X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Delizar View Post
    Yup, it is tough living here in Cali. Only 350 good flying days per year.
    Now you're just being cruel. LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Some folks just want to be mean.LOL
      Dewey l

Comment

• Getting closer! My Spitfires made it to Fort Worth last night. Only 250miles to go! Still showing Wednesday by end of day!

Comment

• I started putting the decals on last night and ran into a problem with the black stripe decals that go on the wings.

I thought they were vinyl stick on decals like the insignia decals but I was unable to separate them from the paper so I thought they were water slide (like the nomenclature decals) but after soaking one I couldn't get it to budge. I messed with these for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to separate them and finally gave up and moved on.

Hangar 9 has pin stripping tape in the 1/8" size that is needed so I'm going to pick some up at lunch from my local hobby shop.

I have one of the decals at work and messed with it again this morning and finally got it to peel off the paper. Part of the decal has the sticky back and part of it still has a thin layer of paper attached to it where the paper split, it's unusable.

It turns out that it does not have a clear piece on top like the insignia decals do which is why I was confused. The striping decals are literally a black stripe on paper. To get it off the paper you'll need to dig a little at the edge of the stripe and lift it. Think of it as pinstripe tape on paper.

So this plane comes with three different types of decals. The stripe decals are not numbered so it took some trial and error to figure out which ones went where and one of them needs to be cut to and then used in two other areas to make the long ones long enough. Of course figuring that out was a waste of time since I couldn't figure out how to separate them from the paper.

Two things that I think needs to be dealt with ASAP, posting a picture of the stripe decals with thier numbers so people don't waste a bunch of time (like I did) trying to figure out which ones goes where AND providing the decal placement sheet as a download like was done with the A-10. It would have been very helpful to have had this in electronic format so I could zoom in to better see placement.

Overall my first impressions of this plane are good despite this decal problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
            I started putting the decals on last night and ran into a problem with the black stripe decals that go on the wings.

I thought they were vinyl stick on decals like the insignia decals but I was unable to separate them from the paper so I thought they were water slide (like the nomenclature decals) but after soaking one I couldn't get it to budge. I messed with these for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to separate them and finally gave up and moved on.

Hangar 9 has pin stripping tape in the 1/8" size that is needed so I'm going to pick some up at lunch from my local hobby shop.

I have one of the decals at work and messed with it again this morning and finally got it to peel off the paper. Part of the decal has the sticky back and part of it still has a thin layer of paper attached to it where the paper split, it's unusable.

It turns out that it does not have a clear piece on top like the insignia decals do which is why I was confused. The striping decals are literally a black stripe on paper. To get it off the paper you'll need to dig a little at the edge of the stripe and lift it. Think of it as pinstripe tape on paper.

So this plane comes with three different types of decals. The stripe decals are not numbered so it took some trial and error to figure out which ones went where and one of them needs to be cut to and then used in two other areas to make the long ones long enough. Of course figuring that out was a waste of time since I couldn't figure out how to separate them from the paper.

Two things that I think needs to be dealt with ASAP, posting a picture of the stripe decals with thier numbers so people don't waste a bunch of time (like I did) trying to figure out which ones goes where AND providing the decal placement sheet as a download like was done with the A-10. It would have been very helpful to have had this in electronic format so I could zoom in to better see placement.

Overall my first impressions of this plane are good despite this decal problem.

Todd, can we add to the pdf online a sticker placement diagram?

Three different kinds of decals. Water slide, transfer/like Callie and let's say regular sticker type.

It can be confusing. Sorry you had a time with it. I screwed mine up a little as well. I ran the pinstripe first on one wing so the roundel covers it anyway and now it's visible as a raised line under one wing insignia.

Its best to plot out the course so to speak sometimes. I measured what I had and what I needed according to the diagram and went for it.

Beautiful plane!

Comment

• Please let one of the early pilots give info about the 3 different decal sheet eg how to use them and which one, Before i (especially) screw it up :Confused: Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                Getting closer! My Spitfires made it to Fort Worth last night. Only 250miles to go! Still showing Wednesday by end of day!
                Yeah, mine's due the same day. Hope to have it ready to fly this Saturday. Brad

Comment

• Got these from Alpha...Decal placement sheets...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire Decal placement.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	89218

Name:	Spitfire --Wing Bottom.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	89219
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Haha, simul-post.

Here are additional close ups showing the wing text in greater detail.

Name:	Screenshot (312).png
Views:	1012
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	89224

Name:	Screenshot (313).png
Views:	978
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	89225
                    Attached Files
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• So the nomenclature are waterslide, stripes are dry transfer and markings vinyl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Todd, can we add to the pdf online a sticker placement diagram?

Three different kinds of decals. Water slide, transfer/like Callie and let's say regular sticker type.

It can be confusing. Sorry you had a time with it. I screwed mine up a little as well. I ran the pinstripe first on one wing so the roundel covers it anyway and now it's visible as a raised line under one wing insignia.

Its best to plot out the course so to speak sometimes. I measured what I had and what I needed according to the diagram and went for it.

Beautiful plane!
                        I messaged Aros (that might be Todd) and asked if this could be done. He was going to e-mail Alpha to see if he can get the files and then post them.

Comment

• I saw Ryan's post and then saw the later posts where the decal placement sheets have been posted. That'll teach me to not read all new posts before posting. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                            So the nomenclature are waterslide, stripes are dry transfer and markings vinyl?
                            The water slides are thin and mostly stencils. Transfers are shiny that peels off Callie style and the regular vinyl simply peel off the backing and appear dull or matte from the start.

Comment

• Whats the difference of dry transfer and vinyl? (its my first time with decals, my other planes were decals ready)

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                Whats the difference of dry transfer and vinyl? (its my first time with decals, my other planes were decals ready)
                                Regular vinyl you peel off the bottom and stick it on. Dry transfer you peel off the bottom stick it on and then roll off the clear gloss top layer and the desired decal remains.

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                  Whats the difference of dry transfer and vinyl? (its my first time with decals, my other planes were decals ready)

Check this out around 13 minutes. The red triangle at the cowl is a good example of the dry transfer where the bottom comes off then the sticker gets placed and then the top clear layer is removed.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	154.8 KB ID:	89265
                                    Battery 5000 6s Admiral all the way forward Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	89256
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	89261
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	89258
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	89262

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	89255
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys click the small pics for captions.

Comment

• hehe...I'm giddy with excitement! Only one more day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Delizar View Post
                                          Yup, it is tough living here in Cali. Only 350 good flying days per year.
                                          LOLLOL;)
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X