havoc Xe to a turbine as fast as they can so I guess the Avanti would be a no brainer
                                      Could you give a quick comparison between them? Quality, build, flying and overall which one you like best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                                        Does anyone know if the random sticking flap issue has ever been resolved?
                                        Not completely sure exactly what you are trying describe, but on many of these planes, the flaps sometimes didn't retract after being deployed, but only one side, resulting in the plane suddenly rolling. This had something do with delayed deployment of more than about 2 seconds. Reducing the deployment time to no more than 2 seconds or even to zero, stopped this from happening. Some believe it had something to do with the control box but I removed the flaps from the box and it still did the same thing until I reduced the deployment time. They weren't necessarily "sticking". The servos simply didn't work under certain conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          Not completely sure exactly what you are trying describe, but on many of these planes, the flaps sometimes didn't retract after being deployed, but only one side, resulting in the plane suddenly rolling. This had something do with delayed deployment of more than about 2 seconds. Reducing the deployment time to no more than 2 seconds or even to zero, stopped this from happening. Some believe it had something to do with the control box but I removed the flaps from the box and it still did the same thing until I reduced the deployment time. They weren't necessarily "sticking". The servos simply didn't work under certain conditions.
                                          The delay is not the source of the problem, it just made it worse. It happened to me and others that had never used a delay. I don't even have it. I never proved it, but I think the servos are defective. I was suspecting that the feedback pot had tiny bad spots in the carbon. I could physically push on the flap and then the servo would respond.

Comment

Working...
                                          X