X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
    I wouldn't trust a plastic servo arm on a plane this size. But maybe that's just me. Good servo & bad servo arm just seems like a waist and potential point of failure. Everyone should build to the way they want or how they think is right. I'm just tossing in my 2 cents.
    What servo arm are you using? I have the Dubro heavy duty servo arms. That should be sufficient, since I'm not planning on any extreme aerobatics. The question is length. Instructions call for 16 mm between center of spindle and the servo arm hole to be used. The arms I have I can either go 13 mm or 19 mm.

What's been everyone else's experience here?

Comment

• A servo with metal gear output and then an arm with plastic splines makes for a good chance of stripping the splines in the arm. I use aluminum arms on any servo with a metal output shaft. This prevents slippage & stripping out the splines on the arm from the torque / power of the servo.

Comment

• Understood, but who makes/sells metal arms that are small enough for what is recommended for the Gilmore? I've not seen any servo arms that short other than the plastic ones. What's everyone using for this plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCBobP View Post
          Understood, but who makes/sells metal arms that are small enough for what is recommended for the Gilmore? I've not seen any servo arms that short other than the plastic ones. What's everyone using for this plane?
          Take a look at whats on offer here https://www.rc-race-shop.de/en/team-...5t-16mm-orange or here https://www.hobby-china.com/miracle-...ec-servos.html

This should also work https://www.tcscrawlers.com/Robitron...y-p/r17020.htm

DaleD

Comment

• Excellent, thanks!

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what the size of their wing tube is? The manual says it should be 890mm or 35inches. The wing tube I received in my kit is only about 760mm or 30 inches.

I contacted motion about this and they say it's no problem. But a short wing tube doesn't really inspire confidence. So if anyone can tell me the length of what they received that would be great. I'm curious does yours match the manual described length / size or is it shorter or longer etc...

Thanks.

Comment

• Finished
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RC ML View Post
                  Finished
                  GREAT Going!!!!

Now get her maidened and let us hear all about the thrill. Looking forward to flight report.

DaleD

Comment

• Originally posted by RC ML View Post
                    Finished
                    That's a real sharp looking bird there. Looks like you glued the blisters on? Looks pretty good!

Comment

• RC ML looks dang good!!! Can't wait to hear about or maybe see some video of the maiden!!!

Cheers to a job well done!

Comment

• Well the engine came in today!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210330_170113760.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	306577

Another question. Has anyone ever used the power box regulator switches before?

Here is a link to the switch I was looking at.

Comment

Well the engine came in today!!!

https://www.chiefaircraft.com/pbs-6330.html
                          YES!!!! Glad to see an IC powered Gilmore about to be assembled. Can’t wait to hear how she performs.

DaleD

Comment

Well the engine came in today!!!

https://www.chiefaircraft.com/pbs-6330.html
                            I use the V3 and is was simple to install and works fine . I put them on 2 batteries 2200 lipo 7,4V-30C and connected the 2 rx outputs into 2 open servo ports . i use a 8 channel 8020 spektrum rx .

Comment

• RC ML Looks Great! Nice detail on the dummy engine.

406PIlot Nice engine! Looking forward to seeing how it looks wrapped in the big cowl.

Comment

• Maiden , without the shoes .. Click image for larger version

Name:	23EC0071-373C-4BE9-9DAE-8C337B429D5B_1_105_c.jpeg
Views:	511
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	306618
                                What a diving sound .....

Comment

• Mine is 31 1/4 inches. That's rather odd. I'd love to hear others.

Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                                  Can anyone tell me what the size of their wing tube is? The manual says it should be 890mm or 35inches. The wing tube I received in my kit is only about 760mm or 30 inches.

Comment

• Question about horns. It doesn't appear that there are pre-drilled holes for the aileron horns. Are the holes for the elevator and rudder horns pre-drilled?

Comment

• Video of the Maiden

Comment

• Originally posted by djmoose View Post
                                        Question about horns. It doesn't appear that there are pre-drilled holes for the aileron horns. Are the holes for the elevator and rudder horns pre-drilled?
                                        I haven't gotten to the elevator or rudder yet. On the Ailerons I used a small 2mm drill bit to make a pilot hole then put a drop of CA in each hole let it setup and then screwed in the arm. Didn't have any cracking or issues at all.

Comment

• RC ML ML Nice quick flight. Seems to take off and land with no problems. Are you using the book control throws for all surfaces? How did it feel in the air?

Great work!

Comment

Working...
                                          X