X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    . . .. It's the 1200mm E Flite Spitty that apparently they don't make any more.
    A discontinued E Flite? There's a surprise!

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

I'll try to be there with my Mk. IX!

davegee
      Following fellow Codyite resident Dan Grossman's lead, I got out early this morning to the field before going to the gym. I have had this Flightline 1600mm Mk. IX Spitfire for over 5 years now, and still really enjoy flying it, especially on days like today, September 15. This date is the 82nd anniversary of Battle of Britain Day, which commemorates a decisive defeat over the German Luftwaffe and their attempt to destroy the RAF. Had they done that, the Germans almost certainly would have waged a huge assault on England by ground troops to make them capitulate as had happened in most of Europe up to that point.

My plane flew beautifully in light winds, as usual. It displays the markings of Polish ace Witold "Lanny" Lanowski's aircraft that he flew in 302 squadron. I recently added Dan's suggestion to modify the plug-in leads to the landing gear so that they stagger the movement between the two gear, up and down. Looks pretty cool. You'll also see that the flaps are in the 85 degree down position for landing, per the real airplane. I have found this position works great for landings, and have set it up this way since the plane was new.

I'll attach a couple of pics taken after I flew the plane a few times this morning.

Cheers

davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	356896

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0202.jpgadjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	356898

Comment

• Salute the "THE FEW" who, in the Summer of 1940 stood against a superior force and single handedly beat the German Airforce for the first time in WWII.
        Got out late this afternoon and got my memorial flights in with 8-10 mph winds swinging 90 degrees, which Spitfire owners can relate to as being not a lot of fun with the narrow gear.
        This was the day that Sir Winston Churchill showed up to watch the excitement on the RAF radar tables. If you've seen the movie, this is the day when the controller was asked
        "Reserves?"
        And answered,
        "None"
        This is the day the inspired Churchill to exclaim, "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
        This phrase, along with "This was their Finest Hour" live on in history.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20220915_132635.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	356908Click image for larger version  Name:	20220915_132715.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.9 KB ID:	356909Click image for larger version  Name:	20220915_132928.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.9 KB ID:	356910Click image for larger version  Name:	20220915_132913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	213.6 KB ID:	356911

Hats off to the boys in the Spitfires and Hurricanes!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	c1ebe0c5ec03c0ce758d3b1b00329e96.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	356912Click image for larger version  Name:	this_was_their_finest_hour.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.2 KB ID:	356913

Well Done!
        God Welcome the Queen!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 davegee

"Lest we not forget.." Thanks to you both for reminding us. Great looking Spitfires. Bravo Zulu, Gentlemen. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi, I'm about to purchase the 1600mm Spitfire Mk iv. MotionRC have replied to me about a receiver question but though recommending Spektrum, haven't been specific. Can you or someone kindly recommend a Spectrum receiver by part number, that is compatible and in connection and fit. I also intend to fit a ''Real sound'' sound system eventually too. I use a Spektrum NX10 transmitter. Much appreciated and thank you. Rand

Comment

• Originally posted by Rand View Post
              Hi, I'm about to purchase the 1600mm Spitfire Mk iv. MotionRC have replied to me about a receiver question but though recommending Spektrum, haven't been specific. Can you or someone kindly recommend a Spectrum receiver by part number, that is compatible and in connection and fit. I also intend to fit a ''Real sound'' sound system eventually too. I use a Spektrum NX10 transmitter. Much appreciated and thank you. Rand
              This one is the Mk IX, not IV.

Do you want a gyro? If so, built in (Spektrum AS3X) or a separate unit?

There's plenty of room so fit is not a problem.

Comment

Hi, I'm about to purchase the 1600mm Spitfire Mk iv. MotionRC have replied to me about a receiver question but though recommending Spektrum, haven't been specific. Can you or someone kindly recommend a Spectrum receiver by part number, that is compatible and in connection and fit. I also intend to fit a ''Real sound'' sound system eventually too. I use a Spektrum NX10 transmitter. Much appreciated and thank you. Rand
                I would suggest you use the 6 channel AR637T (SPMAR637T) $115 6-channel AS3X or the AR8360T (SPMAR8360T) $130 8-channel AS3X receiver, depending on how many channels you need to use. 6 channels should be sufficient, assuming you y the sound system into the throttle channel. If you want to have it on a separate channel, use the 8 channel RX. Gains should be around 45/50/55 with gear up (assuming you program the FM gain channel to the gear) and something like 70/80/90 with gear down. Also program the right knob to adjust gains in flight and absolutely connect the included cable for in-flight pack voltage (spliced to power cables-need the positive only as the RX is already grounded) and set the telemetry to call out pack voltage every couple minutes with an alarm when pack voltage drops below 21.8 volts. You will not need a remote satellite RX in this plane, although I always use one with these RX's but usually only in EDF's.

