X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Steve, lucky it was on the table, not in flight. I replaced mine in the 8s phantom just because it looked a little undersized to me. Probably just a bad one in your case, but this is the one I replaced it with and I have many of these and they have all worked well (so far)
    Wow, I glossed over the part about the receiver and gear going poof too, call Motion, they just fixed a similar problem I had with an esc.
    Thank you Quickstop. I've opened a ticket. I agree that the BEC sounds a bit lightweight given the issues I've read about now regarding dropping the flaps and gear at the same time. keeping in mind that you still have to fly the plane as well. The amp rating of the BEC should be larger than the maximum draw of all servos combined just to be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Main gear outer door 3DPup files are now available at this link.
      I hope someone posts pictures of these doors and describes the install soon as I'm in the middle of doing scratch ones but won't continue if these are better. Don't have a printer so can't see for myself...
      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

I hope someone posts pictures of these doors and describes the install soon as I'm in the middle of doing scratch ones but won't continue if these are better. Don't have a printer so can't see for myself...
        Tom
        They look very similar to what you have done Tom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Main gear outer door 3DPup files are now available at this link.
          Could we see a picture of the door and how it fits and works with the existing door?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Could we see a picture of the door and how it fits and works with the existing door?
            Sorry, afraid that's above my pay grade. LOL

Seriously though, I do not have photos for these files.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This should give you guys an idea of what the doors look like and how they operate.
              Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat. I assume they are spring loaded based n what Alpha said awhile back or servo? I see the horn on the edge of the door and the square plate is the hinge point. Another thing that would be cool and clean up the wing bottom is larger servo covers for the four wing servos that cover up everything but a slot for the servo horn. You could start with what's there and the part over the servo horn. I may end up doing that out of 1/16" ply if nobody comes up with one. A stealth plane with big gaping holes in the bottom of the wing is just wrong.

Comment

• The doors are controlled by servos. They are not spring loaded. Servos would plug into the "single stage door" slot on the inside of the wing connector.

Comment

• Hi does anyone have a updated picture or placement of these decals that came with the F-22? I got my F22 from the first batch of preorders and I didn’t see any pictures of where the larger dark gray rectangles go. I found a post of position of smaller and large squares go but not the large rectangles. Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

• There's no real consensus about where they all go, but in this post I made a go of it.
                      Pat

Comment

• OK, printing done. Here's a quick mock-up. I'm hoping to be able to cut away some of the stock gear door to help close up the wheel pocket some more.

Oh, and be VERY careful snapping the doors into the hinge plates. I broke a tab on BOTH doors trying to get them in. I may reprint the doors in ABS instead.
                        Pat

Comment

• I am printing mine laying down. If I don't like how they turn out I will orient vertically and try again. I only print with ABS at the moment.

Comment

• It would look better with the hinge part vertical in a slot. Also look better cutting part of the exhausting door and centering this door on the wheel. Also use the double action gear door slot on the B.B. so it closes after the retract extends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
                              Hi does anyone have a updated picture or placement of these decals that came with the F-22? I got my F22 from the first batch of preorders and I didn’t see any pictures of where the larger dark gray rectangles go. I found a post of position of smaller and large squares go but not the large rectangles. Thanks

Comment

• Cold day, but low winds and I wanted to see this baby in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  OK, printing done. Here's a quick mock-up. I'm hoping to be able to cut away some of the stock gear door to help close up the wheel pocket some more.

Oh, and be VERY careful snapping the doors into the hinge plates. I broke a tab on BOTH doors trying to get them in. I may reprint the doors in ABS instead.
                                  Thanks for posting that Pat. Looks like you have room, based on your pics, to cut down the stock gear door. That may have been the intent? Would have been nice to have the door horn to the inside so the servo connector could have been hidden like so many other MRC models. Are you going to cut in the hinge part and door so they are flush to the wing? Just wondering.

Comment

• I had to look at the pic twice and then the laughter started!!!! Mine are in a drawer somewhere!! LOL:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      It would look better with the hinge part vertical in a slot. Also look better cutting part of the exhausting door and centering this door on the wheel. Also use the double action gear door slot on the B.B. so it closes after the retract extends.
                                      Yeah, just like a P-51 inner gear door. I think the hinge part would be ok as is, if it's cut in flush, as I previously mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Thanks for posting that Pat. Looks like you have room, based on your pics, to cut down the stock gear door. That may have been the intent? Would have been nice to have the door horn to the inside so the servo connector could have been hidden like so many other MRC models. Are you going to cut in the hinge part and door so they are flush to the wing? Just wondering.
                                        Yes, everything will be cut into the wing so they are flush. These pics are with it just laid on top to show what it looks like. I will be playing around with my crashed wings to see how and where to cut stuff up and get a good mock-up before doing it on he new one.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Here's what I ended up with on the extra decals based on the information I posted earlier. I think it looks pretty close to scale now, better than what I did on the first one. I used the big rectangles behind the cheaters, but cut off about 1/4" from the length. I cut down two of the four smaller squares to match the full scale, and then I cut up the parallelograms for the wing and nose.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X