Keep the CG around 90 mm, which may require some lead in the nose depending on the battery you use. I use an SMC 6200 in mine and get 12 minutes of flight time.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi Hugh. Thanks greatly for the info. As obviously I don't yet know what room there is in the fuselage I have to play with, i'm sort of in the dark regards choosing receiver size/ dimensions and what will fit. I am considering the benefits of a Gyro, so will check these receiver specs out. I will be eventually fitting the ''Real Sound'' sound card I bought. For me personally, I found it to be the most realistic sounding to my own ears. The two switchable sounds I chose to be put on the card are Merlin and Griffon. I'm currently revamping an old very tatty hangar rashed ''63'' MK IX balsa build Spitfire (with built up ribbed wings ribbed tail plane and even ribbed rudder that looks virtual scale). That's going to be the guinea pig to try the sound system in. Thank you again. Rand

Comment

• Reply to Kallend

Hi. thanks for the reply. A gyro would be an extra godsend I suppose. I've not even considered whether to fit a separate gyro or combined receiver/gyro. Hugh Wiedman has given me some good pointer references for receivers I need to check out. All input welcome and gratefully received thanks... I'm not that heavily clued up as yet on the electrics side of things but with help from members in the forum I will get there. I've got to get used to using the forum and method of replying to individual members. Regards...Rand

Comment

• HUGH, is splicing the included cable for in-fligh pack voltage to the power cable of the battery something easy to do? I wish there was something available to just plug into the balance port for the battery and then into the RX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                        HUGH, is splicing the included cable for in-fligh pack voltage to the power cable of the battery something easy to do? I wish there was something available to just plug into the balance port for the battery and then into the RX.
                        1. You only need to connect the red wire to the RX voltage port. The ground is taken care of by way of the ESC connection.

2. Splicing it into the power cable is very easy.

3. Get yourself a balance port extender, cut in half, and solder the voltage sense (red) wire to the male end, then you don't need to splice.
                        https://hobbyking.com/en_us/jst-xh-6...10pcs-bag.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                          HUGH, is splicing the included cable for in-fligh pack voltage to the power cable of the battery something easy to do? I wish there was something available to just plug into the balance port for the battery and then into the RX.
                          kallend method is great. I usually just strip some red wire insulation off the power cable at a point that leaves the shortest wire to the RX, about 3-4mm wide with a sharp blade, then wrap the stripped back red wire from the cable and solder it and cover with liquid electric tape (comes in red or black as well as other colors from Home Depot or Lowes). I'm usually splicing in the power leads for the sound system, so I add it to that.

The photo below is actually from my F-18 but you can see how the finished product looks. Disregard all the other wires as the ones soldered at the base of the EC5 connector are the BEC wires and the JST connector under that and those wires are for the 2S battery for my afterburners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_191351.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	357191Click image for larger version

Name:	20220920_191427.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	357192
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thank you both for the explanation.

Comment

Reply to Kallend

Hi. thanks for the reply. A gyro would be an extra godsend I suppose. I've not even considered whether to fit a separate gyro or combined receiver/gyro. Hugh Wiedman has given me some good pointer references for receivers I need to check out. All input welcome and gratefully received thanks... I'm not that heavily clued up as yet on the electrics side of things but with help from members in the forum I will get there. I've got to get used to using the forum and method of replying to individual members. Regards...Rand
                              Hi mate, if you get the Spektrum AR637T it has gyro stability already. You set it up using "Forward programming" on your NX10. Forward programming option will not show on your transmitter until you power the receiver up. Loads of videos on youtube. I have AS3X on my Spitfire, although it flys that nice you don't really need it. But yeah, it is nice to have when it gets a bit choppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevBell View Post

Hi mate, if you get the Spektrum AR637T it has gyro stability already. You set it up using "Forward programming" on your NX10. Forward programming option will not show on your transmitter until you power the receiver up. Loads of videos on youtube. I have AS3X on my Spitfire, although it flys that nice you don't really need it. But yeah, it is nice to have when it gets a bit choppy.
                                Hi Kev. Just saw your message after a week off the PC. I've bought the Spectrum 8 channel receiver AR8360T. This too has Gyro stability. Installed it today but not done binding yet. Waiting for the J E J Johnny Johnson Decals off Callie Graphics Then I'll Be ready for a maiden. Thanks for the advice regards the forward programming function. Not used it as yet. ATB

Comment

Hi Kev. Just saw your message after a week off the PC. I've bought the Spectrum 8 channel receiver AR8360T. This too has Gyro stability. Installed it today but not done binding yet. Waiting for the J E J Johnny Johnson Decals off Callie Graphics Then I'll Be ready for a maiden. Thanks for the advice regards the forward programming function. Not used it as yet. ATB
                                  You might want to check this step by step guide to setting up using forward programming. It was written for the AR637T but applies equally well to the AR8360T.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

(If the link doesn't work, you can find it in flightengr's blog on rcgroups.com )

Comment

This is the tutorial I followed, but I'm thinking they all have to be about the same mate.

AR637T Receiver Setup via Forward Programming - Horizon Insider Tech Talk - YouTube

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spit2.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	358879
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• I just saw one second-hand for around 300 Euro, brand new, with only a small scuff mark on the wingtip, and I'm very tempted. But I already have 2 Sptitfire models (Ripmax 1200mm and the BH 2000mm). I feel like I need to join the Spitaholics Anonymous or something, as I'm finding excuses to buy this one too (the Ripmax is hand-launch, the BH is bulky in transport).
                                      I think I need help.

Comment

• Buy it!

Comment

• Binding issues after initial binding of Spektrum SPM AR8360T 8 channel receiver. Admiral 6000 6s battery/ies well charged.
                                          Receiver has been ''squarely'' fitted, in this case side mounted as instructed for ensure proper gyro operation and safe select..

1.Connect Battery, press bind button, AR8360T receiver flashes and NX10 trans go through binding process...Telemetry...Binding complete. But nothing works. All I get is the ESC or Motor beeping loud and continuously every second..... What ''if'' am I doing wrong. I did not put throttle trim to minimum just the throttle stick. Should there be a throttle stick process first? I've exhausted my efforts to find a solution on line. The receiver manual reveals nothing except mentioning Servo extensions or reversing Harnesses may cause erratic servo behaviour. I have made all connections just using the blue flight box. I may switch to normal Y harnesses at a later date. Any help most gratefully received. Rand

Comment

Working...
                                          X